Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-11-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I still can't believe what happened to Webster. It's the biggest mystery to me.

He went from the worst CB I've ever seen to one of the best in the league. How does that happen?

That was insane and to this day, I still can't explain it. Tim Lewis really must have been that awful.
It was funny because the night before the draft I went out and got drunk and was calling for Webster all night like crazy. When we took him I was ecstatic. Then he was just terrible as we know. Thank Spags because he took him out of the trash and realized the talent he had. When Webster had that TD against Buffalo everyone was like you better enjoy because it would be the highlight of his career. Now we have a top 10 possibly top 5 CB on our hands.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still can't believe what happened to Webster. It's the biggest mystery to me.

He went from the worst CB I've ever seen to one of the best in the league. How does that happen?

That was insane and to this day, I still can't explain it. Tim Lewis really must have been that awful.
Yes, remember the articles?! They said he used to berate him during practice. Writers claimed that Lewis was very mad for being passed over HC jobs. Teams used the Rooney Rule to interview him, but kept passing him over. I guess he took that out on Webster.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Yes, remember the articles?! They said he used to berate him during practice. Writers claimed that Lewis was very mad for being passed over HC jobs. Teams used the Rooney Rule to interview him, but kept passing him over. I guess he took that out on Webster.
I can understand being angry about that. You feel like a piece of meat that's just being taken advantage of. But still, suck it Tim Lewis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It was funny because the night before the draft I went out and got drunk and was calling for Webster all night like crazy. When we took him I was ecstatic. Then he was just terrible as we know. Thank Spags because he took him out of the trash and realized the talent he had. When Webster had that TD against Buffalo everyone was like you better enjoy because it would be the highlight of his career. Now we have a top 10 possibly top 5 CB on our hands.
I loved the draft pick as well. But when he sucked, maaaaaaaaan he sucked! I gave up on him. I was furious Spags was rolling the dice with him in the playoffs. I couldn't believe it.

That might be the single biggest turnaround I've ever seen. It was unbelievable.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can understand being angry about that. You feel like a piece of meat that's just being taken advantage of. But still, suck it Tim Lewis.

I loved the draft pick as well. But when he sucked, maaaaaaaaan he sucked! I gave up on him. I was furious Spags was rolling the dice with him in the playoffs. I couldn't believe it.

That might be the single biggest turnaround I've ever seen. It was unbelievable.

Yes, but coaching in the NFL is a tight knit fraternity. Word of mouth is huge, and it gets passed around when you do something like that. Think of it like school. You hate a professor, and you may tell another, thank god I have you instead of Professor X. That professor is terrible! So now when that Professor becomes dean, someone like lewis may not get promoted. Stuff like that gets passed around. Coaching is a tight knit circle.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It was for me as well. Spags had given him a chance earlier that year and he still failed that. I don't know what switch turned on but boy I'm glad it did.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-11-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imagine if Travis Beckum pulls a Webster?

Lulz.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Lulz.
Don't get your hopes up, lol. I'm following his twitter account. Doesn't seem like a bright guy to say the least. Not that it necessarily matters, but it builds my fury against him.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Lulz.
Unpossible!

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

Lulz.
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-12-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Looks like Manningham won't play tomorrow so hopefully Nicks will be back.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-12-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

For some reason Prince thought Mike Tomlin was our coach. Weird.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-13-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope that OL doesn't come to play because thats the only way I foresee us doing well.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

I just saw JPP chase down Frank Gore and hit him from the backside and I swear Lawrence Taylor flashed in my head.

The close on suddenness of the hit. Chills down my spine. Only him and Reggie White ever gave me that.

Edit: Oh well, no rabbits today.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 11-13-2011 at 06:20 PM.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Please change both coordinators! God, I can't stand our red zone play calling once we are close. STOP THE DRAW!!!!!!!!!!! It's not fooling anyone! And then it puts us in a 3rd down, obvious passing situation! Again, we insist on running it when we could have thrown it towards the end of the game! Stupid! And I hate Fewell's system! It seems like guys are consistently open!

Eli made some sick throws today. He really earned his money on the TD passes. I want to know what happened with the 2nd int. It looked like Mario was doing something else and not in the frame and the ball was near 3 9ers. Did Mario run the wrong route again?!
Old 11-13-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really didn't mind the draw. It was 3rd and 2 in 4 down territory. I just wanted 4 more plays to work with. Yes it didn't work but I really think it's classic second guessing. Ware was getting 3-5 yards on those the whole second half.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I really didn't mind the draw. It was 3rd and 2 in 4 down territory. I just wanted 4 more plays to work with. Yes it didn't work but I really think it's classic second guessing. Ware was getting 3-5 yards on those the whole second half.
Yes so throw it! Do something! Not draw! We did it last week, twice, as well!!! It didn't work then either! It's classic we play bush league in the red zone when we are that close. You can expect that non sense every game when we are that close. Why can't we throw it or if we want to run the ball, do it normally? Use play action? Fade? Anything but that stupid draw! It hasn't worked yet!
Old 11-13-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It worked the whole second half for 3-5 yard gains. Our offense unfortunately isn't built to score from 10 yards in. We need to run the ball down there. The field is too small.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
It worked the whole second half for 3-5 yard gains. Our offense unfortunately isn't built to score from 10 yards in. We need to run the ball down there. The field is too small.
Yes, between the 20s. It hasn't worked all year in the red zone up close! Of course we are built to score. We have Ballard who is playing very well. We have Nicks, MM, Cruz, and a 6'6 WR. And that idiotic play we come up with is a draw. It hasn't worked 2 games now! Get that out of the red zone install.

If you want to run a high percentage play, run screen, WR Hot, bubble screen, or middle screen we ran against the Bucs with Jacobs in 2007 in the playoffs. Anything but that stupid play!
Old 11-13-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Yes, between the 20s. It hasn't worked all year in the red zone up close! Of course we are built to score. We have Ballard who is playing very well. We have Nicks, MM, Cruz, and a 6'6 WR. And that idiotic play we come up with is a draw. It hasn't worked 2 games now! Get that out of the red zone install.

If you want to run a high percentage play, run screen, WR Hot, bubble screen, or middle screen we ran against the Bucs with Jacobs in 2007 in the playoffs. Anything but that stupid play!
Ballard is slow as ****. He's made some great plays but let's not overrate him now. We could still use a serious upgrade there. Our 6'6" WR is a nobody. I don't want to hear about him. And again our team isn't built to score from that close. We need to run the ball down there. The draw was working all day. It just didn't work that time unfortunately.

I'm not the biggest Gilbride fan in the world either, but I'm tired of every ******* Giants fan using him as an excuse when we lose. If it wasn't for Gilbride I guess we would go 16-0.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Ballard is slow as ****. He's made some great plays but let's not overrate him now. We could still use a serious upgrade there. Our 6'6" WR is a nobody. I don't want to hear about him. And again our team isn't built to score from that close. We need to run the ball down there. The draw was working all day. It just didn't work that time unfortunately.
He is slow. But he is tall, makes plays, and has great hands. He doesn't have to burn his guy. Just get a slight separation and Eli can put it in a spot where he can make a play!

Our 6'6 player was drafted to be a red zone threat. So, why not actually use him? Let's see what he can do? We draft guys with the goal to use: Beckum in short yardage situations. This is from Reese. Then Barden because he is a great red zone threat. Beckum is useless, but at least use Barden now that he has healthy.

If we chose not to use 2 tall guys, one TE with great hands, then I don't know what to say. What about our WRs? They are not allowed to catch the ball in the red zone? They have to be farther out? I can tell you one thing, that draw is 0/3 in the red zone. So perhaps it's time to scrap it!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

We lost this game from hidden yardage on special teams and losing Boley. We still have what must be bottom 5 special teams units in the league. And Delanie Walker killed us all game. He beat us with Boley in there but I have to think Boley would have gotten that crap under control later in the game. And Greg Jones still sucks.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm not mad at the loss. We were right there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-14-2011, 07:15 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
We lost this game from hidden yardage on special teams and losing Boley. We still have what must be bottom 5 special teams units in the league. And Delanie Walker killed us all game. He beat us with Boley in there but I have to think Boley would have gotten that crap under control later in the game. And Greg Jones still sucks.
Special teams does hurt us. But that's why it's called special teams for us. Jones is a rookie with no mini camps or OTAs. I am not going to fault any rookie for that. Even with all that we were still in the game. Stupid play calling exchanging FGs with them. Then, at the end obviously is something I hated. You can't kick FGs against teams like the Saints and Packers. I highly doubt Brees will run those damn delays in the red zone. Drop back and let it rip is more his style. I want to see that in the red zone.

It's funny, because my parents went to PA to visit my cousin. He is an avg fan, so I really don't talk scheme or anything. It's pretty just regular stuff. First thing he does when he walks in the door is blast Gilbride calling them delay hand offs, lol. But I just shook my head. If someone like him can spot that, god, what pathetic play calling.

My issue is with situational play calling in the red zone. This goes back when we had Burress too. I remember in Pittsburgh, we ran a X hot to him. We tend to go left or right, or with that passive draw. Go back and throw the ball. Run a screen, if need be. But for the love of god, don't run draw!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Any news on the Boley injury?

I hated the 3rd and 4th down calls but it's not why we lost. Fewell playing that soft zone all of a sudden again didn't help.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-14-2011, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

To answer my own question looks like Boley is out for the year. Garafalo said the injury was significant.

sig by BoneKrusher