Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Your Super Bowl Prediction
Packers in a high scoring game, 50+ points 8 30.77%
Packers in a low scoring game, like the NFCCG 16 61.54%
Steelers in a high scoring game 1 3.85%
Steelers in a low scoring game 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
I don't know why, but I was very curious about this.

Couple of notes.

White jerseys have a 6 game super bowl winning streak.

The Packers have a 3 game white jersey winning streak.

Mike McCarthy doesn't give 2 shits about streaks.
Possibly it sends a message to the team that he doesn't believe in streaks/superstition. Uniforms, beards, shoes, socks, any of that BS doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is how they prepare for this game and what they do on the field. They didn't win 3 straight road games because they wore white jerseys. They won because they put the time in to prepare and played their asses off on the field. That's what they need to bring in two weeks.

Or maybe he just likes green.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like green, so I'm fine with it. Packers DID go 7-1 while in their green home uni's(ok, one game was a throwback game)

streaks were made to be broken, anyway. Last time the Packers wore Green in SB they won. Last time they wore white....well, we remember that ****** game. Plus, green looks better anyway

also, nice bit of news so far:

Quote:
WTMJ reporting that ESPN is reporting so far Wisconsin is outnumbering Penn by a 2 to 1 margin in the purchase of SB tickets. If the trend continues, Texas stadium will have Packers far outnumbering Steeler fans and it will have the feel of a Packer home game.
Pack fans need to take over that stadium!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news! The Steelers always get so much pub for their travelling fans, but we know cheeseheads are the best.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not all is perfect news:

Quote:
There was a discussion earlier on twitter among a couple of Packers - linebacker Nick Barnett and tight end Jermichael Finley - who got hurt playing this season and have been out for the year, on injured reserve. They've been told they will not be in the Super Bowl team picture.

And that doesn't sit well with them.

@NickBarnett "Kinda sad... Found out basically IR guys can not be in team picture... It's kinda sad to think.."

@JermichaelF88 "So that just saying forget the IR players. Disrespect! But its all good someone is going to pay."

@NickBarnett to @JermichaelF88 "More added motivation !!!"

@JermichaelF88 "We got hurt playing for the team. Its not like we got injury bs'in around."
"And its a team rule! Shame"
"I guess its what have u done for me lately!"

Finley was hurt after a teammate fumbled away the ball and Finley stepped in to make the tackle.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/114584679.html
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
also, nice bit of news so far:
Pack fans need to take over that stadium!
I wonder if Steeler fans, used to this with 2 Super Bowls already the past 4 or 5 years, tend to wait on tickets til closer to the game as prices tend to drop.

I heard they are already starting to dip a bit.

PACKER FANS, BE SMART.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's just an issue in that if you let a couple IR players, you let them all in. And then our photo just gets silly, with 15 extra guys in there. Don't think it was meant as a slap in the face, more of, we just don't have room for a bajillion guys.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 offenses essentially playing against their own defense. I like GB in this situation.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I wonder if Steeler fans, used to this with 2 Super Bowls already the past 4 or 5 years, tend to wait on tickets til closer to the game as prices tend to drop.

I heard they are already starting to dip a bit.

PACKER FANS, BE SMART.
I think the initial prices are just to take advantage of the people trying to swoop in quickly to ensure tickets. Basically they have 2 weeks to sell the tickets so the supply and demand will factor the prices a bit.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
That depressed me. We don't need any distractions and Finley, at least, is part of our long-term future so we need to make them happy. Granted, they need to get over it; they didn't get us here. If you're not dressing for the game, you shouldn't be getting a ring, imo.

But it's a ******* photo. Blagh.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

um, they can just take their own photos themselves later in the week if they want one so badly
Old 01-25-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I still have my beautiful plaque from the Super Bowl XXXI championship team with the team photo... and I think they guys should be able to be in the team photo, on the outside a la the coaching staff.

I remember missing Robert Brooks so badly from the 96 team... but I thought he was in the team photo. I have to go back and look now....
Old 01-25-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
That depressed me. We don't need any distractions and Finley, at least, is part of our long-term future so we need to make them happy. Granted, they need to get over it; they didn't get us here. If you're not dressing for the game, you shouldn't be getting a ring, imo.

But it's a ******* photo. Blagh.
I blew it off when I first heard of it but listening to Finley on ESPN right now, I have to say he went from being one of my favorite players to being a guy I could care less about keeping around. For 6 hours he posted **** on Twitter about not being in a ******* photo... At least Barnett apologized so I give him some credit for doing so.

Finley: shut your ******* mouth and work on getting healthy again. Support your team and support your teammates. You're talented as **** but damn, we don't need another Javon Walker on our hands.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

guy is probably bored and pissed his knee is keeping him out of a career game. I'll give him a pass this time since he's been so mature the past 2 years or so.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

what was he saying on ESPN? I don't blame him for feeling bummed out about not being in the pic(hence his tweets) but what was he doing on ESPN?
Old 01-25-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...per-bowl-photo

Finley being a bit of an attention *****. He did a Sportscenter interview to complain? Wtf was the point of that?

Still, what the hell is the point of this rule? It's stupid. Do they just want to slap players in the face or what? Too few distractions before the Super Bowl? It's a ******* photo.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 01-25-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:32 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

there is no rule, this was a decision made by the Packers. Apparently the guys on IR have are on some sort of rehab schedule, and having them fly with the team tuesday(which is when they will take the pic) would have conflicted with the schedule that the IR guys were on, or something like that

I get that they are frustrated/upset about not being in the pic, it's a once in a lifetime sort of thing, but damn, they need to know that at this point, any little thing will get blown up in the media and spun whatever way the media chooses. I know they made their tweets in the heat of the moment, but seriously, use better judgement.

In the end I don't think this is a big deal, and I doubt we hear much about this from here on out. Both players backtracked/apologized and that should be the end of it. They should know the team isn't trying to slight them in any way. I mean, they will be on the field with the TEAM during the game, jeez

if any of the guys use this as a sign of disrespect from the organization, then well I just don't know what to say

Last edited by BloodBrother : 01-26-2011 at 11:40 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

The Packers made this decision.
Apparently the team Super Bowl photos are typically done on a Tuesday down there, and the IR guys aren't coming in til Thursday.

This team is not typical, so I think they should move the photo to Thursday, and include the players.

What's the harm in that? Everyone should be happy about it. Use some f**** common sense here... this sounds like a PGA Tour rule so far.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Pack is smart, they'll reschedule that photo or charter a special plane to get those IR players there. Imagine you ****** up your knee or whatever helping a team go all the way and you're not included in a photo that will be hung up at team HQ and stared at by future players for the next 100 years.

You'd feel like management doesn't give two shits about you, right? Like a piece of meat who doesn't mean a thing to them? That may have an effect on negotiations for your next contract, right? Free agency exists. You have to go out of your way to make your players feel like valued members of a family and all that other touchy-feely crap.

If they don't fix it, some guys are going to be disgruntled, and not necessarily just the ones who go on twitter and make asses of themselves. Some guys just let things fester and stay pissed off until they get a chance to go elsewhere.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

just announced that they are going to take the photo Friday, so the IR players will be included in the pic. Don't get why they didn't just do that in the first place...

Oh well, pretty dumb situation but at least they resolved it quickly so it wouldn't continue to become a topic of discussion
Old 01-26-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good move. It'll save them a big headache later.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Glad they took my advice.
And Monomach's.

When a Bear & Packer fan agree on something like that, you know it's right.
Good move Mark Murphy.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
just announced that they are going to take the photo Friday, so the IR players will be included in the pic. Don't get why they didn't just do that in the first place...

Oh well, pretty dumb situation but at least they resolved it quickly so it wouldn't continue to become a topic of discussion
Thank god, LOL.

I'm assuming they didn't think the IR players would react so strongly to a logistical decision. I doubt McCarthy was even involved in this, although he might have become involved and got them to change it when he heard of it.

Finley needs to twitter something positive now. Like "ohhhh they really do loooove me!!!! Swooon!" >.>;;

Old 01-26-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Both guys already have been saying positive things. I think the Pack did an excellent job to diffuse this situation as quickly as possible with both parties being happy in the end. Now it's over and done with and they can move on to ACTUAL stories like the upcoming game

speaking of the game, Steelers G Chris Kemoeatu said today after practice that Pouncey will NOT play in the SB.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Both guys already have been saying positive things. I think the Pack did an excellent job to diffuse this situation as quickly as possible with both parties being happy in the end. Now it's over and done with and they can move on to ACTUAL stories like the upcoming game

speaking of the game, Steelers G Chris Kemoeatu said today after practice that Pouncey will NOT play in the SB.
This is HUGE for us. Considering how well B.J. has been playing you could argue it puts our best defensive player against their worst offensive player all night long. They're going to HAVE to double him all night and even then he's going to be disruptive. Over/under B.J. Raji 2 sacks? I'm going over.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:31 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I wouldn't count out Pouncey until I see him in scrubs on crutches before the game starts.

Did you guys know that LaMarr Woodley has the NFL Record for fastest player to get 10 sacks in NFL playoff history?

They already have the terror beast James Harrison, and then Woodley opposite him. Guy always gets single blocking because of Harrison, and for us, that's gonna be Bulaga the rookie which scares the crap out of me.

I think this is the difference between defenses. They have 2 beasts at OLB, we have one. We need another opposite Matthews.
Walden had one beast game, week 17. But I think he now has a high ankle sprain so we're down to our 5th ROLB. Why can't one of their top 2 OLB be out instead of 4 of ours?

I like our DL better than theirs, although theirs is great as well. I just wouldn't trade.
Both have great LB's, but because of Woodley, I'd take theirs.
Our DBs are better overall, but Polamalu is flatout awesome and comes up with big plays at the biggest times. We need Woodson to be the guy this time to do that.

I just found out I got tickets yesterday, so I will be at the game!
I know a lot of people going.... most are Packers fans.

But there are a lot of Steelers fans who live down here in Dallas..... the good thing is all Cowboys fans are anti-Steelers fans so we'll get their support too.

From McGinn:
Quote:
"Don't beat your head against the wall," the coach said. "They understand their gap control. Every gap is filled. If I was going to play the Steelers, I would not even waste my time getting in regular personnel and trying to run the ball on them."

In the 43rd Super Bowl, Arizona spread the field with a flotilla of wide receivers, rushed merely 12 times for 33 yards and kept the 360-pound Hampton off the field for all but 14 snaps.

Kurt Warner passed for 377 yards and three touchdowns (112.3 passer rating)
http://www.jsonline.com/packerinsider/114693439.html

We need to follow that formula and I think MM will. He knows getting Hampton out is a good thing for us.
He knows we can throw short quick passes to take the place of runs, and to keep 92 and 65 from pinning their ears back and flying at Rodgers every time.

That passer rating for Warner in that thrilling Super Bowl, that's Rodgers AVERAGE passer rating in domes... 111.5. I think we should throw it about 50 times, and only run when they think we're passing it.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 01-27-2011 at 06:58 AM.