Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-26-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm confused as to what Russell Sheppard got suspended for. On CFL, they said it was talking to a teammate who was going to talk to the NCAA about some scouting service. The wording really confused me.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
I'm confused as to what Russell Sheppard got suspended for. On CFL, they said it was talking to a teammate who was going to talk to the NCAA about some scouting service. The wording really confused me.
That violates an NCAA bylaw

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh hey guys, soon I'll be able to join this thread with something worthwhile to contribute.

gig 'em.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

This will be the best October in SEC history starting with our upset of Bama this Saturday and then on to Baton Rouge to crush the buildings there
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
This will be the best October in SEC history starting with our upset of Bama this Saturday and then on to Baton Rouge to crush the buildings there
Ha! Yeah, good luck with that. LSU is on a roll right now with a Kentucky speed bump in the way between us and our afternoon date with UF

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-26-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seriously, what's with Florida fans and their sudden confidence in beating Bama?
Old 09-26-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think uf beats bama this week, but loses to lsu the following. first, i think lsu is better than alabama, but even if they weren't i just can't see the gators winning both of these games in consecutive weeks. the gameplan to stop both offenses is really the same, i just think florida will be too worn down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Seriously, what's with Florida fans and their sudden confidence in beating Bama?
i just feel this way from watching both teams play. if florida can stop alabama's rushing attack, they'll win. and i think they will. florida has one of the best, if not the best, front sevens in the country. and rookie qb's don't really have their best games in the swamp and alabama doesn't have the receivers to exploit the uf secondary. weis' ability to utilize demps and rainey will be key, and honestly, i don't think alabama has the speed on defense to stop the swing pass.

Last edited by sbh15 : 09-26-2011 at 02:33 PM.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post

i just feel this way from watching both teams play. if florida can stop alabama's rushing attack, they'll win. and i think they will. florida has one of the best, if not the best, front sevens in the country. and rookie qb's don't really have their best games in the swamp and alabama doesn't have the receivers to exploit the uf secondary. weis' ability to utilize demps and rainey will be key, and honestly, i don't think alabama has the speed on defense to stop the swing pass.
All Bama has to do is stop Chris Rainy and they'll win.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bama just dominated an explosive offense in Arkansas. I don't think they'll have any trouble containing Rainey. He's basically all your offense has. You guys do have a great defensive line, but don't forget how good Bama's o-line is as well.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
All Bama has to do is stop Chris Rainy and they'll win.
no.... just no. they'll also have to deal with demps and burton, and quite a bit of the time, all three at once. honestly, there's not really a defense in the country that can properly handle those 3 and not create mismatches at other positions. weis' ability to call the game and take advantage of those situations is what i think gives florida the edge. another big part of it is that this game is in the swamp.

i'm prepared to eat crow if uf loses, but if you think alabama is going to have their way with florida like they did with arkansas, you're sorely mistaken.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd give Florida 6 points and I still think Bama covers it, 24-17 my prediction

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
no.... just no. they'll also have to deal with demps and burton, and quite a bit of the time, all three at once. honestly, there's not really a defense in the country that can properly handle those 3 and not create mismatches at other positions. weis' ability to call the game and take advantage of those situations is what i think gives florida the edge. another big part of it is that this game is in the swamp.

i'm prepared to eat crow if uf loses, but if you think alabama is going to have their way with florida like they did with arkansas, you're sorely mistaken.
You're about to see if that statement is true having to play Alabama and LSU in back to back weeks - the two best defenses in the country.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-27-2011, 08:45 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

So there's a problem with having faith in my team? Oh gosh shoot me for being a fan lol. Seriously, I like our chances in the next two games. Not saying that we'll win both or win one, but you come off like I should say we have NO shot.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:17 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/tr...o-see-here.php

Quote:
On August 28th, 2011 Alabama running back Trent Richardson was pulled over for speeding in Chilton County, Alabama. The Crimson Tide star was going 85 in a 70 and the officer noted that he blamed the "large rims" on his vehicle for the speeding violation.
I didn't even read the rest of the article because I couldn't care less, but his reasoning for speeding is just too good.

It's a good thing the kid knows how to run with a football...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
So there's a problem with having faith in my team? Oh gosh shoot me for being a fan lol. Seriously, I like our chances in the next two games. Not saying that we'll win both or win one, but you come off like I should say we have NO shot.
Its just funny to me as an unbiased observer because a lot of it looks like homerism to me.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/tr...o-see-here.php

I didn't even read the rest of the article because I couldn't care less, but his reasoning for speeding is just too good.

It's a good thing the kid knows how to run with a football...
I wonder how paid for his rims.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Its just funny to me as an unbiased observer because a lot of it looks like homerism to me.
i don't think any reasonable florida fan expected us to look this good this early. now that things are going so well, it's natural that expectations will take a big jump. but honestly, alabama and florida have the same gameplan to stop each other - take away the run and force the qb to beat you. that means the battle is brantley vs mccarron. we still don't really know how improved brantley is (though he looks much better throwing downfield), but you still have to give the edge to him over a freshman qb making his first trip to the swamp.

i'd say bama has a slight defensive edge because of their corners, but what really makes me think uf can win is that i just don't think alabama's linebackers can cover demps, rainey, and burton out of the backfield. to stop that, you have to put defensive backs on them, which creates mismatches at other positions. the difference between this year and last year is charlie weis knows what he is doing, unlike the incompetent **** that was steve addazio.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

This is how I see a position-by-position breakdown between the two...

QB - Draw. Neither team has a QB that is really gonna put the team on their back and carry them to victory.
HB - Slight edge to Bama. Trent Richardson and Eddie Lacey are more likely to wear down a defense in this type of game, IMO.
WR - Draw. Both of these teams are really lacking here. I didn't see Florida's WRs make one play in the UT game and the only play I've seen a Bama receiver make all season was on a punt return.
OL - Edge to Bama. I don't think too many would argue this.
DL - Edge to Florida. Bama still has a good d-line though.
LB - Bama.
DB - Bama.
STs - Draw

Depth - Bama
Coaching - Bama

I've got Bama by two TDs.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

Quote:
This is how I see a position-by-position breakdown between the two...

QB - Draw. Neither team has a QB that is really gonna put the team on their back and carry them to victory.
HB - Slight edge to Bama. Trent Richardson and Eddie Lacey are more likely to wear down a defense in this type of game, IMO.
WR - Draw. Both of these teams are really lacking here. I didn't see Florida's WRs make one play in the UT game and the only play I've seen a Bama receiver make all season was on a punt return.
OL - Edge to Bama. I don't think too many would argue this.
DL - Edge to Florida. Bama still has a good d-line though.
LB - Bama.
DB - Bama.
STs - Draw

Depth - Bama
Coaching - Bama

I've got Bama by two TDs.
I respect that. I mean since Bama has proven themselves already in convincing fashion against Arkansas, I can't argue you saying they will win by 2 TD's is reckless. Just watching this UF team and how much more loose our defense is (REALLY have been underrated and will come up big Saturday I believe) I think we can win. It's really going to come down to getting them off the field and getting good field position for us.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

linebackers are close to equal, imo. florida's group is badly underrated. db's is bama in a landslide, though. depth i would certainly give to bama, but i say coaching is just as close to a draw. kirby smart and nick saban is a nasty duo on defense, but charlie weis is consistently one of the best offensive minds in football, wherever he is. if you think alabam is going to win by 2 td's, you should put a LOT of money on this game because the line is alabama by 4.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

IDK, I kind of think Charlie Weiss' conservative playcalling is what allowed UT to stay in that game for as long as they did a couple of weeks ago.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it was Randy Cross that said the announcers may want to get familiar with the name of Brantley's backup....haha.

I thought that was funny... because it's probably true.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay Damiere Byrd can finally play this week. 4 game suspension is over. He instantly becomes the fastest player on our team. He was fantastic and uncoverable in summer workouts.

I'm just giddy to have a legit 4.3 type speed guy on the squad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
IDK, I kind of think Charlie Weiss' conservative playcalling is what allowed UT to stay in that game for as long as they did a couple of weeks ago.
i guess we'll see. the offense hasn't really had to show too much because they haven't faced a team that forces them too. i think we'll see a lot of new looks offensively this weekend. in fact, i'd say weis has been saving a hefty chunk of the playbook for this week and next. rainey said the offense ran six plays the whole fau game. uab and uk couldn't have been much different, either.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yay Damiere Byrd can finally play this week. 4 game suspension is over. He instantly becomes the fastest player on our team. He was fantastic and uncoverable in summer workouts.

I'm just giddy to have a legit 4.3 type speed guy on the squad.
just be nice this weekend will ya.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote