Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 08-02-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hines what did you hear on your end about Carroo's visit? Everyone had him as a heavy Rutgers lean but the PSU visit caught a lot of people by surpise. I still think he ends up with us on Saturday but still curious.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Hines what did you hear on your end about Carroo's visit? Everyone had him as a heavy Rutgers lean but the PSU visit caught a lot of people by surpise. I still think he ends up with us on Saturday but still curious.
Haven't seen an update on him though. From what I have read, he will have PSU in his final 5.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
I'll trade a 5* QB for a 4* WR any day as #1 QB Jameis Winston is expected to commit to FSU tomorrow. Just hoping it isn't Joe Mauer 2.0.
the decision was never black OR winston, though. it was black and winston or just winston.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4* Simeon HS, IL OT Jordan Diamond just visited Iowa this weekend.

Last night/this morning, 3* Simeon HS, IL QB/ATH Robert Gregory received a scholarship offer from Iowa.

Our only QB offer was to Kiel, and Ferentz likes to take 1 QB per class. Looks like that spot is now Gregory's if he wants it and is intent on playing QB.

Also, 4* MN WR Andre McDonald has decommited from Minnesota and is looking at OSU, Iowa, and Vanderbilt.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 08-03-2011 at 10:35 AM.
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gregory was also recently offered by Arkansas. He was looking very much like a Minnesota commit (to play receiver or DB since we already have two QBs in this class), not sure now.

I think we're still the favorites for McDonald based on his comments and others, but if not I'm still pretty sure he's a Buckeye, it's the whole reason he decommitted in the first place, because he grew up a Buckeye fan.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Gregory was also recently offered by Arkansas. He was looking very much like a Minnesota commit (to play receiver or DB since we already have two QBs in this class), not sure now.

I think we're still the favorites for McDonald based on his comments and others, but if not I'm still pretty sure he's a Buckeye, it's the whole reason he decommitted in the first place, because he grew up a Buckeye fan.
Yup, I just read this morning that it is believed that Arkansas is his leader. I also read that he wants to wait until after his senior year to decide, whereas Diamond has said he will choose soon. So it looks like it doesn't matter that we offered anyway.

I agree on McDonald. I feel like he's going to wait and OSU will eventually offer. But hopefully we can keep Darboh instate and it all becomes moot.

How's it looking for Will Johnson? Not much has been said about him and Iowa in a while, and just reading some stuff is he might be leaning toward Minnesota now. He's a big kid and would be a great addition at either TE or OT.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 08-03-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSU already offered. That's why he decommitted, so he could check them out.

I think Minnesota is favored for Johnson, but he also really likes Ole Miss (position coach or something). I think the lack of job security for Houston Nutt will keep him from going there, but I dunno. I'm surprised Auburn hasn't garnered more favor since he was born in the South.

I also don't think Johnson could add the frame for him to play tackle. Wisconsin asked him if he wanted an offer to play tackle and he said no.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jameis Winston to FSU is official
Old 08-03-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jimbo Fisher express keeps on chuggin'. Get on the train or get run over by it.

Chooo chooo!
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And we reportedly lead for Eddie Goldman, who will be making at least one more trip to FSU and bonded with Mario Edwards Jr.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And we reportedly lead for Eddie Goldman, who will be making at least one more trip to FSU and bonded with Mario Edwards Jr.
He also bonded with Justin Shanks a lot as well. Goldman said that he wants to play with Shanks in college.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
He also bonded with Justin Shanks a lot as well. Goldman said that he wants to play with Shanks in college.
Florida State is looking a lot like the Philadelphia Eagles in College. Just getting all this talent is Crazy.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

rumors that de leonard williams could commit to fsu very soon. which would suck, except it could very likely be the last straw in fowler sr.'s relationship with fsu. obviously that would mean junior is back on the market
Old 08-03-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
mat33
Rookie

mat33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sheldon Day to Notre Dame, pretty solid pick up
mat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bolingbrook, IL LB Tank Morrison to UF, allegedly. (per his HS facebook)

Squatting 600lbs. FREAK! LINK

Per GatorCountry LINK

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 08-04-2011 at 01:05 AM.
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:00 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

dj humphries will commit friday, jordan jenkins should not too long after. good little run for UF. i'm excited to see what muschamp gets from these guys, because he's clearly going after some under the radar(ish) guys that he must see something special in.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
OSU already offered. That's why he decommitted, so he could check them out.

I think Minnesota is favored for Johnson, but he also really likes Ole Miss (position coach or something). I think the lack of job security for Houston Nutt will keep him from going there, but I dunno. I'm surprised Auburn hasn't garnered more favor since he was born in the South.

I also don't think Johnson could add the frame for him to play tackle. Wisconsin asked him if he wanted an offer to play tackle and he said no.
auburn was hot after him until they picked up a commit from te ricky parks. now theyre done at the position.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:06 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
dj humphries will commit friday, jordan jenkins should not too long after. good little run for UF. i'm excited to see what muschamp gets from these guys, because he's clearly going after some under the radar(ish) guys that he must see something special in.
I expect this kid to get a decent bump. He reportedly had alot of Major programs offer. So we shall see how long he stays under the radar. :)

Dunker and Humpries would be so sexy as bookends.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:43 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
rumors that de leonard williams could commit to fsu very soon. which would suck, except it could very likely be the last straw in fowler sr.'s relationship with fsu. obviously that would mean junior is back on the market
Why do you assume the Fowlers don't know FSU is recruiting this kid? You can keep hoping but Dante is all Nole.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:03 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Why do you assume the Fowlers don't know FSU is recruiting this kid? You can keep hoping but Dante is all Nole.
i'm sure they know, but dante fowler sr. was told that his son was the only de they'd take. i'm just telling you that there's a good chance **** hits the fan if leonard williams commits to you guys. btw, i don't even know if fowler would go to uf in this scenario. but if the info is right (and this comes from an fsu guy), he definitely will not be a nole.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
Bolingbrook, IL LB Tank Morrison to UF, allegedly. (per his HS facebook)

Squatting 600lbs. FREAK! LINK

Per GatorCountry LINK
Hopefully he turns out better than the last great Bolingbrook LB...

http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nat...usher-kyl.html

No but seriously, great pickup. Kid is definitely a freak.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 08-04-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
BrettFavresMember
Rookie

BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember

I think Kill is going to have win quite a few games to keep those kids.

Iowa has a shot for a great class, mostly Illinois kids.
BrettFavresMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,5677877.story

ND and Michigan pull their offers from top IL prospect DT Tommy Schutt. It sounds like they were his top 2. Now, he's "going back to square one."

Hopefully he reconsiders Iowa this time and talks to former teammate Jordan Walsh. But I thought I read he was pretty high on PSU the first time around as well.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 08-05-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,5677877.story

ND and Michigan pull their offers from top IL prospect DT Tommy Schutt. It sounds like they were his top 2. Now, he's "going back to square one."

Hopefully he reconsiders Iowa this time and talks to former teammate Jordan Walsh. But I thought I read he was pretty high on PSU the first time around as well.
Yeah I wouldn't mind it if he considers PSU again. Add him and Jaron Jones again and I'd be happy. Sprinkle in Noah Spence and I'd have boners for days.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

That's really surprising. I know that Michigan has 22 commits already, but Schutt seems like a kid you'd make room for, especially considering they only have one DT commit.

I'm guessing the Sheldon Day commit took Notre Dame out of it, but that still seems a bit foolish.