Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-29-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think we're overreacting to that Dallas game. Yes, he flashed, but dude caught like 3 passes for 30 yards.

Hardly enough to declare him as our 3rd best receiver when healthy. Let's temper expectations a bit, we are way overreacting to the Dallas game.
If he looks how he did in that game in the redzone when he comes back he'll get the opportunities to grow into our 3rd best receiver. I think he just provides a lot more for this team than mario does if all works out which would really let us limit our dependence on Mario and help us maximize his effectiveness.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let him prove it first. Potential doesn't mean **** if you can't stay healthy. He has yet to do that in 3 years.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let him prove it first. Potential doesn't mean **** if you can't stay healthy. He has yet to do that in 3 years.
Yep, that's why I'm excited to see what he can do once he's back on the field.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-30-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a win is a win...right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
a win is a win...right?
Yes! But let's put Perry Fewell on notice or the hot seat. I think I am close to hating him. If you have a player, RB, who needs a 100 yard rushing day, please, schedule us. We will be VERY happy to help!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the 4-2-5 defense he uses as a base. I understand its a passing league nowadays but, how does he expect to stop the run by committing so much to the pass. Worst part is, it doesn't even make our pass defense that much better because of all the soft zone he runs. It took Matt ******* Moore three drives to throw an incomplete pass. Imagine how badly Brady is going to rip us a new one next Sunday.

Fewell needs to get his head out of his ass. The only way we beat Brady next week is the same way we beat him in the Super Bowl, blitz the **** out of him. We have such a plethora of pass rushers JPP, Tuck, Osi, Kiwi, and even Tollefson, that f we had someone like Spags or one of the Ryan brothers JPP could easily win the sack title year in and year out.

Believe it or not Gilbride doesn't frustrate me as much as Fewell anymore. Maybe its because I am defensive guy, but damn when the Dolphins are leading 14-3 at one point you know that's a problem.

Anyways, Manning is probably the best QB in Giants history. If he can get another ring, and 3 more seasons of how he is playing right now I think it's safe to say he'll have a bust right next to his big brother's. The media might not want to admit it, but its true.

Our run-game is awful, what I thought was a strength is seriously disappointing me. Jacobs is a bum, I used to love this guy, but all he does is whine and whine. When he actually gets the ball he doesn't produce. Let's get rid of this guy, I'd rather just keep Ware and the dude from Maryland, his name escapes me right now, as the backups for Bradshaw. Who also is not playing as well as he conceivably should, at least he keeps his mouth shut, runs hard, and has brought his fumbles down tough.

Cruz <3 and hopefully Nicks' hamstring is minor. Ballard is Kevin Boss 2.0, if you guys hadn't realized that before.

The Offensive line looks great in pass protection, especially today, but were playing the Dolphins so I don't how much we can evaluate from that. We still lack a push in the run game. I think Beatty is going to be forever average at best, but hopefully Brewer can be groomed into an above average RT to take over for McKenzie.

I put a lot of the blame for our porous run defense on the 4-2-5 scheme, but still we have by far the deepest and arguably most talented D-line in the NFL, yet this is embarrassing... Reggie Bush? 100 yards? What are we Washington State? Some of the blame needs to be given to Canty, Joseph, Osi, and JPP; I'll give Tuck a pass since its his first game back from injury.

Webster is a Boss, Ross is average but that's better than what a lot of other teams can say about their #2 corner. I'd honestly rather have Ross than DRC. Philips and Rolle are a pretty good safety tandem, but they have the talent to be the best in the league, unfortunately they aren't.

Can someone tell me about Herzlich? He's just a special teamer? I never ever see him out there on the field, until today I saw him on a kickoff. I hope he can return to his previous 1st round form, and maybe become the leader of this defense and the stalwart were lacking in the middle. Greg Jones is a good back-up, nothing more.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Greg Jones played like crap. And did Williams even see the field at all?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was this the first time Tuck wore that crazy full cage like Canty? Could it be to help his neck?
Old 10-31-2011, 08:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He did play like crap. I don't remember seeing Williams on the field either. For the life of me, i don't understand why we sit back and let Matt Moore have all day to throw, we should bring the heat on him all game long. We did on the final 8 snaps of the game.

The result? 4 sacks and an INT. Why is this so difficult for Fewell to comprehend?

And the run d is largely due to horrible angles, and Osi just doesn't play the run at all. The majority of Reggie's long runs were to Osi's side. This defense really needs to put it together, the talent is there, but I just don't like Fewell at all.

I have no faith in him to put together a good gameplan vs the Pats. I can see us just sitting back in coverage and getting picked apart all day long.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Zone might actually work best against the Pats. As scary of a thought that is. I don't think we have anyone shifty enough to cover Welker. Surprisingly Dockery used to be that guy.

The Pats have zero deep threats. It might actually be best to crowd the middle of the field.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:43 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw an interview with Ike Taylor, the Steelers CB. He said he couldn't even remember the last time he played as much press man coverage as he did yesterday. The Steelers had a simple gameplan. Press man coverage, and blitzing. The result? Brady went 24-35 for just 198 yards.

If Fewell even has half a brain he will see how effective this was for the Steelers and do some of the same things next sunday. But we all know the defense we probably get is a soft zone with 5 dbs, and a D-line where a guy on the right side refuses to play the run because he's to concerned about padding his stats and prepping for a new payday( cough, Osi, cough).

These next five games will make or break our season. I will be very happy if we manage to go 2-3 or better these next five games. We really need to find at least one win to even be in playoff contention for the last month.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Realistically we make the playoffs if we just beat the NFC East teams. It obviously won't play out this way but 9-7 I think would do it as long as those remaining 4 wins were in division.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Zone is fine as long as it's press zone with rerouting within 5 yards.

This off/soft zone garbage is what annoys me.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Ware almost got Eli killed on one play too yesterday. Totally missed a block. Didn't even see the guy coming. Just another reason you have to love Bradhshaw.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Our oline has been pretty mediocre. Beatty is what he is. He's not very good. We could use an upgrade at LT.

Diehl is showing his age at LG. Baas just can't stay healthy and is still missing assignments. The whole left side is all out of sorts right now. You figure they'd gel by now, but they haven't.

And why is Petrus always deactivated? You figure we'd like to have him ready in case he needs to go in.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably because Boothe's versatility is more valuable then Petrus.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Then deactivate Beckum and have Petrus activated. I rather have Petrus available than Beckum.

Speaking of Beatty, I'm pretty disappointed in him. I didn't have all that much faith in him coming into the season to begin with, but he's definitely not the solution at LT.

We all know he sucks at run blocking, that is what it is, that won't change, but he was supposed to be a good pass protector. He's not even that. He's just serviceable in that regard. He's weak, you can bullrush him all day, he makes too many mental mistakes with his assignments, he's just not that good.

He's serviceable. We can survive with him. But he's a JAG. It's time to give up on him as our LT of the future and look for an upgrade if we can find one.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I'm not sure of the FA options at the end of this season, but OL, RB, and LB I think we can all agree are the main concerns for FA and the draft.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then deactivate Beckum and have Petrus activated. I rather have Petrus available than Beckum.

Speaking of Beatty, I'm pretty disappointed in him. I didn't have all that much faith in him coming into the season to begin with, but he's definitely not the solution at LT.

We all know he sucks at run blocking, that is what it is, that won't change, but he was supposed to be a good pass protector. He's not even that. He's just serviceable in that regard. He's weak, you can bullrush him all day, he makes too many mental mistakes with his assignments, he's just not that good.

He's serviceable. We can survive with him. But he's a JAG. It's time to give up on him as our LT of the future and look for an upgrade if we can find one.
I really haven't been that upset with Beatty, I don't think he is an all pro, but he has been pretty steady so far.

I see a lot of pressure coming through the middle of the line which I think is a big concern.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm not sure of the FA options at the end of this season, but OL, RB, and LB I think we can all agree are the main concerns for FA and the draft.
Yeah, and depending on what happens with the contract statuses of Ross and T2, CB can become a big concern as well. I would also very much like to upgrade our TE position. If we can get a pass-catching TE that actually catches passes(yes, I'm looking at you Beckum) paired with Ballard we can become much more dangerous on passes play action out of two TE-sets.

If we can get an impact LB, TE and OL out of the next FA and draft, as well as a good nickel/dime CB and another serviceable runningback, we would be pretty much stacked everywhere.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I really haven't been that upset with Beatty, I don't think he is an all pro, but he has been pretty steady so far.

I see a lot of pressure coming through the middle of the line which I think is a big concern.
He's only steady bc Eli has such great pocket presence. Beatty gets routinely beat on a weekly basis. He made Jason Taylor look like he was 25 years old again. He's just not that good.

Like I said, we can survive with him, but he's not a good player. He's just serviceable.

I do believe that the value of a LT in today's league is somewhat overrated (if you have a franchise qb you don't need a stud LT), but you still play with fire when you have a mediocre LT.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I'm just going to say this now so I can creep myself out even more next weekend, but watch Fewell bring pressure all day against the Pats. Coughlin's giants always play much more simple and basic against teams we out class and are much more aggressive n creative in games we can't "just win on talent alone." So I think that last drive is much more indicative of what Brady n co. will see from the giants.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I'm just going to say this now so I can creep myself out even more next weekend, but watch Fewell bring pressure all day against the Pats. Coughlin's giants always play much more simple and basic against teams we out class and are much more aggressive n creative in games we can't "just win on talent alone." So I think that last drive is much more indicative of what Brady n co. will see from the giants.
I could see that as well. Although it may only be against Vick. We certainly gameplan Vick much different than other teams. Either way the Patriots certainly looked beatable on Sunday. Although the fact that they lost doesn't play in our advantage.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Oh I expect to lose, Belly doesn't let his teams lose two straight, but I really feel like it's not just our players that raise their game for the big moments.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

When was the last time the Pats lost 2 straight? I honestly can't remember.

Hell, when was the last time the Pats lost at home?