Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-23-2011, 12:58 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Whats your guys thoughts on preferred ending? I didnt really like the alternate ending as much as the original. I know in the very beginning his daughter said " Daddy look a butterfly" in the car ride. What was the connection at the end between the butterflys? Just him wanting to be back with who Will had taken. An Will wanting to be back with his daughter?

To be honest, I didn't really like either of them. They really could've done better. The first half of the movie was SO GOOD. then it just collapsed. If they added another hardcore action scene after ethan and anna show up, and had a much more bad ass death for will smith it wouldve been oscar worthy.

Say, will smith being dragged away to his death after giving the cure to anna just as she is able to escape in the middle of the night? Idk, some better and less ******** than a zombie running into the glass like jack lambert and will smith thinking he is marshawn lynch going into beast mode with that grenade wouldve been much better. It's still one of my favorite movies tho just because I am fascinated with being the only man left on the planet. Imagine that...

And as for the guy two posts above who talked about just using google, I did plenty of research, I was just curious if anyone has inside sources to movies, or IMDBPro or something that couldve told me more information... no need to be a wise ass.

But yeah, the ending was definitly weak. Just thinking in your head there are so many ways it couldve been better and became a classic. I'm supprised will smith supported the last 30 minutes of the movie. It was a terrible let down to a BOSS first hour.

Hopefully this next one it epic, if it happens.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:19 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

on a better note...... supposedly there will be an Independence Day 2. Now thats freakin awesome!

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:20 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the first movie, but it felt short to me.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:24 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
on a better note...... supposedly there will be an Independence Day 2. Now thats freakin awesome!
I think too much time has passed for them to make a sequel... it almost never works out...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:30 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
I think too much time has passed for them to make a sequel... it almost never works out...
yeah usually i agree.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1628841/ this is listed in here, apparently there is also an independence day 3 as well listed at imdb lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, ID4 was such a great movie. (Is this the Will Smith Hype thread????)
Part 2 (and 3?!) would be about.... ? Would it still have Will, Jeff G, Mr. President (don't know his name)...
or will it be re-casted and go straight to DVD? Or one of those awful SyFy movies

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Wow, ID4 was such a great movie. (Is this the Will Smith Hype thread????)
Part 2 (and 3?!) would be about.... ? Would it still have Will, Jeff G, Mr. President (don't know his name)...
or will it be re-casted and go straight to DVD? Or one of those awful SyFy movies
Chill everybody. This is an I am legend prequel/sequel whatever-quel thread.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Count me in with the "loved the movie until Ethan and Anna showed up" group. It took something away from the movie, just having them walk up.

The dog dying I was fine with. I mean, it made me feel sad, but it was a huge point in the movie. They could have done so much more with Neville's depression than just have him try to die, and then encounter more people.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
Count me in with the "loved the movie until Ethan and Anna showed up" group. It took something away from the movie, just having them walk up.

The dog dying I was fine with. I mean, it made me feel sad, but it was a huge point in the movie. They could have done so much more with Neville's depression than just have him try to die, and then encounter more people.
I guess the dog dying isn't so bad, it's just the 40 minutes that followed that was ending. if there was another badass action scene and the intro of anna and ethan was better it woudlve been sick.

also, him finding the cure and then givng his life to protect it coudlve been so much better.

again, I am suprised will smith signed off on it. you would think he wouldve thought of something better.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

bump bump bump bump, BUMP BUMP.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
It's Bill Paxton.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
It's Bill Paxton.
You misspelled Pullman
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Maybe an I Am Legend remake...then a prequel.
The Will Smith version was a remake (of the Vincent Price original that was remade as The Omega Man w/ Charlton Heston in 1974).

Will Smith in a prequel? So this is how he becomes the New Denzel.....(opens envelope) And the Academy Award for Best Actor goes to .....
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody appreciates a good Paxton/Pullman joke anymore.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
The Will Smith version was a remake (of the Vincent Price original that was remade as The Omega Man w/ Charlton Heston in 1974).

Will Smith in a prequel? So this is how he becomes the New Denzel.....(opens envelope) And the Academy Award for Best Actor goes to .....
The Omega Man was so bad. Epically bad.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:29 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure I'd want to see it after I Am Legends garbage ending.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
Not sure I'd want to see it after I Am Legends garbage ending.
Yeah, they butchered it. The ending was pointless, meaningless, and in a sense, completely unnecessary.

The original ending in the book, and I guess the alternate one, were better.

And what the heck would the prequel be about? We know what happens to the family, to the world, and everything. Guess it'd be something like this:

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:53 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post

I think they played the point after the dog's death fine. I mean, how could they really do more with it when he was ready to kill himself not long after? They would have had to find some way for him to still have motivation to do **** because he obviously wasn't interested in living, or looking for a cure anymore once his dog died so while Anna and Ethan may not have been the best follow up, it would have had to of been something similiar.

Other then people or a person showing up, I doubt he lived very much longer. It pissed me off seeing the dog die, but you almost had to expect it. Movies like this pets don't really last that long anyway, but it was just how close of a bond they had is what messed me up. Plus I'm a huge dog person myself.

Where would this prequel take place though? What setting? I think it's best if it's just left alone. I don't think the movie really tanked at the end, it was ok, but not terrible. That alternate ending was terrible as hell though, for so many reasons.

I still agree with someone in that I didn't know what the whole butterfly connection was. I followed along with it all story, but it needs to have more of a meaning. None the less, when I bought my blu ray player this past xmas it was one of the first movies I purchased along with I Robot. If you haven't seen it on blu ray yet it then do it, looks beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think they played the point after the dog's death fine. I mean, how could they really do more with it when he was ready to kill himself not long after? They would have had to find some way for him to still have motivation to do **** because he obviously wasn't interested in living, or looking for a cure anymore once his dog died so while Anna and Ethan may not have been the best follow up, it would have had to of been something similiar.

Other then people or a person showing up, I doubt he lived very much longer. It pissed me off seeing the dog die, but you almost had to expect it. Movies like this pets don't really last that long anyway, but it was just how close of a bond they had is what messed me up. Plus I'm a huge dog person myself.

Where would this prequel take place though? What setting? I think it's best if it's just left alone. I don't think the movie really tanked at the end, it was ok, but not terrible. That alternate ending was terrible as hell though, for so many reasons.

I still agree with someone in that I didn't know what the whole butterfly connection was. I followed along with it all story, but it needs to have more of a meaning. None the less, when I bought my blu ray player this past xmas it was one of the first movies I purchased along with I Robot. If you haven't seen it on blu ray yet it then do it, looks beautiful.
I agree with a lot of this, except for not being able to do much after the dog dies.

It's a Will Smith movie, someone easily could've thought of another BOSS scene to throw in there to make the 2nd half worth watching. A sweet fight scene or something. That car on the dock scene was ***, then ethan and anna show up and it's borning. The ending fight was stupid and then the ending was just terrible.

They coudlve put in a boss like exploring a building into a fight or something.