Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Your Super Bowl Prediction
Packers in a high scoring game, 50+ points 8 30.77%
Packers in a low scoring game, like the NFCCG 16 61.54%
Steelers in a high scoring game 1 3.85%
Steelers in a low scoring game 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few BIG differences from last year.
2 help Pitt & hurt us.
2 help us and hurt them.

REVIEW:
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We better match them down here! I want GREEN & gold, not BLACK & gold.

Steeler Nation About to Flood Dallas

4 Airlines Add Flights To Dallas To Meet Demand Of Steelers Fans
http://www.wpxi.com/news/26649490/detail.html

Quote:
PITTSBURGH -- Four airlines have added flights to meet the demand of Pittsburgh Steelers fans heading to Super Bowl XLV in Dallas.American, Delta, Southwest and US Airways have added flights from Pittsburgh International Airport to Dallas in days prior to the February 6 game.

AirTran Airways has added extra segments, also increasing available seats to Dallas through its Atlanta hub.Seat availability and bookings can be made at each airlines' respective website. Some flights may already be sold out.

Beginning Friday, Feb. 4, there will be 14 flights heading to Dallas/Fort Worth and Dallas Love Field Airports, carrying Steelers fans to the big game. That schedule includes regular service by American Airlines from Pittsburgh to Dallas, as well as five additional flights by the other three airlines.

American has also added a flight on Feb. 4. Conceivably, fans could catch a game-day flight from Pittsburgh at 12:45 p.m. and arrive in Dallas at 2:35, well ahead of the scheduled 6 p.m. kickoff time.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super Bowl Week

Let the anticipation begin!!!
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is a look at the Packers endzone

Old 01-31-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

It's ***** cold down here now!
The weather rolling in at the moment is going to be the coldest temps Dallas has had in maybe 15 years. It's b******t.

I moved here to get away from this crap and the Packers/Steelers are bringing it down.

FYI, I just talked to a starting player on the Dallas Cowboys today, and he feels the Packers should win because both teams won't be able to run, and he said our WR corps and QB are better.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching media day. So cool to see this especially since there wasn't anything like this back when GB last made the SB. Soaking it all in

pretty sure my friend and I are just gonna drive to Dallas for the game. Spur of the moment type thing
Old 02-01-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Watching media day. So cool to see this especially since there wasn't anything like this back when GB last made the SB. Soaking it all in
pretty sure my friend and I are just gonna drive to Dallas for the game. Spur of the moment type thing
Good call.... go and watch it at the sportsbar VERNON'S.
That's where I watched the NFCCG last week... it's a total Packer bar so you'll feel like you are in a section of Lambeau Field with a few hundreds of other crazy Packer fans... all dressed up like they're at the game.
Cars all over with Packer flags and stickers and other memorabillia.

I think they are having it on outside as well in the parking lot because there are so many people.... I'd go there if I wasn't going to the game. My parents are going to go.

It should be back up into the 50s which is average for this time of year. This 20-degree stuff now is bulls****.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:50 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

<bizarre
Old 02-03-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

XLV: The difference a year makes

Quote:
Bush and Bell were on the field only because of injuries to players who began the year ahead of them on the depth chart. Capers seemed to be protecting them for much of the game by limiting his normally thick playbook. Roethlisberger used his innate pocket elusiveness to buy more than enough time for his receivers to get open. The Packers estimate they missed at least five potential sacks in the game.
Something interesting. The Steelers really only faced two offenses this season that in IMO compare to the Packers offense at least in passing offense. In week 8 they gave up 20 pts, 305 yds passing, and lost to the Saints. In week 10 they gave up 39 pts, 349 yds passing, and lost to the Patriots. I think the Packers are better on defense than both of those teams.

Last edited by TimmG6376 : 02-03-2011 at 08:53 PM.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:41 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
XLV: The difference a year makes
Something interesting. The Steelers really only faced two offenses this season that in IMO compare to the Packers offense at least in passing offense. In week 8 they gave up 20 pts, 305 yds passing, and lost to the Saints. In week 10 they gave up 39 pts, 349 yds passing, and lost to the Patriots. I think the Packers are better on defense than both of those teams.
Good stuff TummG.
Where is everyone else? Stranded in snowy ditches?
The weather here in Dallas is HORRIBLE! It's impossible to say how it is without cursing left & right.
Monday night overnight we got rain then ice..... and since then, every day, it's been ice on roads about 80% of locations including most major highways.

They don't have the trucks to plow and sand.... very very few so they don't get most areas.

Now I woke up to 5 inches of snow on top of that s***t.

Jermichael Finley will be coming up on Mike & Mike...... let's hope he doesn't shoot himself in the mouth again.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Good stuff TummG.
Where is everyone else? Stranded in snowy ditches?
The weather here in Dallas is HORRIBLE! It's impossible to say how it is without cursing left & right.
Monday night overnight we got rain then ice..... and since then, every day, it's been ice on roads about 80% of locations including most major highways.

They don't have the trucks to plow and sand.... very very few so they don't get most areas.

Now I woke up to 5 inches of snow on top of that s***t.

Jermichael Finley will be coming up on Mike & Mike...... let's hope he doesn't shoot himself in the mouth again.
Very curious to hear what Finley says. I hope he does the right thing and says nothing but good stuff about the Packers and if (when) the photo thing comes up he just says it got blown out of proportion and it's all good.

Anywhere I can listen to the clip online? Has it happened yet?

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Very curious to hear what Finley says. I hope he does the right thing and says nothing but good stuff about the Packers and if (when) the photo thing comes up he just says it got blown out of proportion and it's all good.

Anywhere I can listen to the clip online? Has it happened yet?
I don't think he showed. They mentioned at one point while Steve Young was there that Finely wouldn't be able to make it.

Quote:
espn_nfcnblog ESPN Blogs NFC North
RT: @JermichaelF88: Heading to take the Team Photo! Smile big! Lmao
Harmless tweet but damn someone please take his twitter account away until after Sunday. Seems like only a matter of time.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Finleys tweets are worse than his voice comments.
I'd say take away his voicebox, but he still types bad.

Tons of cool articles from all over, but I don't want to "hijack" them here as we have some anal thread police on those things, but check out www.PackersInsider.com for many of them, and some videos.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Not the first time it has been written about but what a great story nonetheless:

http://www.footballreportersonline.c...econd-chances/
Old 02-04-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely don't want to silence our players. I'm glad they brought up the photo thing, I just didn't like the timing. They will learn from this and become better teammates for it. If they don't, then they won't stay on the team. The photo thing was mostly a non-story, and there is always going to be a non-story being reported and updated 24/7 no matter what they do. I don't blame Twitter or the players, I blame the media. The Steelers are dealing with it right now because Ben took his lineman out for barbecue and a piano bar on a Tuesday and was back by curfew. I'd rather let our players have fun with being in the spot light and stay connected to the fans whenever possible.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Definitely don't want to silence our players. I'm glad they brought up the photo thing, I just didn't like the timing. They will learn from this and become better teammates for it. If they don't, then they won't stay on the team. The photo thing was mostly a non-story, and there is always going to be a non-story being reported and updated 24/7 no matter what they do. I don't blame Twitter or the players, I blame the media. The Steelers are dealing with it right now because Ben took his lineman out for barbecue and a piano bar on a Tuesday and was back by curfew. I'd rather let our players have fun with being in the spot light and stay connected to the fans whenever possible.
Yeah. I just wish that they would have contacted McCarthy or Woodson/Rodgers directly instead of tweeting it to the whole world.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Yeah. I just wish that they would have contacted McCarthy or Woodson/Rodgers directly instead of tweeting it to the whole world.
That would have been mature.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright. Freaking out. Game is tomorrow. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. As much as we all want to say we're just happy to have made it, we're all going to be CRUSHED if we lose.

I'm going 24-23 Packers. I think they take the lead with about a minute and a half to go, Rodgers marches us down and we all hold our breath as Crosby hits a 42 yard field goal to win it with no time left.

Rodgers 20 of 27, 287 yards, 2 TDs + 1 rushing.
Big Ben 24 of 36 324 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs

Rodgers takes MVP.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I'm going 24-23 Packers. I think they take the lead with about a minute and a half to go, Rodgers marches us down and we all hold our breath as Crosby hits a 42 yard field goal to win it with no time left.

Rodgers 20 of 27, 287 yards, 2 TDs + 1 rushing.
Big Ben 24 of 36 324 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs

Rodgers takes MVP.
Your scenario would be EPIC, and the all-time best feeling.
But I might die of a heart attack and miss it.... so I'd rather have a Falcons-game type route!

Seeing Crosby come thru would be great.... but I'd pee my pants because I don't trust him, even in a dome.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy Super Sunday!

GO PACK GO! Bring our trophy home!

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:57 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday everybody.

Enjoy the day.

Poor Rachel Nichols is wandering around town trying to find something interesting to report. she found out Sammy's Pizza is closed today.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:04 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
Happy Super Bowl Sunday everybody.

Enjoy the day.

Poor Rachel Nichols is wandering around town trying to find something interesting to report. she found out Sammy's Pizza is closed today.
really!? i haven't been to sammy's for a couple months, i was thinking of hitting it up for lunch....damn! guess i'll have stick with McDonald's 50 nuggets for 10 bucks haha

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Lions fan I want to come on here and wish you guys luck tonight. I am gonna be pulling for the Pack hard tonight. Godspeed.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

I HATE how we're favorites going into this. Makes me very, very uneasy. Sigh.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Attendance of 105,000 expected tonight. This is going to be good.