Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-27-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JPP can rotate with Kiwi. Kiwi should get more snaps on the line. I say play Tuck very sparingly just to get his feet wet.

In other news, Travis Beckum still feels that hes one big play away from having a key role with the Giants. Lulz.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am sure Barden feels the same thing. If he can do it in the slot, then who knows.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...tball?skill=OF

Quote:
Steve Smith - WR - Eagles

Adam Schefter revealed on the ESPN Football Today podcast that Eagles WR Steve Smith and DE Juqua Parker as well as Colts DE Jerry Hughes were shopped at the trade deadline.
Smith will collect $2 million guaranteed as the Eagles' fourth receiver this season. Jason Avant is signed through 2014, so Smith will almost certainly be playing elsewhere in 2012. Parker landed in the doghouse after an egregious offsides penalty against the Bills. Hughes has a been bust since being drafted at the end of the first round last year.

Steve Smith's twitter

Quote:
This was obviously not an easy decision for me or something i ever expected but unfortunately the business aspect proved that the eagles wanted me to be part of their organization MUCH more than the Giants did..

They wanted you so much more steve they tried shopping arse! Hahaha!
Old 10-28-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prince was ruled out on Sunday even though he's been fully practicing. I'd have liked to see him get snaps against an "eaiser" team before throwing him into the fire against the like of the Pats, Packers, and Saints.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I am sure Barden feels the same thing. If he can do it in the slot, then who knows.
To be fair the last time we saw Barden on the field he was in the middle of having an impressive game as part of the game plan. Beckum's been healthy and doesn't play a position we regularly utilize. So at least with Barden he could be one game away from making us no longer dependent on Mario. Nicks and Barden on the outside with Cruz in the slot and Mario in for big plays would tear teams up if they all stayed healthy and kept growing/learning. That however has been the issue with Barden, he's yet to stay healthy enough to be a significant cog in our passing game.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would LOVE to see a David Carr to Ramses Barden TD on Sunday.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When barden finally gets back I'll just be excited if we use him in the Green Zone at first. The only thing I worry about is Gilbride becoming to pass happy with all the players now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-28-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
When barden finally gets back I'll just be excited if we use him in the Green Zone at first. The only thing I worry about is Gilbride becoming to pass happy with all the players now.
Good! Let him! I am tired of seeing every other QB throw the ball, and get props. 3 times in the red zone and we padded damn bradshaw's stats. Meanwhile Brees in the redzone, is... throwing! 5 damn TD passes! 5! I want a system where we can win, and not stall out AND pad Eli's stats. What the hell is hard with that? Week after week I see Qbs with 1 yard TD passes and so on. Same with Sanchez to Burress.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...tball?skill=OF

Steve Smith's twitter

They wanted you so much more steve they tried shopping arse! Hahaha!
Leave my Stevey alone. I still <3 him.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Dude, Beckum just sucks. It's not even an issue with him not fitting in our offense, the dude just sucks.

You can throw him in any system and he'd suck it in. When you catch a 2 yard pass like it was a 50 ton atom bomb and roll on the floor, you just suck.

Softest player I've seen in a long long time.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Leave my Stevey alone. I still <3 him.
Booooooooooooooo! Booooo! It would have been funny if he got traded. Then his twitter account would have lit up based on that original quote. Poor guy seems depressed. Not on any social media sites any more. If he really wants to come back, he should tell his agent. The agent WORKS FOR SMITH! Not, the other way around!
Old 10-28-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude, Beckum just sucks. It's not even an issue with him not fitting in our offense, the dude just sucks.

You can throw him in any system and he'd suck it in. When you catch a 2 yard pass like it was a 50 ton atom bomb and roll on the floor, you just suck.

Softest player I've seen in a long long time.
Oh I wasn't disagreeing with that at all. I was just trying to point out that Barden's different from Beckum because he was at least good when on the field and if he's beasting fits this team. Even if Beckum was playing great he wouldn't be a great fit for our offense the way Hernandez is for the Pats, whereas if Barden picks up where he left off in the Dallas game he'll be in our top 3 receivers with Nicks and Cruz within a couple weeks.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think we're overreacting to that Dallas game. Yes, he flashed, but dude caught like 3 passes for 30 yards.

Hardly enough to declare him as our 3rd best receiver when healthy. Let's temper expectations a bit, we are way overreacting to the Dallas game.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I think the flashing part is what you want to see if you are a coach. Does that ability and learned knowledge translate to the field. When or IF it does, you want to see more of it. Beckum for example, hasn't flashed. So expectations are much lower! In fact, when he had a chance to make a key play on 4th down he acted as if Eli throw a 50 ton football at him.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Gilbride had some good things to say about Barden in that game also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-29-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Guys, this snow might be an advantage for Miami. They are a much better running team than us and we struggle vs the run. Plus wet ball and Eli behind an oline thats still making mistakes makes me nervous.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Guys, this snow might be an advantage for Miami. They are a much better running team than us and we struggle vs the run. Plus wet ball and Eli behind an oline thats still making mistakes makes me nervous.
Did I miss something and we're playing today? It's going to be sunny and dry tomorrow. Also, even if it were raining I don't think giving Reggie Bush the ball 25 times to run is something they would ever do or ever work against us.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-29-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Did I miss something and we're playing today? It's going to be sunny and dry tomorrow. Also, even if it were raining I don't think giving Reggie Bush the ball 25 times to run is something they would ever do or ever work against us.
Isn't it snowing tomorrow too? Even if it is sunny, I think we would still have a wet field. And it's Daniel Thomas I'm worried about.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Isn't it snowing tomorrow too? Even if it is sunny, I think we would still have a wet field. And it's Daniel Thomas I'm worried about.
Thomas is listed as doubtful and may not even play. All the weather forecasts as of right now say 45 and sunny. The turf dries out quick I believe so I'm not concerned by it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-29-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else going to the game tomorrow?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I might idk yet.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I'll be there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-29-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Daniel Thomas is doubtful? *adjusts fantasy lineup*
Old 10-29-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Daniel Thomas is doubtful? *adjusts fantasy lineup*
I'm sorry he was questionable.

Here's the injury report.

Out
CB Prince Amukamara Foot (LP)

Doubtful
FB Henry Hynoski Neck (DNP)

Questionable
T Stacy Andrews Back (DNP)
DE Justin Tuck Groin/Neck (LP)

Probable
LB Michael Boley Knee (LP)
RB Brandon Jacobs Knee (LP)
G Chris Snee Concussion (FP)
DE Osi Umenyiora Knee (LP)

Out
None

Doubtful
CB Vontae Davis Hamstring (DNP)

Questionable
G Richie Incognito Ankle (LP)
S Reshad Jones Knee (LP)
DE Kendall Langford Hip (LP)
RB Daniel Thomas Hamstring (LP)

Probable
RB Reggie Bush Neck (FP)
CB Nolan Carroll Hamstring (FP)
S Chris Clemons Hamstring (FP)
T Marc Colombo Knee (FP)
WR Edmond Gates Groin (FP)
QB Matt Moore Ribs (FP)
DE Jared Odrick Knee (FP)

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-29-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Daniel Thomas and Vontae Davis ruled out tomorrow.

sig by BoneKrusher