Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-23-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thankful you're alive.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went all the way to Philly on Sunday to buy some cheesesteaks and celebrate sweeping the Eagles, and those ******* show up with that kind of gutless performance. **** them. I got so ******* mad, I threw that **** in the garbage. Didn't even eat it.

Gutless. What a joke.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree! Get rid of Fewell, but I doubt that will happen unless someone forces TC to do it. If that's the case the clean house! Everyone! New HC who is a defensive coach AND can be DC. That stops musical DCs! Then bring in someone who isn't going to implement a system with PHd WR rules. New Special teams coach. Keep the OL coach, DL coach, and TE coach. But if they go, ok, fine by me. But I am tired of this nonsense!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm thankful you're alive.
I'm dead on the inside Jug. Dead on the inside </3
Old 11-23-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm dead on the inside Jug. Dead on the inside </3
You sound like Tuck. :(
Old 11-23-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well certainly hard to argue any of that but I'm going to try and stay optimistic for now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
You sound like Tuck. :(
Yeah. He's basically telling the team without telling them that he can't play. Just IR him and put him out of his misery.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Beatty injured his back?

Wtf man, is another one gonna bite the dust?
Old 11-23-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was the first time I've ever been upset with Tuck. He pissed me the hell off with that interview.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-23-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Beatty injured his back?

Wtf man, is another one gonna bite the dust?
Possibly a good thing. Diehl back to LT and Petrus at LG. Couldn't hurt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-23-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Possibly a good thing. Diehl back to LT and Petrus at LG. Couldn't hurt.
That leads me to another point. Why is Petrus always inactivated? That leads me to believe that if Beatty is out, we'll move Bubble Butt or Andrews in Dieh's spot instead of Petrus, which makes no sense to me.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
That leads me to another point. Why is Petrus always inactivated? That leads me to believe that if Beatty is out, we'll move Bubble Butt or Andrews in Dieh's spot instead of Petrus, which makes no sense to me.
I think Petrus is inactive because of versatility. However if someone like Beatty is inactive I think we would see Petrus start. Bubble Butt needs to be active to play center if need be.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Will Beatty will have surgery Thurs. to repair a detached retina in his right eye. Timeframe for recovery will be determined after surgery
http://twitter.com/#!/Giants/status/139452360069103618

Time to draft more than those stupid developmental offensive linemen. So DD moves over and petrus or fat arse moves to LG? Anyone else hurt? Our alternative uniforms should be patient gowns!
Old 11-23-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I hope Beatty doesn't use this retina injury as an excuse for sucking.

No Beatty, you suck bc you challenge Travis Beckum for softest Giant of all time.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's just move Petrus to LG. see what he's got. give the running game a spark. god knows we need something
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...f-e8e7c2ff1036

Giants add CB Blackmon; Coe to IR
Old 11-23-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

How is that Stanford guard, Decastro or whatever? Is he good? I don't mind him if he grades out.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I haven't seen him enough to make a judgement either way but I don't want a 1st round G.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-23-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I haven't seen him enough to make a judgement either way but I don't want a 1st round G.
Well, with the state of things, and since our identity is run the ball, control the clock, and use play action, then we need an OL. So yeah, I would say man up, and if the grade warrants the pick, then we go OL. If that's OG, OC, or OT then so be it.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Well, with the state of things, and since our identity is run the ball, control the clock, and use play action, then we need an OL. So yeah, I would say man up, and if the grade warrants the pick, then we go OL. If that's OG, OC, or OT then so be it.
Yeah but what we need is tackles. At guard we still have Snee and we have Petrus waiting in the wings. Give them a full season around Baas and that's a good interior OL that needs better tackles.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I'm with Rose on this. If we go OL in the first I'd rather go for a T.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-23-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no way I see the Giants going OL in the first or even second round this year.

Jerry Reese is strictly a BPA drafter, and he will undoubtedly pick some DL or DB that falls to his pick in the first round. I'm sure of it.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Yeah but what we need is tackles. At guard we still have Snee and we have Petrus waiting in the wings. Give them a full season around Baas and that's a good interior OL that needs better tackles.
Well we did draft them. Whimper, Koets, and now brewer and then at guard we drafted Petrus. So we are going OL, but it's developmental BS! Time to man up and go OL, especially if Coughlin's vision or philosophy on offense is a kind of system that dictates so.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:39 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
There's no way I see the Giants going OL in the first or even second round this year.

Jerry Reese is strictly a BPA drafter, and he will undoubtedly pick some DL or DB that falls to his pick in the first round. I'm sure of it.
he's really not, despite what he says. He goes by his board, and picks the people on his board that he has highest, but he also rates the premium positions (Passrusher, CB) and positions of need higher as well. So while it may seem BPA on his board, on other boards it is good value and need or future need.

Regardless, he knows what he needs, and what we need right now is a run game. Whether he and the NYG staff feel that the problem is the OL or the RB (clearly its both) and by using his board to evaluate where he should invest in each, he will fix the problem i have no doubt.

Personally, I don't like drafting OL in the first round unless they are amazing prospects. I would be much more comfortable with a FA because we don't have to wait for them to develop and they are proven.

Two guys i really liked: Ben Grubbs OG and Jared Gaither OT, yes I know Gaither had a bad injury, but i think at this point we have to take a chance on talent and he has alot of it.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't like FA olinemen bc you pay an arm and a leg for em.

Our system is fine, we just missed on Beatty (who coincidentally, was a 2nd round pick), and we made a mistake letting go of Whimper, who is establishing himself as a solid RT in Jacksonville.

One thing is for sure, if our oline looks dramatically better when Diehl moves back to LT, then you can basically conclude that Beatty is a bust.

Let's see how this shapes up. I have a feeling Diehl is just washed up at this point, but hopefully I'm wrong. If he looks better at LT than he did at LG, then we should probably consider moving him to RT next year while we go out and get a LT in the draft (preferably 2nd round bc I really want a linebacker in the 1st)