Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,040
Reputation: 70982
703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Laron Landry

My friend and I were talkign about the draft and he says he has a feeling were gonna take Landry at 6. His reasoning was no lineman would start and if we dont take him ATL will now that they have the 8th. I dont think its a bad idea but I dont think it will happen either. THoughts?
__________________


Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pentagon City, VA
Posts: 22,876
Reputation: 520433
SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I mean value wise it wouldn't be a terrible pick as I love VFizzle but he is more suited in a backup role and special teams and Pearson is just off major surgery so you never know, and Landry with Sean Taylor would be scary. IMO Landry is a homerun pick much like Sean freakish speed for his size and terrorizing hitter, he would make Sean better and they would be the best safety duo in the league within 3 years, with that said I would still go D-line and to say that Adams, Anderson, or Carriker wouldn't start over Daniels, and that Okoye or Branch wouldn't start over Golston is foolish. At the end of the day we would probably go D-Line but I wouldn't be devastated if we took Landry actually he is who I want us to take as a fan but as a smart football move we will go D-line or we could always trade the pick for Trent Green.
__________________

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: MD/DC
Posts: 2,944
Reputation: 4061
skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.
Default

I'd like to see us trade down a few picks then try to get him. Not sure if he is a 6th round pick, but he is nice.
__________________
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,040
Reputation: 70982
703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
I mean value wise it wouldn't be a terrible pick as I love VFizzle but he is more suited in a backup role and special teams and Pearson is just off major surgery so you never know, and Landry with Sean Taylor would be scary. IMO Landry is a homerun pick much like Sean freakish speed for his size and terrorizing hitter, he would make Sean better and they would be the best safety duo in the league within 3 years, with that said I would still go D-line and to say that Adams, Anderson, or Carriker wouldn't start over Daniels, and that Okoye or Branch wouldn't start over Golston is foolish. At the end of the day we would probably go D-Line but I wouldn't be devastated if we took Landry actually he is who I want us to take as a fan but as a smart football move we will go D-line or we could always trade the pick for Trent Green.
i see what your saying but i dount any dlineman will start, significant time and line shifts, but wont start....nfl is a lot harder than college if anyone would have a chance itd be branch.....trading our pick for trent green sounds like a redskins move, mark brunell 2.0
__________________


Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Lynn Swan of SWDC Hall of Fame
Posts: 18,271
Reputation: 210983
Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

In a division that prioritizes "match-up" Tight Ends, and Running Backs, having two versatile safeties would be a great thing to have. Not to mention; they would allow Gregg Williams to mix up coverages.

Though, I would like to mention. Mel Kiper thinks Washington will want to move down, and Atlanta will want to move up to ensure that Laron Landry is theirs. Adam Schefter reported that other top-10 picks think Atlanta is "enamored" with Landry. So I could see a situation like our forum mock, where Atlanta trades it's 75th pick (215 points) for the move up.
__________________

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pentagon City, VA
Posts: 22,876
Reputation: 520433
SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
In a division that prioritizes "match-up" Tight Ends, and Running Backs, having two versatile safeties would be a great thing to have. Not to mention; they would allow Gregg Williams to mix up coverages.

Though, I would like to mention. Mel Kiper thinks Washington will want to move down, and Atlanta will want to move up to ensure that Laron Landry is theirs. Adam Schefter reported that other top-10 picks think Atlanta is "enamored" with Landry. So I could see a situation like our forum mock, where Atlanta trades it's 75th pick (215 points) for the move up.
Loved that trade by the way, got to do the same Asante Samuel trade and pick up a 3rd rounder, of course the real skins would never do something that smart.
__________________

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: MD/DC
Posts: 2,944
Reputation: 4061
skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.
Default

I don't think we have that much interest in Landry anymore. The FO was just hardballing it with Atlanta to try and draw some sort of trade. If Quinn falls to us, we gotta be like the psycho management we are. Start looking for the Dolphins and maybe draw a higher value pick out of the Falcons if they want Landry that bad, cause I don't think he would make it past the Vikings if we traded down with the Phins.

Our FO needs to learn how to hardball.
__________________
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
LikeWaterForChocolate
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

While the front office may be in love with Landry could it be we may be trying to increase our chances of trading down considering the teams behind us, MINN, ATL seem to be teams that really want Landry. Either way he wouldnt be a bad pick but I think addressing DLINE should be our #1 priority and Okoye has to be the man. Griffins always hurt, Golston is promising but young, we really need some youth and talent there, considering the way we got run over, through, and around I dont think we can afford to not go DLINE.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:49 AM    (permalink
boisefan
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 307
Reputation: 216
boisefan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeWaterForChocolate View Post
While the front office may be in love with Landry could it be we may be trying to increase our chances of trading down considering the teams behind us, MINN, ATL seem to be teams that really want Landry. Either way he wouldnt be a bad pick but I think addressing DLINE should be our #1 priority and Okoye has to be the man. Griffins always hurt, Golston is promising but young, we really need some youth and talent there, considering the way we got run over, through, and around I dont think we can afford to not go DLINE.
I agree, we need DL badly, unless we want to get ran over this year...
boisefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.