Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-07-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baas injury is worse than just headaches according to Coughlin and we IR'ed Stacy Andrews and signed Tony Ugoh.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Baas injury is worse than just headaches according to Coughlin and we IR'ed Stacy Andrews and signed Tony Ugoh.
If a center or any OL player grades out I am going big time on OL. Let's get this OL fixed and/or upgraded.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looked pretty good with Diehl, Petrus, Boothe, Snee, McKenzie. I'm glad it looks like we'll be playing that way the rest of the year most likely. We can throw Cordle and Ugoh out there when we want to go heavy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we need Baas to pan out at C, because Petrus looked REALLY good and I feel he's our future LG, and we've got Snee. Diehl could be a RT, but we really need OT's

unless we can convert petrus to OC, and have a future OL of LT-Baas-Petrus-Snee-Diehl
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Give up the draft for Matt Kalil. Kalil/Petrus/Baas/Snee/Diehl, championship.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, we just need a LT bc Diehl can play RT, and our interior oline looks set. Baas just was killed by injuries this year, I expect him to pick it up next year.

I was really hoping we'd draft a C though, I'm a big fan of the center from Wisconsin or even the Ohio State C. But whatever, we love mediocre Centers. I guess that's our thing.

Our 2009 draft is looking pretty bad:

1. Nicks - great pick
2. Sintim - bust
2. Beatty - bust
3. Beckum - bust
3. Barden - book is still out, I'll give this a C+ for now
4. Brown - bust (not Reese's fault though)
5. Bomar - bust
7. Wright - bust
7. Woodson - bust

I know later round picks aren't busts, but they were still misses. That's a pretty terrible draft class. Especially considering how many picks we had. I recall loving that draft class too. I was estatic at the time, I wanted almost every one of those guys.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Hahahaa your just like me. I don't even come here and comment in our team thread after a loss until a day after. No sportscenter that night or Mike & Mike in the morning.

Anyway should be a great game, both teams are going to play hard, and while you guys don't have confidence in Fewell I can't remember the last time you guys didn't have one of your best defensive games vs us.
Like BeerBaron said, watching Fewell's 3 man rushes vs Garret's TE bubble screens will be painful to watch lol.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah, we just need a LT bc Diehl can play RT, and our interior oline looks set. Baas just was killed by injuries this year, I expect him to pick it up next year.

I was really hoping we'd draft a C though, I'm a big fan of the center from Wisconsin or even the Ohio State C. But whatever, we love mediocre Centers. I guess that's our thing.
Two players i really like on the OL are Reiff (LT from Iowa) and Konz (C from Wisconsin). If we can get a line of:

Reiff-Petrus-Konz-Snee-Diehl

I will be eternally happy. Reiff should be there in mid-round of the 1st, Konz is probably a late first/high second. Give Osi away and get picks, we need to rebuild our DL and OL.

Another thing, we need to stop moving Kiwi back and forth from LB to DE to LB to DE. He is a fricken DE, that's it. He cannot keep up in coverage, and he is best vs. the run when he sets the edge as a DE.

One last thing, why aren't we using Tuck on the interior? that's where he does the most damage. We aren't getting much of any passrush from our DT's.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Two players i really like on the OL are Reiff (LT from Iowa) and Konz (C from Wisconsin). If we can get a line of:

Reiff-Petrus-Konz-Snee-Diehl

I will be eternally happy. Reiff should be there in mid-round of the 1st, Konz is probably a late first/high second. Give Osi away and get picks, we need to rebuild our DL and OL.

Another thing, we need to stop moving Kiwi back and forth from LB to DE to LB to DE. He is a fricken DE, that's it. He cannot keep up in coverage, and he is best vs. the run when he sets the edge as a DE.

One last thing, why aren't we using Tuck on the interior? that's where he does the most damage. We aren't getting much of any passrush from our DT's.
The Packer game was actually the first game this whole season where I saw Fewell use a lot of that alignment, where Tuck was UT and Kiwi was LE.

When we were in that package, we got our best pressure vs Rodgers. When we went with our amoeba 3 man front, we weren't as successful.

I just don't understand why he doesn't use that alignment more. I think I saw it about 5 to 7 snaps vs the Packers, and every snap generated pressure.

Yet we barely if ever use that alignment all season. It's really frustrating to think about.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fix your side of the ball BBD! My side, though I am not a fan of our system, has done well. I really can't complain except for a few situational play calling here and there. Fix it!

I really hope we fire Fewell after this season!
Old 12-08-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

This most likely will be a high scoring game again. Both WR corps should be able to eat up the defenses. We just need a way to cover Witten. Hopefully Boley and Phillips play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-08-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Phillips even been practicing? I thought he was out 2-4 weeks.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Has Phillips even been practicing? I thought he was out 2-4 weeks.
He's been jogging on the sideline. He seems to be extremely questionable for the game, but it doesn't seem as bad as originally thought. It's better than him being on a bike.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah it's a small chance that he goes but he's day to day. He'll probably be a game time decision unless he doesn't even make the trip.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-08-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This most likely will be a high scoring game again. Both WR corps should be able to eat up the defenses. We just need a way to cover Witten. Hopefully Boley and Phillips play.

Boley really knows how to neutralize Witten, he's a really underrated LB in that sense in that he moves so well in coverage. If he doesn't play that's big. I'd like to think he's healthy enough but it's a hamstring though, you can't expect someone to trot out there and chase a guy around all night without an aggravation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Boley really knows how to neutralize Witten, he's a really underrated LB in that sense in that he moves so well in coverage. If he doesn't play that's big. I'd like to think he's healthy enough but it's a hamstring though, you can't expect someone to trot out there and chase a guy around all night without an aggravation.
Boley's playing. He played last week without any further setbacks. They are just babying him in practice.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Fewell claims injuries are the reason why he's dumbed down and simplified the defense into his basic soft zone crap.

I'm not buying it at all. That's a lame excuse. Losing Goff hurt for sure but our LB core isn't that much different without him. Losing Thomas hurt for sure, but Ross has played admirably in his place all season. And Rolle has done a damn good job in nickel CB.

It's a ton of crap. We could be just as aggressive as we could have been prior to injuries, but he just doesn't want to be.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Fewell claims injuries are the reason why he's dumbed down and simplified the defense into his basic soft zone crap.

I'm not buying it at all. That's a lame excuse. Losing Goff hurt for sure but our LB core isn't that much different without him. Losing Thomas hurt for sure, but Ross has played admirably in his place all season. And Rolle has done a damn good job in nickel CB.

It's a ton of crap. We could be just as aggressive as we could have been prior to injuries, but he just doesn't want to be.
I agree. I meant to bring this same thing up when I read about it a few days ago. He's just making excuses for his crappy defensive sets.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-09-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Phillips doubtful for Sunday. Baas and Herzlich out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-09-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I wonder if we see some Sashction on Sunday.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I wonder if we see some Sashction on Sunday.
I'd imagine we will. Dallas has a pretty deep corps of WR's plus Witten and the crappy Martellus Bennet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-09-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'd imagine we will. Dallas has a pretty deep corps of WR's plus Witten and the crappy Martellus Bennet.
I really hope we see a lot of Martellus Bennet.

Every time that dude is on the field, bad stuff happens for Dallas. Like the ball bouncing off his face and into a defender kind of bad.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I doubt we do. I think everyone realizes how terrible he is. He's basically their Beckum.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-10-2011, 01:28 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really hope we see a lot of Martellus Bennet.

Every time that dude is on the field, bad stuff happens for Dallas. Like the ball bouncing off his face and into a defender kind of bad.
Marty B is actually out with a rib injury.

What do you guys think about the game? I personally think the giants with by atleast 10.

With what happened last week and the way the cowboys have been playing, I have no trust in them at all. They could beat anyone in the league or lose to a D2 college team. It's a joke.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Damn you Fewell, STOP RUSHING 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is that? More force? Should I yell louder? I am just practicing for the Dallas game!