Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-20-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
JustDezIT
Rookie

JustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Von Miller - The Real Deal?

How good is this guy? Where do you guys project him to go? Scouting report? I haven't seen much of him so any info is appreciated. I find it interesting Scott has him as the 9th best prospect.

Can he play OLB in a 34 aswell as ILB? If true that's great versatility. D coordinator dream.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
JustDezIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's going to be a huge bust, especially in a 3-4. NFL offensive tackles will have there way with him.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like he could be comparable to lawerence timmons. hes quite a boom or bust. hes VERY athletic and if unblocked he will get to the QB. but at this point i dont think hes #9 material
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
87Canes
Rookie

87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

This guy is extremely fast off the edge but he has NO MOVES. He tried to blow by everyone in college and once they finally realized that's all he has, he became blockable.

Didn't he go like a ton of games without a sack this year? I label him a BUST!!! Will measure and time well but his lack of moves will hurt him.
87Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajuncorey View Post
looks like he could be comparable to lawerence timmons. hes quite a boom or bust. hes VERY athletic and if unblocked he will get to the QB. but at this point i dont think hes #9 material
I like this comparison as well.

I don't care for him as a 3-4 OLB. He's got good size, he's aggressive and is a great athlete but I wouldn't count on him being able to get a consistent pass rush. He's a one trick pony who has no power and no counter moves. Where I do like him is as a WLB in an aggressive 4-3 defense or possibly as an ILB in a 3-4.

Last edited by TACKLE : 03-18-2011 at 02:10 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

43 WLB.

If he's unblocked, he can explode.

When he's blocked, he has among the worst counter moves in college FB.

He's very good in zone coverage.

Has solid instincts.

I have a mid to late 2nd round grade on him because I don't think he can shed blockers or tackle. He's a little on the light side and his core strength is abysmal in my opinion. Can't bull-rush well. Can't hold the edge.

That said, in the right system, he may explode. In the wrong system, he'll waste 3-4 years.

Maybe you could give him a first round grade if you feel you can play him in the right system.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where do you guys think he'll go? Late second round?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Where do you guys think he'll go? Late second round?
After the combine, i think most people will have him as a top 10 lock. The guy has great physical skills. So, I'm going top 10.

edit: I just want to make this clear, I think he will fly up boards after the combine, but whether he should or not is another debate and one I clearly don't think the answer is yes.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
After the combine, i think most people will have him as a top 10 lock. The guy has great physical skills. So, I'm going top 10.

edit: I just want to make this clear, I think he will fly up boards after the combine, but whether he should or not is another debate and one I clearly don't think the answer is yes.
oh gee, i didnt even think he would be that high last year. Then again this is definitely a weaker class overall. I still think he would be toward the later spots of the first round with the boom or bust factor coupled with the lack of production (he was injured apparently).

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Von Miller is what Aaron Maybin would have been had he gone back to school. I really don't like him as a pro prospect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Miller is definitely the real deal. He didn't go a ton of games without getting a sack as someone mentioned.

The only games he didn't manage to get any sacks was really only the first 4 games when he was battling through the ankle injury. He managed to rack up 10 sacks and 16 TFL's in the remaining 9 games.

He was unstoppable against Oklahoma and showed how physical he can be in stopping the run when he managed to stop the Sooners twice that game with goalline stands. Firing off the ball low, slipping blocks, and stuffing DeMarco Murray in the backfield.

The only real competition he has in the 1st round is Justin Houston, who managed to go 6 games this year without a sack. And if you watched Houston against Georgia Tech, he didn't look good to me trying to stop that triple option attack.

Reminded me of how bad Sean Weatherspoon looked last year trying to stop that triple option attack of Navy's in the bowl game.

Von Miller runs some of the best offensive tackles flat out ragged trying to stop him, including Russell Okung last year.

To me, Von Miller is the real deal. Nobody can match his speed, burst, acceleration, athleticism, first step, and snap anticipation. All he needs is to learn some counter moves.... but so did Brian Orakpo coming out of college.

He'll tear the combine up. I'm curious to see what his shuttle times are going to be... I have a feeling they could be legendary. His COD skills are insane.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Von Miller on the Cowboys at #9. I guess that's why JustDez posted this thread. Absolutely love him and think he would be insane in Rob Ryan's defense. Put him at ILB or OLB, mix it up, disguise where the blitz is coming from. The guy is simply a weapon. I bet he'll run the fastest LB timed 40. His COD skills are incredible as already mentioned, his ability to drop back in coverage is good, but his closing speed is what impresses me most.

I think he's got work to do against the run, as he's been prone to over run the play or rush too far outside leaving an inside lane open. But yeah, I like him as a 3-4 ILB... or OLB.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No comment on my opinion of Von, but in multiple posts in this thread people said that he is awesome if unblocked. I could be awesome if unblocked. What a stupid point to make.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a perfect strong side rush linebacker. I suppose he could play the strong side MLB in a 4-3, but it wouldn't be his most natural fit.

Put him on the right side of the field, he's the kind of guy that could drop back or rush the passer. Think James Harrison (without the attitude) or DeMarcus Ware (but shorter). He's #10 in my wishlist of the available overall talent.
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
No comment on my opinion of Von, but in multiple posts in this thread people said that he is awesome if unblocked. I could be awesome if unblocked. What a stupid point to make.
You're right. You should also include his quickness makes him hard to block.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, we're have a much better sense of how well he'll stack up against NFL OTs after we get his combine numbers. I'm not that concerned about the fact that he hasn't showed great technique in college, technique is something you can teach. Remember the 2009 draft, Everette Brown had great technique as a pass rusher, while Clay Matthews did not. Who's the better pass rusher now?

I think if Miller has the physical tools, he seems to have the attitude that will allow him to be a successful NFL pass-rusher if he hooks onto a good teacher.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:39 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
You're right. You should also include his quickness makes him hard to block.
Exactly. He's 6-2, 260 coming out of college? And he has the ability to not only rush the passer, but the athleticism to drop into coverage and the willingness to stop the run? That's a sure-fire top 15 talent if I've ever heard one.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:57 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I want Von Miller on the Cowboys at #9. I guess that's why JustDez posted this thread. Absolutely love him and think he would be insane in Rob Ryan's defense. Put him at ILB or OLB, mix it up, disguise where the blitz is coming from. The guy is simply a weapon. I bet he'll run the fastest LB timed 40. His COD skills are incredible as already mentioned, his ability to drop back in coverage is good, but his closing speed is what impresses me most.

I think he's got work to do against the run, as he's been prone to over run the play or rush too far outside leaving an inside lane open. But yeah, I like him as a 3-4 ILB... or OLB.
if you listen to UNC fans he stands no chance i believe Reality Check had both Carter and Quinn running 4.4

plus it does seem like Moch has legit 4.3 speed

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:01 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
if you listen to UNC fans he stands no chance i believe Reality Check had both Carter and Quinn running 4.4

plus it does seem like Moch has legit 4.3 speed
I care? Rolando McClain was drafted in the mid first by the Raiders and he had a HORRID 40 time. That didn't stop the Raiders from picking a straight beast in McClain. And he's had a great rookie year. Moch reminds me SOOOOOOOO much of Vernon Gholston.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:06 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

was never talking to you

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:16 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

Quote:
was never talking to you
Its a message board. Get use to it. If you want to rate all your prospects by how fast they can run in a straight line, go ahead. Not my preferred way of scouting.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:22 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

Quote:
was never talking to you
You should draft Donta Moch in the first. Let me know how that goes for you.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:35 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsy82 View Post
Exactly. He's 6-2, 260 coming out of college? And he has the ability to not only rush the passer, but the athleticism to drop into coverage and the willingness to stop the run? That's a sure-fire top 15 talent if I've ever heard one.
6'2" 240 if he's lucky.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:41 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

Whatever...I'm saying he'll be at least 250 by the time he's drafted. And lose none of his athleticism. Am I wrong to assume that? You tell me.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:53 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsy82 View Post
Whatever...I'm saying he'll be at least 250 by the time he's drafted. And lose none of his athleticism. Am I wrong to assume that? You tell me.
Putting on 10-15 pounds without losing athleticism isn't unheard of.