Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-19-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Bradley a ton but the injuries are a major concern as you said. I think the Eagles will keep him.

After we re-sign some of our own guys I don't think we're going to have much roster room either.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If the Eagles let go of Stewart Bradley, what do you guys think? Go for it?

I personally LOVE Stewart Bradley and think he's a stud. The only issues I have with him are:

1. Injury history. Big concern.
2. I can't ever recall the Eagles letting someone go and seeing them thrive elsewhere. When the Eagles let you walk, chances are you're done. So I'm opposed to grabbing former Eagles about 99% of the time. But this might be the 1% where I think about it.

But maaan, if they let him walk and he can become the Stewart Bradley of old, we'd have our MIKE of the future in him. He's everything I want in a MIKE (when healthy).

The only potential FA LB I'd consider.

With his injuries I'd rather see us make a move on Manny Lawson if we're going for an FA LB. Lawson would be a sweet fit opposite Boley as both of them can run and cover extremely well and can get after the QB fast if they're freed up on a blitz.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Realistically, I want us to sign back all our own guys, and use the rest of the money under the cap (if we have any) to sign some mid level guys for depth purposes.

I think we're going to need to sign a couple of FA DTs for depth, and perhaps a FA C just in case.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
With his injuries I'd rather see us make a move on Manny Lawson if we're going for an FA LB. Lawson would be a sweet fit opposite Boley as both of them can run and cover extremely well and can get after the QB fast if they're freed up on a blitz.
On paper it makes sense. But one thing that's overlooked is anytime you take the MIKE off the field, you take away the guy who lines everyone up and makes adjustments and audibles prior to the snap.

Sure, Boley does that in the nickel, but he's not exactly Antonio Pierce.

That's why I think having a 3 down MIKE is what we truly need. Bradley can cover too now, he's no chop liver. He's no Manny Lawson in coverage, but he can cover.

But realistically we're just going to go with what we have in house.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Say we re-sign everyone how many open roster spots would we have? It can't be many at all. My guess is maybe 1 or 2.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

There's always room for cuts.

I think we could let Rocky walk, ditto for Hixon, Hagan, Coffield will leave in FA, Wilkinson is a goner, we can cut a backup LB, Tollefson, a CB, Grant.

That's 8 guys right there. Not all of our rookies will make the team. Let's say we keep 6 rookies on the active roster.

That's 2 free spots for FAs. We can cut some fat off the edges and make room for 2 FAs if we want to go that route.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Devin Thomas and Mark Clayton are both probably goners too. That frees up 2 more spots.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Actually scratch that, I think Thomas stays on the roster bc he was great at STs. One of our WRs who we like but sucks at STs will be gone.

At least 1. I'm guessing Hixon, Hagan, and maaaaybe Cruz (i really hope not) might get the axe.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

QB - Eli, Sorgi or Rosenfels
RB - Jacobs, Bradshaw, Scott, Bear(FB)
WR - Smith, Nicks, Manningham, Barden, Jernigan, Cruz, Thomas
TE - Boss, Beckum
OT - Andrews, Beatty, Diehl, McKenzie, Brewer
OG - Snee, Seubert, Petrus, Boothe
OC - O'Hara, Koets

DT - Canty, Joseph, Austin
DE - Tuck, Osi, JPP, Kiwi, Tolly
LB - Boley, Goff, Sintim, Blackburn, DeOssie, Dillard, Jones
CB - Webster, Thomas, Ross, Prince
S - Rolle, Phillips, Sash

P - Dodge
K - Tynes

That's 50 spots if we re-sign everyone but Cofield and I think all of the above almost have a guaranteed spot. You could cut Thomas and Dillard but our ST's would be all bigger names.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say Andrews goes, might bring him back for cheaper. Might need to add S/CB and DT depth
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I'd say Andrews goes, might bring him back for cheaper. Might need to add S/CB and DT depth
He has a $3.5 million bonus this year but besides that he's pretty cheap. Since he has no signing bonus (Only $250K) his cap hit isn't large.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think Tolly is a goner. He had a nice run, but his time is up. I think Jones and Dillard will have to compete for a spot.

Don't count out Tracy. He looked good before going on IR.

I'm worried about Sash being our only backup safety. If KP goes down, we might have another bad Safety situation again. There's no guarantee that KP stays healthy, we still don't know that for sure.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I think Tolly is a goner. He had a nice run, but his time is up. I think Jones and Dillard will have to compete for a spot.

Don't count out Tracy. He looked good before going on IR.

I'm worried about Sash being our only backup safety. If KP goes down, we might have another bad Safety situation again. There's no guarantee that KP stays healthy, we still don't know that for sure.
Ok so even using that it's still only 3 open spots. I didn't even put Ware on the team but I guess it will come down to him versus Scott. We have such high end depth that there is little room elsewhere. Please let us stay relatively healthy this year football gods!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really not sure if Osi will be on this team this year either.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

2012 maybe not but I think he'll be fine this year. It really will depend on which of our own FA's leave as to whom we sign.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

3 spots eh?

Randy Moss
Randy Moss
Randy Moss

Roster filled. *****. Ejaculated.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Osi has no chips to play with. He's under contract for 2 more years. He'll throw a fit, he'll hold out, we'll tell him to man up, and he'll eventually cave in and come back.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Osi has no chips to play with. He's under contract for 2 more years. He'll throw a fit, he'll hold out, we'll tell him to man up, and he'll eventually cave in and come back.
What's his contract for this upcoming year? Not sure what the number is, but I'd love to see who would pony up more than that number for him over a long term deal.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
What's his contract for this upcoming year? Not sure what the number is, but I'd love to see who would pony up more than that number for him over a long term deal.
I don't know specific numbers. I don't think he's making much though. Honestly, he's probably getting screwed financially.

If I'm the Giants, I'd do what the Eagles did with McNabb if all else fails. Don't extend the contract, just add some more money to it, guarantee more money, and keep him happy for 2 more years.

I think that's the best compromise for both sides.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

When he signed the deal it was $41 million with a $15 million bonus through 2012. He's not making much at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

He wants top 5 pass rusher money though. Sorry Osi, I love ya, but you don't deserve that.

What I'd do is say, whatever Charles Johnson makes in FA, we'll restructure your contract to give you the same amount over the next 2 years, plus we'll guarantee a higher percentage. No extension though, just more money over the next 2 years and we reevaluate your value on the market when your contract is up.

Take it or leave it. If you turn it down, we will not trade you, we won't cut you, you'll be under contract and buried in the depth chart if you pull any fits.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everything I can locate on the contract, said we heavily front loaded it. Osi needs to deal with it. We could have backloaded the contract and cut him before he got paid. Isntead we paid him more in the first three years so now he has to deal with lower salary. I have zero sympathy for him. If it was anyone but an Eagle trashing Osi I would have agreed with them. He is such a b**ch
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, I love Osi but I sure as hell would be afraid to extend his deal. You just don't know with him. It could be an injury. It could he's unable to stop the run.

Who knows? I think he'll just have to deal with it, unfortunately.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Osi's problem is he's immature. He needs that "big brother" figure to keep him in check. Strahan was great at being the older brother, but since he's left, Osi has no one to take over that role.

And stop the run Osi. That's why Lady Gaga called you soft. Try a bullrush once in awhile.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ehh he used to stop the rush but it's not what we ask him to do anymore Also who cares if he bullrushes? I'd rather take his quick move with a strip sack everyday of the week. This will be his last year as a Giant for sure I think but he had a great tenure. He complains to much but for the most part he's backed it up on the field.

sig by BoneKrusher