Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-13-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wake and Larry Johnson.

I give us a pass on cutting Wake though. We weren't the only ones. The guy probably turned his career around once he got to the CFL.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and Tamba Hali. He's a stud. I'll give it to Penn State for that one.

But still the point remains, in general, most of their round 1/2 prospects wind up being mediocre nfl players.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Levi Brown. How's he doing? I don't think he's lived up to the really high draft status but he's solid.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He's a solid RT. I'd call him a disappointment. You don't draft a guy #5 overall to be just a solid RT. He's not even a dominant one, just an ok RT.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He's a solid RT. I'd call him a disappointment. You don't draft a guy #5 overall to be just a solid RT. He's not even a dominant one, just an ok RT.
It was dumb draft pick all around. I blame the team more for taking a RT that high. If I remember more teams had him in that 12-15 range.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Penn State in general has badly produced NFL players. It's a suprise though with how well they recruit.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It was dumb draft pick all around. I blame the team more for taking a RT that high. If I remember more teams had him in that 12-15 range.
Yeah that's true. I'd consider him a disappointment even in that range though. When you take a RT in the first round, he should be at least an upper tier RT.

He's merely an average RT.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Speaking of RTs, the RT from Atlanta is a FA, and supposedly he's most likely too expensive to resign.

I wonder if the Giants would consider signing him. I would say no, I rather go with what we have, either move Diehl to RT or hope Brewer develops into a RT.

But you never know what happens.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think our line is going to be suprisingly fine this year. The only position I'm worried about is C but if Koets is healthy then we should have no problems.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-13-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I believe in our young guys except for Beatty. I'm just nervous about Beatty.

This is a make or break year for him.

Brewer will be redshirted too, so if Beatty is a dud, we're in trouble at OT, unless we can squeeze another year out of McKenzie. I'm not sure if we can though, I think McKenzie is done.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Randy Moss is in freakish athletic shape guys.

You hear that sound? Sounds like rain droplets? That's my drool hitting the floor.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Randy Moss is in freakish athletic shape guys.

You hear that sound? Sounds like rain droplets? That's my drool hitting the floor.
Just drool?
Old 07-14-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Just drool?
The drool is about to get some company in a minute.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Picture a motivated, hungry Moss on the Giants?

Imagine a 3 WR set of Moss, Nicks, and Smith with Bradshaw in the backfield?

Do it Reese!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, I know you like him but we really don't need him at all. I'm much happier with the group of WR's we have already. There just isn't room.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

There's always room for deep balls.

Yes. I went there.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course, but honestly we don't really stretch the field that much anyways. Even when we have somebody who can do it, I just don't think Gilbride cares for it. He'd much rather run all his choice routes and have players find holes in the defense than just burn over the top of them, ala San Diego.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's why Moss is perfect. Moss ran choice routes in NE, they run the same system.

Moss is one of the smartest WRs in the league at recognizing defenses and adjusting his route to it. Brady said so himself. He's actually perfect for our system.

We don't throw deep much bc quite frankly, we don't have a deep threat like Moss. Eli loves to throw deep, he just doesn't have that guy on the team that can consistently go deep.

Technically we do in Mario, but he's too dumb to run the right routes all the time, so there may be a trust issue with him and Eli.

Btw, the reason why the system works so much better for NE is bc they draft players who are specific for the system. You must have smart players to run that system.

Welker is smart. Smith is smart, that's why he thrives for us. But Mario...not so much. Hakeem also made his fair share of mistakes bc the offense is so complex.

In this system, it's more about intelligence than athleticism. That's why Moss is so dominant in the system, he has both.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Meh, I'm just not interested in him that much. We have a ton of talent at WR as it is. Let's stick with the young guys. Personally I think Moss is on the tail end of his career anyways. Not saying he won't be productive but I think the days of his absurd numbers and success are gone.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I know we won't get him. It would be a very uncharacteristic move by the Giants if we did.

I just know I'm going to be frustrated when he tears it up this year on a different team. I hope it's not the Eagles. Don't forget, the Eagles were hot for Moss before he signed his extension with the Pats.

I could see the Eagles getting Moss and Reggie Bush and having the fastest offense in NFL history. If they got those 2 guys, their offense would be impossible to stop.

Both would be relatively cheap too.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know we won't get him. It would be a very uncharacteristic move by the Giants if we did.

I just know I'm going to be frustrated when he tears it up this year on a different team. I hope it's not the Eagles. Don't forget, the Eagles were hot for Moss before he signed his extension with the Pats.

I could see the Eagles getting Moss and Reggie Bush and having the fastest offense in NFL history. If they got those 2 guys, their offense would be impossible to stop.

Both would be relatively cheap too.
We don't need a veteran WR.

We have Nicks, Smith and Manningham are well established, plus Barden is showing a lot of potential and we drafted Jernigan who has a very intriging skill set. And that is without considering guys like Thomas, Hixon, Cruz, Calhoun, Clayton and Hagan.

NYG has probably the best young WR group in the NFL and they are just going to get better.

Signing a guy like Moss makes no sense, he will limit the opportunites for our young WRs and cost money that would be better in invested in other positions, eg LB.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm telling you guys, Moss is going to be a monster this year. I can feel it.

Anyway, I know we won't get him :( I just hope he doesn't go to Philly.

I wonder if we can nab Ryan Kalil in FA. That would be huge if we can resign our own guys plus get Kalil.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Moss is the worst fit for this team. I'm a huge huge Moss fan and even I can admit it.

Kalil would be awesome.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-15-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I always wanted Moss in a Giants uniform. I know I'm being dumb, but my boyhood crush on Moss is blinding me right now.

Anyway, it sounds like the CBA is about to be reached very soon, which means FA is around the corner.

Now football gets interesting again. Let's see what we do. Outside of signing our own guys, the only FAs I really want besides mid level depth guys are Moss (duh) and Kalil.

Realistically we get neither. Moss is a pipedream of mine, and Kalil will resign with Carolina.

If we're unable to resign Coffield, a guy I have my eye on as a mid level guy is Fred Evans. If he can come cheap, he'd be a nice rotation guy.

There's no chance we resign Coffield. Denver, Washington, NO, and im sure several other teams are going to offer him a lot more than we will.

I want us to cut Rocky Bernard too. Marcus Spears is another guy I wouldn't mind. He'd be cheap as dirt, plus he's actually a very good 4-3 NT. Terrible 3-4 DE but a great fit at 4-3 NT.

He could be one of those bargain basement guys.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If the Eagles let go of Stewart Bradley, what do you guys think? Go for it?

I personally LOVE Stewart Bradley and think he's a stud. The only issues I have with him are:

1. Injury history. Big concern.
2. I can't ever recall the Eagles letting someone go and seeing them thrive elsewhere. When the Eagles let you walk, chances are you're done. So I'm opposed to grabbing former Eagles about 99% of the time. But this might be the 1% where I think about it.

But maaan, if they let him walk and he can become the Stewart Bradley of old, we'd have our MIKE of the future in him. He's everything I want in a MIKE (when healthy).

The only potential FA LB I'd consider.