Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-05-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So kids, remember not to upset the Madhatter.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
gators told 2 very good wide receiver recruits (Taj Williams, Reggie Davis) that they have to wait to commit today. can only hope this means good things about Stefon Diggs.

also, Fowler apparently told our coaches he had flipped several weeks ago. kept the noles in the dark to avoid being bothered.
Not really news or anything... but the guy has 3 pics of himself in an OSU uniform on twitter 2 in an Auburn uni and only 1 in a FU uni

By picture metrics we are winning :P

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Farrell @rivalsmike
Right now I would say #Florida and #Maryland have best shot at Diggs. #OhioState trailing. #Auburn longshot.

this shouldn't be news to anyone but Buckeye fans
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Waits for he is getting paid to go to Florida accusations.

If I was Devonte Neal(that his name right), I wouldn't go to Ohio State.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post

Did you graduate from college? Also, are you typing with your schlong?

Last edited by JoeJoeBrown : 02-08-2012 at 01:31 PM.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post

Neal doesn't have much choice now considering they refused his commitment. He was caught doing something quite rash on his in-home visit and they pulled his offer.

And as far as the "getting paid" accusation, if you are referring to what is apparently true about Jordan Diamond......Diamond wasn't even being recruited by Ohio State for the past months, it's not like it's sour grapes that we didn't get him (we got Decker and Dodson, we did fine at OT), it's just pointing out how dirty the SEC is. If anyone should have sour grapes over Diamond it's Michigan fans.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Farrell @rivalsmike
Right now I would say #Florida and #Maryland have best shot at Diggs. #OhioState trailing. #Auburn longshot.

The jersey pitch is working!!!!!!!
gator3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Farrell @rivalsmike

I think the dude already knows where he's going. Seems to by some of the posts that he is making on his twitter, he's just not announcing it until Friday.

So the idea that anyone is trailing, a long shot, or that two have good shots is all fodder.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-08-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and by all accounts he is keeping his recruitment very close to the vest, and all the "experts" have been purely guessing on as to where he ends up. I've heard a ton of Ohio State, Florida, Maryland, and even a little Auburn mixed in in the predicitons...it's quite comical.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a UMD fan, I'll give you my opinion on the Diggs recruitment (this does not mean I think we will get him, just what would attract him here)

1. Family/Location: Hometown kid, his Mother LOVES Randy Edsall (da **** she thinking?) If his family has a say in his recruiting it seems UMD is there choice. Remember his mother was NOT present at tOSU visit. Who wouuldn't want to play in front of their family and friends, he'd be a superstar at UMD where as at OSU, or UF he'd just be another player

2. Friends: Diggs' best friend is 4* RB commit Wes Brown and early in their recruitment they OPENLY said they'd probably come as a package deal, now things change quickly in the life of a teenager but that could still be a factor. Not to mention we got commits from his former QB and now S Zach Dancell, and from current teammate and 4* OL recruit Mike Madaras.

3. Playing time: Diggs will be a star from day one at Maryland and now it's being rumored that the number of players OSU has brought in is concerning to Diggs.

4. Pro future: We might not produce the number of pros that OSU or Florida do, but I'm sure Torrey Smith and DHB show Stefon that UMD does produce studs at the next level

5. Mike Locksley: This might be the most important, the dude is a recruiting savant in the DMV and he has STRONG ties to the Diggs family and the good counsel program, this is what I think will be the deciding factor that would give UMD the edge.

Now those are just the positives obviously there are negatives such as UMD being awful last year, not being a very prestigious program in general, as well as the possible transferring of Danny O'Brien which is being heavily rumored on twitter right now.

I guess we will all know Friday night, they are airing it on local tv here, I don't want to jinx it by guessing but I really feel like this might be the perfect storm for UMD to land Diggs. My gut tells me he goes the UF route but I guess we will see.

Last edited by ccB : 02-08-2012 at 05:45 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you can believe OSU is in it if you want, but their lead was a fabrication of some nbc anchor making a unsubstantiated prediction and the Buckeye hype surrounding Meyer. he was in Columbus for less than 24 hours (and his mom actually was present, fwiw - there are pics of him with her there).

as for UF vs Maryland...

don't underestimate the role of Jelani Jenkins' family in this whole thing. his mom visited with Diggs' mom and they have a pretty good friendship. she sort of played a role in convincing her that it's more than realistic to still watch him play if he's in Florida. his family has visited several times, they love Muschamp and Aubrey Hill, etc. the whole staying close to home thing and being a hometown hero is what really worries me, because of this kid's ego. in the end, though, he's got a better chance for a long term spotlight at Florida.

if I'm guessing:
1. Florida (60-70% chance)
2. Maryland (20-25% chance)
3. Ohio St. (10-15% chance)
4. Auburn (>1% chance)
Old 02-08-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you can believe OSU is in it if you want, but their lead was a fabrication of some nbc anchor making a unsubstantiated prediction and the Buckeye hype surrounding Meyer. he was in Columbus for less than 24 hours (and his mom actually was present, fwiw - there are pics of him with her there).

as for UF vs Maryland...

don't underestimate the role of Jelani Jenkins' family in this whole thing. his mom visited with Diggs' mom and they have a pretty good friendship. she sort of played a role in convincing her that it's more than realistic to still watch him play if he's in Florida. his family has visited several times, they love Muschamp and Aubrey Hill, etc. the whole staying close to home thing and being a hometown hero is what really worries me, because of this kid's ego. in the end, though, he's got a better chance for a long term spotlight at Florida.

if I'm guessing:
4. Auburn (>1% chance)
Considering that none of us know the kid or what's going on in his head, this sounds like a great swag at the numbers.

The kid kind of freaks me out, since the last time someone waited this long to announce, it was Pryor, who managed to bring a lot of pain with his antics to OSU.

Not sure if you can contain a diva like this. On the other hand, he looks like he can be a special football player. You have to take the good with the bad, just kinda freaks me out.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's been leaning to UF for a while and a UF guy I trust is still picking UF. And IMO he's the best player in the country. He's a 5* RB, WR and DB. His senior tape is insane.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Pretty much every bit of news released about this kids decision is unsubstantiated. The kid isn't releasing any details or hints really.

Quote:
if I'm guessing:
4. Auburn (>1% chance)
Thats weird... a UF Fan thinking that UF has the best chance?

I'm not trying to say the kid is a lock to OSU or anything like that. I'm saying NO ONE really has a good read on this kid and we will find out Friday.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-09-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

It's hilarious looking at all the "insider" intel and predictions for this kid. They are all over the place. I've heard so many picks for Florida and Ohio State by different reputal sources over the past few days, and then there are some like the Washington Post who's "sources" say he is expected to sign with Maryland, and they're not the only ones. The truth is these people are all guessing, or at least their sources are guessing...b/c Diggs is really playing it tight and so far he hasn't let it leak out. Insiders are resorting to finding out his phone records from the past week to see who he's been talking to. No one knows what this kid is gonna do Friday, OSU, UF, and MD's staffs all feel good, but none know if they're getting him yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post

3. Playing time: Diggs will be a star from day one at Maryland and now it's being rumored that the number of players OSU has brought in is concerning to Diggs.
see i saw this rumor posted on twitter by someone also, and it reaaaaaaally doesn't make sense at all. The number of players we brought in????? really? We still have room to sign one more player this year, we are currently at 81 scholarship players without Diggs and would be at our limit of 82 with his LOI. We signed 3 WRs this year, but none are rated in the top 100 (Diggs is top 10 nationally) and none play his position (all 3 are outside receivers), AND Diggs will start right away as our slot receiver and kick returner at Ohio State, there are no other players on our roster like him.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Read into it what you will:

tweeted 4 hours ago

Quote:
Floridas hot I love weather and people ...Umd hometown ... Ohio state great place.. auburn a family

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-09-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just read an article saying he is expected to pick Maryland.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe nothing right now, even if UMD is the hottest rumor at the moment. He hasn't contacted anyone since Tuesday, so all these rumors are second hand. Apparently the staff at his HS are the ones saying it's going to be UMD.

All along I've felt we make the most sense, but Floridas always been my gut prediction. OSU is the real wild card, all the rumors about them range from "he doesn't like the cold, doesn't like the idea of missing a bowl game, and doesn't like that he'd be a big fish in an equally big pound" but then you get another that makes it seem like he's a lock to sign there.

I really think Auburn is out of it until I think maybe he's just ******* around, leaks rumors to every school, except the one he actually plans to attend.

I guess we will all know tomorrow...

Last edited by ccB : 02-09-2012 at 08:47 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

this one makes me skeptical about MD... could be talking about people who'll get pissed if he doesn't go hometown. I still say it's between Gators and Terps

Teamdiggssssdsss @Marseanbaybee
I'll never forget . You gotta do was best for you and the people that don't really support you will fall to the waist side.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahaha fall to the waist side. Excellent.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
hahaha fall to the waist side. Excellent.
read the rest of his tweets... unbelievable
Old 02-09-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Kid might be illiterate but he has SKILLLZZZ.

Also I don't know how I feel about a Heat fan going to OSU :P

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-10-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

well now there is this

Quote:
kristen kenney @kristenkenney Close
Diggs is announcing at the Looneys in college park tomorrow at 6pm
Gonna be terribly awkward if he picks anything but UMD haha
Old 02-10-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
well now there is this

Yea, looking awfully Terpy right about now
Old 02-10-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
well now there is this

That would be cool if he stayed home and played for UMD.