Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-10-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phillips and Osi out per Giants twitter. Like I said before, Osi out is actually a good thing. He overshoots the QB and creates a wide open pocket. Losing Phillips might kill us though, whos gunna play there? Grants playing rover as usual, not sure how i feel about Sash, but he has a knack for causing turnovers...

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Marty B is actually out with a rib injury.

What do you guys think about the game? I personally think the giants with by atleast 10.

With what happened last week and the way the cowboys have been playing, I have no trust in them at all. They could beat anyone in the league or lose to a D2 college team. It's a joke.
It's very cliche to say, but it really depends on which Tony Romo shows up.

Our defense is going to either look great or look horrible, there's no in btw. I have absolutely no faith in Perry Fewell.

We are the 29th ranked defense in the league. 29th. There is absolutely no excuse for this defense to be that bad. Even with all our injuries, we are more talented than the 29th defense in the league. That's just a testament to how bad Perry Fewell is. On paper, our defense is as talented as any in the league, yet we're the 29th ranked defense in the league? That's just sad.

The key to this game is our defense vs Romo, and our oline vs the Cowboys blitz.

If Romo plays well and your blitzes get there, you win. If Romo buckles under pressure, and we pick up your blitzes, we'll win.

I just hope we can keep it close with the ball in Eli's hands at the end of the game. But I think we lose this game bc it's on the road, no Kenny Phillips, Perry Fewell is a tool, and I think Ryan cooks up some good pressures to confuse our pass protections.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Phillips and Osi out per Giants twitter. Like I said before, Osi out is actually a good thing. He overshoots the QB and creates a wide open pocket. Losing Phillips might kill us though, whos gunna play there? Grants playing rover as usual, not sure how i feel about Sash, but he has a knack for causing turnovers...
That's funny because I live with a Giants fan at school and I told him I was pissed Osi was out lol. That definitely hurts the cowboys.

As for your response BBD, that logic seems pretty sound. I just can't see our secondary stopping Nicks or Cruz. Newman is pathetic right now. Jenkins and Scandrick are better than last year, but Eli always kills us. Always.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 12-11-2011 at 01:33 PM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
That's funny because I live with a Giants fan at school and I told him I was pissed Osi was out lol. That definitely hurts the cowboys.

As for your response BBD, that logic seems pretty sound. I just can see our secondary stopping Nicks or Cruz. Newman is pathetic right now. Jenkins and Scandrick are better than last year, but Eli always kills us. Always.
Nobody has stopped Cruz. That's why he is a pubic hair short of taking the total yards lead in the NFC. The guy is in beast mode. If there is one, just one.. special thing about this game it's me looking forward to see how Cruz does this game. Hopefully he can pass megatron and Steve Smith. That would mean # 1 in the NFC and # 2 overall behind Welker in productivity.

If you guys can stop Cruz that would be a very rare thing. Plus your defensive philosophy is stop the most dangerous guy. Well, Eli uses everyone, and always has, so you stop Nicks, Cruz is free. You stop Cruz, Nicks or Mario is free. If you stop both or any 2 Wr, Ballard comes free. If all else fails, we throw to Bradshaw who can make something happen.

That's why Eli is successful without a running game. He distributes the ball to everyone. If you do that someone like Beckum or Barden COULD make a play. Beckum shocked us last game. So you can try to take away someone, but someone else will get fed and be successful.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Nobody has stopped Cruz. That's why he is a pubic hair short of taking the total yards lead in the NFC. The guy is in beast mode. If there is one, just one.. special thing about this game it's me looking forward to see how Cruz does this game. Hopefully he can pass megatron and Steve Smith. That would mean # 1 in the NFC and # 2 overall behind Welker in productivity.

If you guys can stop Cruz that would be a very rare thing. Plus your defensive philosophy is stop the most dangerous guy. Well, Eli uses everyone, and always has, so you stop Nicks, Cruz is free. You stop Cruz, Nicks or Mario is free. If you stop both or any 2 Wr, Ballard comes free. If all else fails, we throw to Bradshaw who can make something happen.

That's why Eli is successful without a running game. He distributes the ball to everyone. If you do that someone like Beckum or Barden COULD make a play. Beckum shocked us last game. So you can try to take away someone, but someone else will get fed and be successful.
I meant can't, not can. I mistyped my post. Our secondary is going to get torched, no doubt about it.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

get your popcorn ready

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
get your popcorn ready
Don't ever quote a Cowboy before we play them. What the hell is wrong with you?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you kidding me Gilbride, 2 fades (none to your ******* 6-6 reciever) and a draw from the 4?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Don't ever quote a Cowboy before we play them. What the hell is wrong with you?
well, considering what happened after he did that, I think you will change your opinion. We beat them in the playoffs as we went on to a superbowl...

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3rd and 4 and we throw 30 yards downfield! Great play call!
Old 12-11-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
3rd and 4 and we throw 30 yards downfield! Great play call!
i dont mind it, this is why cruz averages about 20 yards on 3rd down catches

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So tired of cover 2
Old 12-11-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
So tired of cover 2
yep, i don't get it, why allow easy completions down the field?

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

We can't protect ANY lead! NONE! Please fire Fewell!
Old 12-11-2011, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Awesome win, but without JPP in beast mode, we lose that game.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

unreal. just unreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
unreal. just unreal
I can't believe this ****.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-11-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JPP I'm so glad we drafted you! I'm sorry I ever complained!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Amazing game. It all changed when Romo missed a wide open Austin for the winner. But hey he got his stats! That's when things changed. Eli making throws while getting harrassed, and Romo's big time miss changed things. I still don't know how an aggressive defense got shredded like that. I can understand our defense getting shreded because of PF.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Enjoy this. Eli is sooooooooo good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-11-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Clutch, he made his throws when we needed him to.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Clutch, he made his throws when we needed him to.
He always does.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-11-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

A few players that should get major credit behind the scenes: D.J. Ware (his blitz pickups were money), Petrus (sparked our run game, no doubt), Boley & Williams (limited Witten all game, that was HUGE)

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 11:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

petrus was awesome tonight. BBD's mancrush is deserving of it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
petrus was awesome tonight. BBD's mancrush is deserving of it
He's going to be a stud. To be fair though, he missed a # of blocks last night, but I'll chalk that up to growing pains.

Prince on the other hand.....he looks slow. I just don't see us getting any significant contributions from him this year. He looks stiff too.