Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-08-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lil Wayne is alrite, man. He's far too limited to be able to be called the best.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And yes, that comment was made with the intent to spark debate. He's pretty tight wit punchlines and stuff, but he ain't close to bein the best rapper alive like he claims.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What's with this Lil Wayne ****? He's alrite...that's it.

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoss84 View Post
"**** I Gotta Eat... Yeah, Even Though I Ate
It Ain't My Birthday But I Got My Name On the Cake"

"Niggas wanna eat cuz they ain't ate nothing
But niggas wanna leave when you say you out of mustard"

- Lil Wayne (best there is)
I'm sorry but these lyrics are pathetic. Lil Wayne is a club music rapper, nothing more.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
RMoss84

So bad to the bone X-rays cant even see this.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Nas is like, half-man half-amazing.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So bad to the bone X-rays cant even see this.
Binary Star is awesome.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
RMoss84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
I would say 1/8th amazing 4/8 mediocre 3/8 boring
Old 05-08-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Dr. Octagon is half shark alligator, half man.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

The best rap is behind us unfortunately. Tupac was the greatest no doubt about it.

Faithful Niner Fan
Old 05-08-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I would say you listen to LIL WAYNE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Roller View Post
The best rap is behind us unfortunately. Tupac was the greatest no doubt about it.
Arguable

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

I don't think Wayne is a club rapper, because he actually has talent unlike most rappers out of Atlanta with the snap music. I just don't think he uses his talents. He'd rather make shi***y music about his rims and his jewerly instead of talkin about real sh*t. You can listen to a whole Wayne mixtape and he'll devote about 4 bars to actual REAL life stuff. I listen to all his albums and mixtapes, but he has yet to show much progress.

If you want to hear a REAL mixtape, check out Joe Budden's Mood Muzik II. He talks about real sh*t most of the songs. Sure, they got a few where he talks about what he's got and his cars and stuff, but you don't feel like you're overwhelmed by it. It came out way back in December 05, but I ain't get on it til about a year later. I still can't stop listenin to it. He actually has songs where the verses go together to create a story. Most people nowadays don't have any storytelling skills. It's just one punch line after another.

Check out for "Broken Wings Freestyle", "Dumb Out", "Are You in the Mood Yet", "For A Reason", "Old School Mouse", "So Serious" and "Future"
Old 05-08-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Quote:
You're out of your mind man. Nas is the king. He's consistently put out the best music for over ten years and he's still makin classics. What rappers do YOU like if you think Nas is mediocre and boring?
Old 05-08-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ugh, I hate it when people say that like it's a fact. Tupac was good, he was very good, but honestly he's been overhyped because he died. Since he died when he was still putting out classics, some are obsessed with what could have been. It's a similar case with Jimi Hendrix who put out a lot of great music but went before his time. Since Tupac died at the top of his game very few bad things can be said about him. Eventually though all rappers start to decline, ie. NAS. Tupac didn't get the chance for that so many fans just ignorantly say he is the best. Honestly I can't pick the best, and I've listened to more rap than most. Tupac was very good, but he wasn't definitively better than other great rappers.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

A group that I've listened to a little that is different but pretty good is Choclair. I believe they are Canadien, so I'm sure there are some people on this board who have listened to their stuff.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Ugh, I hate it when people say that like it's a fact. Tupac was good, he was very good, but honestly he's been overhyped because he died. Since he died when he was still putting out classics, some are obsessed with what could have been. It's a similar case with Jimi Hendrix who put out a lot of great music but went before his time. Since Tupac died at the top of his game very few bad things can be said about him. Eventually though all rappers start to decline, ie. NAS. Tupac didn't get the chance for that so many fans just ignorantly say he is the best. Honestly I can't pick the best, and I've listened to more rap than most. Tupac was very good, but he wasn't definitively better than other great rappers.
I understand your POV but my statement isn't ignorant in any sense. I'm not one that says "Tupac's the best" after listening to Thugs Mansion a few times. His songs were were all different and meant something. Although I like BIG, all his songs are about weed, girls, and liqour. Compared to Tupac he's just got nice flow/rhymes. Tupac had a remarkable talent of flow + storytelling/meaning. Perfect example is "Brenda's Got a Baby". It has nice rhymes/flow, no repeat chorus over and over, and tells a depictive story. Plus he's got so many great songs.
I'm interested to hear who you think is better because I don't think there is any. Not saying it in a bad way, I just don't know anyone out there.

Faithful Niner Fan
Old 05-08-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I understand your POV but my statement isn't ignorant in any sense. I'm not one that says "Tupac's the best" after listening to Thugs Mansion a few times. His songs were were all different and meant something. Although I like BIG, all his songs are about weed, girls, and liqour. Compared to Tupac he's just got nice flow/rhymes. Tupac had a remarkable talent of flow + storytelling/meaning. Perfect example is "Brenda's Got a Baby". It has nice rhymes/flow, no repeat chorus over and over, and tells a depictive story. Plus he's got so many great songs.
I'm interested to hear who you think is better because I don't think there is any. Not saying it in a bad way, I just don't know anyone out there.
I've always thought Nas had more powerful lyrics and delivery, but there are plenty of rappers who I feel have better flows than Tupac. One Be Lo for example is fantastic.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

Quote:
I've always thought Nas had more powerful lyrics and delivery, but there are plenty of rappers who I feel have better flows than Tupac. One Be Lo for example is fantastic.
I agree Nas is a great rapper but I never heard of the other. I'll check it out.

Faithful Niner Fan
Old 05-08-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A group that I've listened to a little that is different but pretty good is Choclair. I believe they are Canadien, so I'm sure there are some people on this board who have listened to their stuff.
Canadien, they aren't French lol. It's Canadian.....

Many of you would like Toronto hip-hop acts, their music is usually boring but for the most part they're all intellectual rappers and underground dudes. I have negative bias towards them because they occupy 40% of the radio and their music is far from radio-friendly but they're not bad.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post

Many of you would like Toronto hip-hop acts, their music is usually boring but for the most part they're all intellectual rappers and underground dudes. I have negative bias towards them because they occupy 40% of the radio and their music is far from radio-friendly but they're not bad.
I like Toronto rap...

Point Blank :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PyF3E3aDZ8

Alias Donmillion :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmb2tCnRQbk

What are some other good acts?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ra The Rugged Man Whats The Lessson
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I like Toronto rap...

Point Blank :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PyF3E3aDZ8

Alias Donmillion :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmb2tCnRQbk

What are some other good acts?
I like Point Blank, but haven't listened to Donmillion, but what you posted isn't bad.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post

Ha my bad with the Canadien, I took a French AP test yesterday and I'm still trying to get that out of my head.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I like Point Blank, but haven't listened to Donmillion.
I don't know much about Donmillion. Just saw that music video on Much Music one night. Point Blank is sick. Born And Raised in the Ghetto is an awesome song and even better music video. Easily the best rap video out of Canada.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wayne has become so lazy. The enitre Drought was just rushed. Like dudes arrogance, but he is puttin out too much material right now...needs to save all of his creative juice for Carter 3.

I like way too many acts to name

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote