Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-10-2012, 02:03 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, now...

Teamdiggssssdsss @Marseanbaybee (28 minutes ago)
Just had a dream I was in the swamp time to go back to sleep .

the things this kid is doing are just cruel
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@marseanbaybee
Quote:
Just had a dream I was in the swamp time to go back to sleep
hmmmmmmm interesting either this kid is going to UF or he is just really hamming it up

EDIT: My bad didn't see that SBH had already posted this

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.

Last edited by Sloopy : 02-10-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just some updates...

Quote:
Contrary to what you hear I have not made a decision . A lot of people going be mad at me . But oh we'll gotta make the best decision for me
Claiming he hasn't made a decision yet.

Quote:
Even my own city might be mad at me .
Could be a false trail (if he has been hamming it up this entire time) but it looks like hometown is out

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-10-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

9 times out of 10, when a recruit says he's gonna shock the world makes it seem like he's not gonna go where he's expected - he ends up picking the team he's expected to pick.

Announcing on campus at College Park in a place packed full of Maryland fans, gee I wonder who he's gonna pick.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
9 times out of 10, when a recruit says he's gonna shock the world makes it seem like he's not gonna go where he's expected - he ends up picking the team he's expected to pick.

Announcing on campus at College Park in a place packed full of Maryland fans, gee I wonder who he's gonna pick.
Could be, I have my doubts though as he keeps hinting that people will be mad at him especially in regards to his hometown.

Obviously the hometown fans would be mad at him if he left but I doubt he cares if Auburn fans hate him for example or even Ohio State fans. Might care about Florida (doesn't he have family there or something?)

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-10-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's just blowing smoke to build uncertainty. happens all the time. christian bryant was a buckeye lock and everyone knew it all year in 2010. he waited to announce in january like all glenville kids do, and tweeted that he was gonna shock people and surprise with his decision...then picked ohio state. that's just one case, it happens with most recruits just like that every year.

diggs has been playing the game for a while, he's had the media completely guessing the past couple weeks and a good 2/3 of them will have been wrong in the end b/c the kid is just having fun with the process as is typical with a lot of high profile recruits.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've read that while he's still probably a UMD lean, the Looney's thing isn't a giveaway. apparently it's a pretty popular spot in the area and it's 5-10 minutes from his house.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's gonna sign with UMD, all those tweets are to keep the suspense built. He didn't wait this long for everyone to already know where he was going, he's having fun with it, but the writings on the wall guys, he's going to be a Terp.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
He's gonna sign with UMD, all those tweets are to keep the suspense built. He didn't wait this long for everyone to already know where he was going, he's having fun with it, but the writings on the wall guys, he's going to be a Terp.
And someday, if he's lucky, he might just be able to bask in the glory of this:

JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dressed in a sharp black suit accented by a Maryland-red tie,17-year-old Antonio Logan-El sat before a television camera yesterday at ESPN Zone in Baltimore, surrounded by Maryland football fans waving red pompoms and holding Terps signs. Highlights of his football games at Forestville High School in Prince George's County flashed on a giant screen behind him as the top offensive lineman in the state turned his college commitment into prime-time entertainment.

Logan-El first pulled a Florida cap out of a bag before declaring it wasn't the school for him and tossing it aside.Then he held up a Tennessee cap, said a few words and threw it aside.Finally, the senior got to the Maryland cap, said a few nice words about the program he originally committed to as a sophomore and then dropped it on the floor.
And so went the jaws of the Maryland fans.

Logan-El then held up a picture of him and Penn State coach Joe Paterno and committed to playing for the Nittany Lions."TRAI-TOR!" one fan yelled from the back of the room.
"HA-TER!" Logan-El's mom yelled back.

Suddenly the "WE ARE ... PENN STATE" chant broke out from a surprising number of Nittany Lions fans who had discreetly mixed in among the standing-room-only Terps crowd.

Penn State has now lured seven of the top 11 players in Maryland to Happy Valley. Four-star defensive tackle Phillip Taylor from Gwynn Park High also gave an oral commitment to the Nittany Lions yesterday -albeit without a national audience.

"It was very hard, but I had to do what was best for me," said Logan-El, who is rated a four-star recruit and the top offensive lineman in the state by rivals.com. Logan-El said he didn't hear the fan call him a traitor, but said, "It shows you why Penn State was the best decision for me."

NCAA rules prevented coaches from either team from being at the restaurant during Logan-El's actual announcement, but after it was over, two assistants from Penn State's staff joined him and his family, including Larry Johnson, who recruited the 6-foot-4 guard.Offensive line coach Dick Anderson was also there.

Friedgen's wife, Gloria, was seated with a close friend of the family in a large center booth and on her cell phone through the entire announcement. As soon as Logan-El's broadcast was finished, she grabbed her coat and they were out the door.
It could happen
Old 02-10-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
It could happen
That was in Baltimore at the ESPNZone though, (over an hour away from College Park) Logan El is from Maryland, so of course he was going to comitt somewhere in Maryland, huge difference between that and doing it ON campus. He's from PG County, which is close to UMD, but he went an hour away to Baltimore to comitt because he's not stupid enough to pull something like that on campus.

Last edited by ccB : 02-10-2012 at 02:54 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
That was in Baltimore at the ESPNZone though, (over an hour away from College Park) Logan El is from Maryland, so of course he was going to comitt somewhere in Maryland, huge difference between that and doing it ON campus.
At this point I'm over who he picks (that is a lie). I just want things to get as trolly as possible
Old 02-10-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Take it for what its worth, but I have it on good word (out of the GC program) that Diggs texted Locksley this morning that he will be a Terp.

Like I said, take it for what it's worth (I want to believe it but can't yet) but this is coming from someone inside the GC program.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Take it for what its worth, but I have it on good word (out of the GC program) that Diggs texted Locksley this morning that he will be a Terp.

Like I said, take it for what it's worth (I want to believe it but can't yet) but this is coming from someone inside the GC program.
watch him eliminate Maryland about mid-way through to see how many people he can piss off, only to pull a new Maryland hat/gear out of nowhere and commit at the end.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Anyone know if this will be aired anywhere other than maryland?

It's going to be at 6:00 right?

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-10-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
Anyone know if this will be aired anywhere other than maryland?

It's going to be at 6:00 right?
ESPNU probably.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the "event" is going to last from 6 to 9 and he'll announce towards the end. O_O

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Apparently the "event" is going to last from 6 to 9 and he'll announce towards the end. O_O
No way...

Scratch that...

This illiterate attention ***** can go to Maryland, UF, or Auburn for all I care. I don't want him at OSU

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-10-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea he could slap my mom in the face and I'd still beg him to come to UM. And I'm sure you'll jump for joy if he chooses OSU.

Ridiculous.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I would obviously love the talent but it seems like he's already turning into a diva, something we don't really need at this moment in time at OSU... or for you at UM for that matter :P

Will I be mad if he signs with us? No. Will I care if he goes somewhere else? No, I would have to look at the bright side that we don't really need that kind of ego

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-10-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I would obviously love the talent but it seems like he's already turning into a diva, something we don't really need at this moment in time at OSU... or for you at UM for that matter :P

Will I be mad if he signs with us? No. Will I care if he goes somewhere else? No, I would have to look at the bright side that we don't really need that kind of ego
Wait a second, so when he separated himself from the the rest of his recruting class to comitt after signing day, you didn't think none of that was because he wanted the spotlight on him? or didn't care because you still had hope he'd sign with OSU then?
Old 02-10-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Wait a second, so when he separated himself from the the rest of his recruting class to comitt after signing day, you didn't think none of that was because he wanted the spotlight on him? or didn't care because you still had hope he'd sign with OSU then?
Diggs sucks, bro. where you been? this kid is gonna bust when he picks the terriblepins

/angry fan
Old 02-10-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I don't begrudge anyone not wanting to sign on national signing day, especially if his claims that he hasn't made up his mind are true ( no one should sign if they aren't sure)

but regardless of how talented he is... no high school kid should have a 3 hour special.

Maybe I'm just bitter from "the decision" but I think all this just speaks a lot to him as a person. Just my opinion

We will take Neal and be happy :)

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 02-10-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't begrudge anyone not wanting to sign on national signing day, especially if his claims that he hasn't made up his mind are true ( no one should sign if they aren't sure)

but regardless of how talented he is... no high school kid should have a 3 hour special.

Maybe I'm just bitter from "the decision" but I think all this just speaks a lot to him as a person. Just my opinion

We will take Neal and be happy :)
He's not having a 3 hour special you loser, the place he's doing it from, is opening at 6 for the festivities, he's not expected to get their til later, and has some kind of banquet later, so it will occcur between 6-9. Not like he's gonna sit up there 3 hours talking about himself. Stop being an armchair psychoanalyst you weirdo, you'd be happy if you got him, even if he killed small animals in his spare time.

Last edited by ccB : 02-10-2012 at 06:19 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
He's not having a 3 hour special you loser, the place he's doing it from, is opening at 6 for the festivities, he's not expected to get their til later, and has some kind of banquet later, so it will occcur between 6-9. Not like he's gonna sit up there 3 hours talking about himself.
I'd do it. Just for the trollol's