Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-08-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoss84 View Post
"**** I Gotta Eat... Yeah, Even Though I Ate
It Ain't My Birthday But I Got My Name On the Cake"

"Niggas wanna eat cuz they ain't ate nothing
But niggas wanna leave when you say you out of mustard"
- Lil Wayne (best there is)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoss84 View Post
That you snuff?
Snuff luv sum Weezy

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Roller View Post
I agree Nas is a great rapper but I never heard of the other. I'll check it out.
Listen to: The ghetto, back on the scene, evil of self, and one man army are all awesome songs. The ghetto is by far my favorite song by him, and one of my favorite rap songs period.

Also Apathy is good, but some of his stuff is depressing.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Snuff luv sum Weezy
Snuff just ate up all that mainstream stuff.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Onebelo is crazy....when is his next album coming out? SONOGRAM was DOPE!

he and Vakill are easily my favorite 2 underground rappers.

just want to say that Cassidy is the best free-style battle rapper out (well at least in the mainstream)

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post

he and Vakill are easily my favorite 2 underground rappers.

just want to say that Cassidy is the best free-style battle rapper out (well at least in the mainstream)
I really don't like Cassidy, best mainstream free-style battle rapper out there is Snoop Dogg. That's how he began, he tore people apart on the open mic, his main problem was creating a hook for songs which Dre helped him fix. Pretty funny since now one of the strong points for his songs are good hooks.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassidy can destroy a career (ask Freeway he will never be able to live it down)...his multi's are second to NONE and only Big L and Pun IMO could match the street drug level references along with battle raps.

Cas vs Freeway Part 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qzQc3fCPw...elated&search=

Cas vs Freeway Part 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8vvIq3pO3...elated&search=

Warning shots to Murda Mook
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pep_dd0fj...elated&search=

Freestyle
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SpdKGaETg...elated&search=

dude is incredible with the battle raps. I dont really like his albums, but I could bump his freestyles all day

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-08-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

I used to like Wayne.. but now he just writes nursery rhymes with cuss words..

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Wayne doesnt write anymore...

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-08-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free is terrible. Murda Mook is wack. Cassidy is decent.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

illmac and thesaurus would destroy them in a straight up face to face battle.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

decent?.......

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-08-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

They all talk about smoking, shooting, banging broads. Nothing to do with skills, nothing original, shits boring.
Quote:
Old 05-08-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

thats why I said best battle rapper in the MAINSTREAM. Underground wise, Saurus is a monster. Because you can tell EVERYTHING he says is straight off the top. He has zero flow, so i doubt he would ever ride a beat and make a song. But just straight up batteling, he is that dude.

Cass has the flow, multi, and charisma to be the best battle rapper in the mainstream

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-08-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Woops sorry, didn't see that word: MAINSTREAM.
Quote:
Old 05-08-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
They all talk about smoking, shooting, banging broads. Nothing to do with skills, nothing original, shits boring.
that is your opinion. If you like the whole coke/kilo freestyler than your cool with it if its GOOD. And Cass EASILY has the punchlines, wit, humor and killer instinct to make it interesting.

suprising to hear someone from VA down coke inspired raps. I guess you are not a Clipse fan

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-08-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I'm in boston now, sorry I was in VA for about 4 months. Haven't changed my location.
Sorry I'm from the school of thought that originality, FREESTYLING OF THE DOME is more talented that any pack the burners, put an 8 to your back like Aaron MCKie raps.
But some the lines Cass wrote for these freestyle battles are sick.
Quote:
Old 05-08-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

thats your opinion, and you are definately entitled to it

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-08-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
One.Be.Lo. is first releasing R.E.B.I.R.T.H. at his concert with Senim Silla (as Binary Star) at Blind Pig, in Michigan...Silla is dropping his new album there as well...but im not exactly sure when R.E.B.I.R.T.H. will be for sale to the masses...should be close to that date though
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

I thought Lo said he was threw with Binary Star and would not work with Silla anymore? he was saying this shortly after he released SONAGRAM

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-08-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

check out Cas @ 6:05

daaaaamn

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-09-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Cassidy can destroy a career (ask Freeway he will never be able to live it down)...his multi's are second to NONE and only Big L and Pun IMO could match the street drug level references along with battle raps.

Cas vs Freeway Part 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qzQc3fCPw...elated&search=

Cas vs Freeway Part 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8vvIq3pO3...elated&search=

Warning shots to Murda Mook
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pep_dd0fj...elated&search=

Freestyle
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SpdKGaETg...elated&search=

dude is incredible with the battle raps. I dont really like his albums, but I could bump his freestyles all day
I definitely think a lot of his "freestyles" are written, you can usually tell. The freestyle vid especially.

Anyway, who can't beat Freeway and Murda Mook in freestyle battles, they rap like they've got down syndrome. They are slow and their rhymes trail off.

Anyway if that is legit, there is a MASSIVE dropoff onto his cd's which just makes the whole thing seem improbable.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:15 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Ugh, I hate it when people say that like it's a fact. Tupac was good, he was very good, but honestly he's been overhyped because he died. Since he died when he was still putting out classics, some are obsessed with what could have been. It's a similar case with Jimi Hendrix who put out a lot of great music but went before his time. Since Tupac died at the top of his game very few bad things can be said about him. Eventually though all rappers start to decline, ie. NAS. Tupac didn't get the chance for that so many fans just ignorantly say he is the best. Honestly I can't pick the best, and I've listened to more rap than most. Tupac was very good, but he wasn't definitively better than other great rappers.
I feel what you're saying, because you're seeing the same thing with Mac Dre. I absolutely love Mac Dre, but I think he's overrated as a rapper. He was excellent at what he did (making funny as hell and ridiculously good party music), but that was about all he could do.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:26 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Cassidy is the best at punchlines and comin up with verses that don't really have to be about anything specific. His "freestyles" are dope.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:39 AM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I definitely think a lot of his "freestyles" are written, you can usually tell. The freestyle vid especially.

Anyway, who can't beat Freeway and Murda Mook in freestyle battles, they rap like they've got down syndrome. They are slow and their rhymes trail off.

Anyway if that is legit, there is a MASSIVE dropoff onto his cd's which just makes the whole thing seem improbable.
the point was not that beating Mook or Freeway was impressive, but his whole style clearly was. Dude is ill, and there arent many rappers in the mainstream (or top of the underground market) that could have touched those verses. And yeah, I think alot of them are written. That still does not stop them from being incredible. And its still very hard to rememeber 30 11-12 minute freestyles and spit them on the spot like Cas does on many occasions. If he sits down and writes all of the hundredes of freestyles he does, and they all are dope like that...(and still memorizes them)...then its still very impressive

Cas is dope when it comes to just spitting, but I hate his actual songs. He is a mixtape freestyle battle rapper (and Swiss Beats was the only reason he went Plat). His songs are average, but punchline wise, dude is a beast

"Ima hit em with the peace that can wake the deceased
I touch KEYS and move BASE like im makin a beat"

"stand on the roof like Santa Clause
and make em Die like Anna Ross"

I mean he has quotes for days...

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-23-2007, 07:43 AM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thought I'd try and rekindle this thread, given the main 2 posters snuff and jetsfuture have gone.

Has anyone heard of Klashnekoff?
He is probably the best artist from the UK (along with Sway) and is well worth a listen. I just got his album Lionheart:Tussle with the beast and its quality. Heres some of the album on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMHaikn187g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7r59hLkh0Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j16KH8tXm_8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egpz7hcKHLs
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote