Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-28-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm done. The season is over to me.

Be honest with yourselves guys, even if this team somehow manages to get into the playoffs, do you trust Perry Fewell to outduel any offensive coordinators in the playoffs?

Be honest with yourself. Do you HONESTLY think that's going to happen?

The season is over. It's time for a fresh start.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the difference between the Eagles collapse and the Giants collapse? Probably a difference in draft slotting, in that the Eagles will probably have a higher draft pick.

Both teams have crap linebackers. Both teams have defensive lines which are talented but inconsistent and when they don't show up, the defense is liable to being blown out.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The difference is the Eagles were supposed to be the "dream team" and a team picked by a majority of people to go far in the playoffs.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:36 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
What's the difference between the Eagles collapse and the Giants collapse? Probably a difference in draft slotting, in that the Eagles will probably have a higher draft pick.

Both teams have crap linebackers. Both teams have defensive lines which are talented but inconsistent and when they don't show up, the defense is liable to being blown out.

Tuck, Osi, Nicks, Boley, Manningham, Bradshaw, Baas, Beatty, Barden, Jacobs, Ross, Amukamara, and Bruce Johnson all have missed time due to injuries.

The Eagles have bad linebackers and safeties, but they didn't suffer the injuries we have had. Our OL's have been very inconsistent, our coaching is inconsistent, and our receivers have dropped a lot of balls.

The major difference is that your offense underachieved incredibly despite relatively good numbers. Our offense has struggled but found ways to get it done, while our defense was pretty good despite giving up a lot of yardage in the middle. There is now way that anyone believed the giants would be a threat in the offseason with the ridiculous number of injuries that the team had.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:30 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that the philosophical approach on defense by both teams is flawed. Both teams are built around the mantra of "good defensive lines mask flaws elsewhere", but in this day and age of matchup nightmares and QBs with lightning-quick releases, this philosophy is obsolete.

You can have the best defensive line in the world but if you can't cover a quick slant to their slot receiver or a dig route to their big tight end, you are going to be eaten up all day long by elite QBs. Additionally, if your defensive line just doesn't show up that day, or is held mostly in check by a good offensive line, that QB is going to decimate your defense.

Both teams place almost zero priority on linebackers in the draft. I think this approach is flawed and cannot produce a championship-caliber defense.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Be honest with yourselves guys, even if this team somehow manages to get into the playoffs, do you trust Perry Fewell to outduel any offensive coordinators in the playoffs?

Sadly I do not but I'm still hoping the talent overtakes the scheme. Webster is the DPOY for me so far on the Giants.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:19 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

while I agree on how good Websters been, my Giants DPOY is Boley. he's been so good this year and without him, we've been trash
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
while I agree on how good Websters been, my Giants DPOY is Boley. he's been so good this year and without him, we've been trash
I was going to mention Boley but since Webster has played the full year I went that way. Also, we couldn't go wrong with JPP one of the only defensive players who still hustled every play last night.

The Packers will probably do very similar things to this defense unless Fewell changes everything up. Tuck has quit on the season due to his injuries so we should probabaly just take him out of his misery and IR him. Hopefully we get Osi back and we can get some fumbles next week.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I was going to mention Boley but since Webster has played the full year I went that way. Also, we couldn't go wrong with JPP one of the only defensive players who still hustled every play last night.

The Packers will probably do very similar things to this defense unless Fewell changes everything up. Tuck has quit on the season due to his injuries so we should probabaly just take him out of his misery and IR him. Hopefully we get Osi back and we can get some fumbles next week.
Why the hell did you pick up our DEF in fantasy?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think we need a fresh start. This just wasn't our year. Btw the injuries, Perry Fewell, and the run game being nonexistant, it just wasn't our year.

We desperately need a LB, some oline help, a seam stretching TE and a RB.

Btw, our oline looked much better without Beatty there. He's a bust.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Coughlin but I'm ready for a new staff. I really just want to see Eli play in a new system. Ours is so antiquated. I feel like every pass just requires so much precision to complete. Every pass requires someone to beat their man along the sideline and have Eli make a hard throw in terms of accuracy and risk. We never have guys open midfield. We'll certainly never beat anyone via offensive scheme on a Saturday night the way the Saints had basically already won walking into the stadium.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Why the hell did you pick up our DEF in fantasy?
I think they'll bounce back after the GB game so it's a just in case thing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I still think we have a small shot to put everything back together so I'm not giving up just yet. It's bleak for sure but we still have Eli and a lot of pieces on defense. Maybe we get Bradshaw and Boley back for the game this Sunday and we surprise everyone again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I love Coughlin but I'm ready for a new staff. I really just want to see Eli play in a new system. Ours is so antiquated. I feel like every pass just requires so much precision to complete. Every pass requires someone to beat their man along the sideline and have Eli make a hard throw in terms of accuracy and risk. We never have guys open midfield. We'll certainly never beat anyone via offensive scheme on a Saturday night the way the Saints had basically already won walking into the stadium.

At this point I wouldn't change the offense. I'm not the biggest fan of it, but Eli has played in it so long. I want Coughlin gone, and to bring in a defensive coordinator that will keep Gilbride. Probably a pipe dream, but hopefully we can at least keep a similar system. I would be close to not watching this team anymore if Fewell is our next HC though
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's just clean house please. Stupid DC is soo bad! Just get rid of everyone. Time for a change, especially since after the Packer's game we will be one push away from a TKO!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:06 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I agree! Clean house! I want a HC/DC who can hire a good OC. Let's keep Pope, I like him a lot.

I am tired of pathetic coordinators, now it falls on TC. Get rid of them all and start new. Or keep TC, and clear the coordinators, and have Mara's hire them. Take ALL of that power away from TC. Clearly, he stinks at hiring coordinators.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ultimately Reese hired Sheridan and Fewell so some blame lies there as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 09:23 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Ultimately Reese hired Sheridan and Fewell so some blame lies there as well.
So throw egg on his face. Can't have too many pass rushers! LOL. Of course you can especially if your damn DC insists on rushing 3!!! We need new coaches. No way we beat GB. Then cue the booing and such next sunday. We are in deep trouble. I have a feeling the defense is going to tune out Fewell and maybe even Coughlin.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Last night went exactly how I suspected it would but for some reason right now I'm fairly confident we'll be in this Packers game. I know they can do exactly the same things on offense as the Saints last night but I'm expecting a much better performance. I'm not saying we'll win but I think it will be much closer than everyone thinks. Boley would be a huge part of that being possible though.

I wonder if our docs are more cautious with injuries than other NFL teams?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 09:47 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Last night went exactly how I suspected it would but for some reason right now I'm fairly confident we'll be in this Packers game. I know they can do exactly the same things on offense as the Saints last night but I'm expecting a much better performance. I'm not saying we'll win but I think it will be much closer than everyone thinks. Boley would be a huge part of that being possible though.

I wonder if our docs are more cautious with injuries than other NFL teams?
Yeah I knew he'd get owned. But not sure why your fairly confident about the Packers game. We have done nothing to show we can keep up. I'd bet that the defense pretty much threw in the towel like they did with Lewis, and Sheridan.

They have to be cautious. You do your job and don't want liability. As someone going for medicine, I'd be cautious too. And since I coached, I been on that side of the fence as well. So I def. would be cautious because I don't want liability coming on me.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Yeah I knew he'd get owned. But not sure why your fairly confident about the Packers game. We have done nothing to show we can keep up. I'd bet that the defense pretty much threw in the towel like they did with Lewis, and Sheridan.

They have to be cautious. You do your job and don't want liability. As someone going for medicine, I'd be cautious too. And since I coached, I been on that side of the fence as well. So I def. would be cautious because I don't want liability coming on me.
Just a hunch I suppose.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Just a hunch I suppose.
You could be right.. I don't see it personally because I think the defense is a chin hair short of throwing in the towel like they did for Sheridan. I don't see this defense trying. The "here we go again" attitude or mentality may be going on now. Lewis, Sheridan and now Fewell. Eventually the defensive players just stop caring. That's what happened with Sheridan.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I love Coughlin as a HC. But his choices of coordinators has just been horrible. There comes a point where you just need a fresh start, and I think it's that time.

I'm all aboard the Mike Zimmer train. I think he'd do wonders for our defense. Spags is my first choice, but that's a pipe dream.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm not going to think all that much about a new coach until Coughlin gets the axe.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Anyone else notice how much better our oline looked without Beatty in there?