Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-29-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Anyone else notice how much better our oline looked without Beatty in there?
Better. But not great.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Better. But not great.
Baby steps Jug. Baby steps.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was definitely better but I wanted to see Petrus instead of Boothe. It's weird how they threw him into the fire last year but now he can't see the light of day this year. I felt like Snee was on the ground every other play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Petrus came in at the end of the game during garbage time. I'm pretty sure he came in. I have no idea why he doesn't get more playing time.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Petrus came in at the end of the game during garbage time. I'm pretty sure he came in. I have no idea why he doesn't get more playing time.
Eli was under the most pressure at the end of the game. I don't even know why he was out there.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never saw him out there but that's a good thing if he really was. Also, Barden is taking some nice steps as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was Beckum playing? I didn't see him or notice him. I hate seeing all these TEs do well, and we drafted Beckum to be that guy and now he is just a waste of a roster spot.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Was Beckum playing? I didn't see him or notice him. I hate seeing all these TEs do well, and we drafted Beckum to be that guy and now he is just a waste of a roster spot.
Just on specials.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

No, Beckum got some snaps on offense too. He just didn't do anything with them...
Old 11-29-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
No, Beckum got some snaps on offense too. He just didn't do anything with them...
I didn't see him on any routes or in the huddle and I was paying attention. Anyways he needs to be dropped.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I didn't see him on any routes or in the huddle and I was paying attention. Anyways he needs to be dropped.
He's just wasting a roster spot. I expect a lot of changes this offseason. Nothing too major to the starting lineups (outside the oline perhaps) but our depth should look different next year. A lot of guys coming off the books this offseason and I don't see us re-signing most of them.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beckum was certainly out there, and most certainly did not do anything. Wasted pick.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, so I wanted to ask you guys about your opinion on this, because it's been bothering me for some time now. And I really don't want to talk about the game last night, because it makes me want to puke.

What are your opinion on Tuck as a Captain and leader of the defense? I don't like it at all. Granted, he should get somewhat of a pass because of his injuries, and they are slowing him down on the field. But Tuck just seems like he has no ability to fire up the defense or motivate them when they need it.

Yesterday after the saints went up 14-3 just before the two minute mark in the first half, the cameras panned to Tuck on the sideline, and he was just sitting there, moping around. And this is after a week of talking about being aware of the situation, and not allowing another late-season collapse.

Yes, the other guys on defense did the same thing as well, but how can you really blame them? Their leader, who is a shell of his former self this season probably because of injuries, just sits there staring blankly straight forward. And It's not like the game was out of hand at that point either. The game got out of hand on the next defensive series IMO, when the Saints scored in 34 seconds before halftime.

I can't help but think that if only someone on the defense managed to fire them up before that series, managed to will his teammates into a stop before the half, we could have had a different game on our hands. It would have been 14-3 at halftime, and we scored a TD on the first drive of the second half. If we came within four again it could have gone differently. Not likely, but possible.

Look, I love Tuck as a player when he's healthy. But he doesn't look or sound like a leader to me. He is a player who is "only" capable of leading by example. And he can't do that this year, so we're stuck without a leader on defense. I think maybe Boley was settling into that leadership role before he got hurt.

I think the only thing this defense needs is health and a real leader. it would be nice to have a great MLB and all, but i'm not sure if it would even matter if someone doesn't step up and become a leader on this defense. Tuck's not going to do it vocally, we've seen that by now. So we need someone to step up. God I miss Strahan.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

As much as I love Tuck, I'm really getting tired of him being injured every other year.

I don't want to overreact though, so I'm gonna hold off on saying anything until after the season.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As much as I love Tuck, I'm really getting tired of him being injured every other year.

I don't want to overreact though, so I'm gonna hold off on saying anything until after the season.
Yeah, I know. But it's just so hard not to overreact/get frustrated at this point. So many talented players and such hope and promise each year, just to get this sinking feeling every late November/early December.

These past three years and upcoming three years marks the prime years of Eli Mannings career. The way this season is going, he's going to have watched the first three playoffs of his prime from the couch. He should have been out there competing for another SB trophy or two.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Osi's probably done for the year with a high ankle sprain.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We're also re-signing Chase Blackburn.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
...why didn't this happen like right after Goff got IR'ed?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Lofa must really be damaged good for us not to even look at him
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chase, Herz and Tolly? how many more white guys on D do we need?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Chase, Herz and Tolly? how many more white guys on D do we need?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2r8Ft5wWs

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-29-2011, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't like this quote from Coughlin. I think he's to stubborn to look in the mirror and check out his coaching staff. This might turn real bad folks. The execution was not good but the plan was worse.

Quote:
I thought we prepared well, but we didn’t execute. If you don’t execute, the best laid plans are not going to be there to be accomplished.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't like this quote from Coughlin. I think he's to stubborn to look in the mirror and check out his coaching staff. This might turn real bad folks. The execution was not good but the plan was worse.
well this is making me feel like we should get another coach...

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-29-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
well this is making me feel like we should get another coach...
Yeah I'll sort of echo Jughead's comments from earlier that I do like Coughlin but it's starting to look like this time has run out here. I can't believe he thinks what we're doing on defense is acceptable.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-30-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

577 yards!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote