Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-28-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
wait are we rumored to be offering him the future HC job?
Yeah that's what Sal Pal said yesterday. Honestly at this point though none of these reporters have any inside information. The Giants don't leak stuff ever and they especially wouldn't leak anything while still having a DC in place heading into what is essentially a playoff game. We'll know more as the season ends and I'm not going to go from emotion to emotion based on the direction the Spags wind is blowing that day. There have already been way to many conflicting reports which leads me to believe no one has a clue.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So apparently, the 2 times we went with a simplified defense were vs the Pats and vs the Jets.

The result? Great defense.

My head hurts. If Spags doesn't come back and bring his common sense with him, I'm jumping off the bridge guys.

I choose GWB. Just giving you guys a heads up.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe we could all have our own bridge and synchronize it. Make more of an impact.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or we could just all hold hands on the way down.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-28-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Or we could just all hold hands on the way down.
Then they'll think we're some sort of *** cult.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants Team Forum cult?
Old 12-28-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, i'd be down for either or. team cult or synchronized jumping would be pretty gnarly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:37 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we are going to synchronize it I need to know a little early, bc the nearest bridge with good suicide conditions is over an hours drive away.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Speaking of which, did anyone catch the Giants/Patriots Super Bowl special on ESPN on Christmas?

I wish I DVR'd it. It was great, had a lot of player interviews, and they had a session where Spags and McDaniels both were on the whiteboard breaking down plays and what each of their units did on each particular play.

It was a great special, and after watching the special it really made you miss Spags even more bc of how brilliant he was.

Just to throw some gas on the fire lol.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

What I also took from that special was that the Patriot players had a ton of respect for the Giants organization and the players. You gotta respect those guys, they didn't make excuses, they gave credit where it was due, and they were man enough to admit they got beat.

It's why I respect that team so much. They have a special group of leaders on that team and it's a testament to Bill Bellichick.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I wish I knew about it!!! It sounds awesome so I'll have to hope they repeat it again. Was it called anything special?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-29-2011, 08:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I wish I knew about it!!! It sounds awesome so I'll have to hope they repeat it again. Was it called anything special?
I don't remember. I caught it like 10 minutes into it. It was such a great special, they interviewed a bunch of players from both sides, notably Brady, Harrison, Bruschi, and Light from the Patriots. And what stood out to me was how they gave so much respect and credit to the Giants. They just get it. That's a team that gets it. I have so much respect for them.

The best part was the white board with Spags and McDaniels. They talked about a lot of things that go unnoticed in that game that I noticed myself. Like the first play of the game when Brady almost gets sacked on a designed screen pass. If he was able to get the pass off it's a touchdown.

The Kawika Mitchell sack, how that was a changeup that Spags cooked up the Thursday before the game. It was a great session.

I also came away from that whiteboard impressed with McDaniels. Have a newfound respect for him too.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Spags disguised a CB blitz beautifully on a failed 4th down attempt. He had Michael Johnson lined up at WILL LB, Ross at CB, and Wilson at FS.

During the regular season game btw the 2 teams he blitzed Johnson and Ross from that formation and Wilson picked up the WR.

So the Pats saw that, and was ready for it. They called a sluggo to get Wilson to bite and they'd have an easy touchdown up top on it. So they were excited about the play.

BUT

Spags threw in a wrinkle. It was a disguise. Ross came on the blitz, Wilson jumped underneath and Johnson had to shoot down the field as the deep safety, essentially double teaming the WR on the route. So the WR still saw double coverage, with a blitzer coming from the corner.

So that designed sluggo they cooked up to beat us with got undone by a wrinkle Spags cooked up bc he anticipated them having a change up in their gameplan to that same alignment.

Just 1 example of the many great chess matches btw 2 great coordinators.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That's something we've got away from under Fewell. I don't remember seeing any CB or S blitzes the last 2 years. I'm so sick of this guy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-29-2011, 08:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He used to blitz Rolle a lot. But my problem with Fewell is that he seems to have a designated blitzer that he uses every time. That takes away the confusion of the blitz every time you do that. Bc teams just have to identify where that specific guy is lined up and pick him up.

Also his blitzes lack imagination. No stunts, guys look hesitant and don't understand which gap to attack, they're just poorly designed.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

And they also are almost always delayed. It makes no sense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-29-2011, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
And they also are almost always delayed. It makes no sense.
That's how the Cowboys blitz. The blitz guys that don't even reach the LOS.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
That's how the Cowboys blitz. The blitz guys that don't even reach the LOS.
Well that's good for both offenses on Sunday night then. As we start to get closer to the game I'm feeling very uneasy.

We never get there in time also when we blitz the LB's like that. I think it's a read where if the LB has no one to cover he's supposed to go but it just gives the QB more time to find the WR in our crappy zone.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-29-2011, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Well that's good for both offenses on Sunday night then. As we start to get closer to the game I'm feeling very uneasy.

We never get there in time also when we blitz the LB's like that. I think it's a read where if the LB has no one to cover he's supposed to go but it just gives the QB more time to find the WR in our crappy zone.
Our LBers just get picked up our run into the line. The Cowboys have guys who just blitz from far out and don't even touch a soul or reach the line.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:24 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Speaking of which, did anyone catch the Giants/Patriots Super Bowl special on ESPN on Christmas?

I wish I DVR'd it. It was great, had a lot of player interviews, and they had a session where Spags and McDaniels both were on the whiteboard breaking down plays and what each of their units did on each particular play.

It was a great special, and after watching the special it really made you miss Spags even more bc of how brilliant he was.

Just to throw some gas on the fire lol.
damn i cant find anything about this show, i just looked for it for like half an hour haha it sounds so legit though i freaking love that kind of stuff
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think it was part of "NFL's Greatest Games" special or something.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sounds like Ballard and Herzlich are out this Sunday. Osi and Mario are looking like a go while Nicks it the real question mark. We need Nicks on the field even if he's not at 100% just to draw some coverage away from Cruz and Mario.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-29-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't like that Osi is playing. I think that hurts us more than it helps us. And if Nicks and Ballard don't play, we're screwed.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah it really hurts to have a pass rusher like Osi. Let's not be foolish here. The defense hasn't stopped the run all that well with or without Osi.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-29-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There has been a lot of talk about Spags as a potential replacement for Fewell, who are the alternatives? Mike Nolan or Jack Del Rio? How about Winston Moss?

Are there any other alternatives?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote