Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-04-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think Matt Ryan and that run game are more suited bc Ryan is a Philly kid who played in BC and your run game travels with you everywhere.

But we can't underestimate how the cold will effect the rest of the team. Schematically their unit travels well, but physically is a different story. Their bodies are still not accustomed to 10 degree temperatures.
It's not going to be that cold. Seems like high 30's low 40s. I know they said the forecast isn't solid but normally they get the temps right. Just not the direction the rain/snow may travel or how quickly.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if they're predicting snow the temp can't be in the low 30's high 40's.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think they are predicting snow during the game. The snow could be the night before/early morning. Turning into rain at game time.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I don't think they are predicting snow during the game. The snow could be the night before/early morning. Turning into rain at game time.
That makes more sense then. According to weather.com there is only a 30% chance of rain right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-04-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Looks like going into this game we will be the healthiest we've been all year besides the IR players. Nicks, Tuck, Manningham, and Phillips aren't even listed on the pre practice injury report for the week.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 01-04-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Part of the reason the Falcons record is much worse outdoors is the teams we've played outdoors. We have the Tampa Bay Bucs whom we always struggle with @ their place, no matter how awful they are. We played the Patriots and Steelers both outdoors as well. Vs some of the teams we've gotten indoors just aren't nearly as tough. Plus you have to factor in that literally every outdoor game we play is on the road. We play 0 home games outdoors. That's a huge part of any team's record in the NFL, you're supposed to win at home, and hope to split on the road, if you can do that you're 12-4 every year.

The Falcons and Giants both match up with each other very well, we have a CB with Grimes who can easily stick with Cruz, nothing against the guy he's been fantastic this year, down right nasty, but Grimes matches up with him perfectly physically. Dunta Robinson can be extremely physical with Hakeem on the other side, but can easily get beaten by Nicks' speed as well. On the flip side, you guys have an insane pass rush that is going to make Matt Ryan get the ball out quickly, and your DBs know it. They're going to be able to crowd up towards the line to make it tougher to run, while also better protecting against the short pass.

Ryan doesn't have elite arm strength, but is/was accustomed to playing in the cold weather from his Philly and BC Days. The threat of the deep ball to Julio will hopefully keep your defense honest, but it's going to be a big uphill battle for our offensive line to control the line of scrimmage against your elite pass rush.

Our defensive line outside of Abe and Babs have not produced much in terms of getting good consistent pressure, even those guys have struggled at being consistent. Our "big" free agent has had a couple of good games, and honestly looks at times like he's just plagued with little nagging injuries that are preventing him from playing at that level right now. We're going to need Edwards to step up big time, and I suspect he will given that he was used to playing more snaps in Minnesota than he does with Atlanta's regular season DL rotation.

I sort of see it like this:

ATL on the Left, NYG on the right

OL vs DL = edge Giants
If the Falcons can establish the run this will go a long way in helping balance and taking away that edge from the Giants, but if they can step up and make plays in the run, it could be a long day for Matt Ryan and the Falcons OL.

TE/FB vs LB/S
edge Falcons. I think in both the running and passing games the edge goes to the Falcons here. Tony brings massive consistency and the ability to 'always' be open because of his incredible range. If the Falcons can get their TEs and FBs into the 2nd level blocking up the LBs and Safeties then I think the ATL offense will be able to function at maximum potential.

WRs vs DBs
Edge Falcons. Roddy White has struggled with drops, but still caught 100 passes this season and went over 1000 yards yet again, he's a constant annoyance to defenders and you can't ever miss him on any plays or he's capable of making a big play. Julio Jones can't be matched up easily, and he's really starting to come into his own. The RAC ability he has makes him exceptionally dangerous on every route he runs. Harry Douglas as the wild card here really pushes the advantage towards the Falcons. He's shown his explosiveness and ability to make defenses pay for not covering him up the seam and over the middle, the guy is a big play waiting to happen. His biggest problem is Atlanta's OC can't call his way out of a wet paper bag.

RBs vs LBs
I'll give this edge to the Falcons again. The Giants have been plagued with injuries this season and that's really hurt the continuity in their line backer corps. Turner doesn't make tackling easy, and with guys like Snelling who is a brutal down hill runner, and Quizz who is just as strong as he is elusive, the Falcon RBs can really make life tough on the LBs. (If the DL occupies their blockers and prevents blocks from getting to the 2nd level, that will go a long way in neutralizing this advantage for the Falcons)

DL vs OL
Edge Giants. The Falcons have the potential on the DL to really cause problems for any offensive line, however, they simply don't do it consistently. If they show up, it'll be a tough task, but just as often as they have shown up for a game, they've disappeared in games. No pressure on Eli will give the Giants offense plenty of time to make the Falcons defense pay. The Giants OL has the athletes and the strength to neutralize the Falcon pass rush and force them to blitz, which Eli has become very good at beating.

LBs/S vs TEs/FB
Push. This one is tough, I want to lean towards the Falcons given Sean Weatherspoon's emergence as a big time linebacker, and Lofton has really anchored in the middle, but with Stephen Nicolas likely missing this game brings the squad down, because the Falcons' primary backup is on the IR. Leaving the start to a guy who's going to be getting only his 2nd NFL start, after not being able to become a starter in college. While athletic and strong the inexperience of Spencer Adkins makes this a push.

DBs vs WRs
Edge New York. The matchups are good for Atlanta, which isn't something they can say very often as their secondary has been abysmal at times. But Cruz vs Grimes should be a great matchup, Grimes cancels Cruz's greatest attributes, as they are his as well, and Robinson vs Nicks is going to be a battle of big strong guys who like to get physical. On paper this is a push, but in reality and execution, I give the edge to the Giants, who have had Eli Manning hot this year, and he can make the Falcon Secondary pay for any misstep.

RBs vs LBs
Push. Bradshaw is a massive headache for anyone to deal with, his change of direction and speed coupled with his toughness are just a tough combo for anyone to handle. Follow that up with Jacobs' size and strength and just brutal running your tackling had better be sound. The Falcons have tackled well ever since the Bears game, but it will be critical for the LBs to step up to cancel out the backfield of the Giants.

QBs:
This one is the toughest choice for me. I want can see an argument for every side here. Eli is playing on an elite level, Matt Ryan over the last month has been playing at a level that would rival anyone in the NFL. But Eli has been more consistent this season, despite his team's shortcomings, he's willing them on to comeback victories, but Matt Ryan has done the same. I hate to whimp out and say Push, so I won't give myself that option. I'm going to say that I think Matt Ryan has the potential to have a better game, but given the pass rush situations, I'm giving the edge to Eli. I hope I'm wrong, as a Falcons fan I want us to win this game, and I think it's going to be a good close matchup, but I have to give this edge to Eli for his more consistent performance this season.

Overall:
This game can absolutely go either way. I'll start by saying I hope the Falcons come out on top of a game for the ages.

my HOPEFUL prediction
Falcons 31 - Giants 30
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That really sucks then. Big advantage for Atlanta. Damn.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Part of the reason the Falcons record is much worse outdoors is the teams we've played outdoors. We have the Tampa Bay Bucs whom we always struggle with @ their place, no matter how awful they are. We played the Patriots and Steelers both outdoors as well. Vs some of the teams we've gotten indoors just aren't nearly as tough. Plus you have to factor in that literally every outdoor game we play is on the road. We play 0 home games outdoors. That's a huge part of any team's record in the NFL, you're supposed to win at home, and hope to split on the road, if you can do that you're 12-4 every year.

The Falcons and Giants both match up with each other very well, we have a CB with Grimes who can easily stick with Cruz, nothing against the guy he's been fantastic this year, down right nasty, but Grimes matches up with him perfectly physically. Dunta Robinson can be extremely physical with Hakeem on the other side, but can easily get beaten by Nicks' speed as well. On the flip side, you guys have an insane pass rush that is going to make Matt Ryan get the ball out quickly, and your DBs know it. They're going to be able to crowd up towards the line to make it tougher to run, while also better protecting against the short pass.

Ryan doesn't have elite arm strength, but is/was accustomed to playing in the cold weather from his Philly and BC Days. The threat of the deep ball to Julio will hopefully keep your defense honest, but it's going to be a big uphill battle for our offensive line to control the line of scrimmage against your elite pass rush.

Our defensive line outside of Abe and Babs have not produced much in terms of getting good consistent pressure, even those guys have struggled at being consistent. Our "big" free agent has had a couple of good games, and honestly looks at times like he's just plagued with little nagging injuries that are preventing him from playing at that level right now. We're going to need Edwards to step up big time, and I suspect he will given that he was used to playing more snaps in Minnesota than he does with Atlanta's regular season DL rotation.

I sort of see it like this:

ATL on the Left, NYG on the right

OL vs DL = edge Giants
If the Falcons can establish the run this will go a long way in helping balance and taking away that edge from the Giants, but if they can step up and make plays in the run, it could be a long day for Matt Ryan and the Falcons OL.

TE/FB vs LB/S
edge Falcons. I think in both the running and passing games the edge goes to the Falcons here. Tony brings massive consistency and the ability to 'always' be open because of his incredible range. If the Falcons can get their TEs and FBs into the 2nd level blocking up the LBs and Safeties then I think the ATL offense will be able to function at maximum potential.

WRs vs DBs
Edge Falcons. Roddy White has struggled with drops, but still caught 100 passes this season and went over 1000 yards yet again, he's a constant annoyance to defenders and you can't ever miss him on any plays or he's capable of making a big play. Julio Jones can't be matched up easily, and he's really starting to come into his own. The RAC ability he has makes him exceptionally dangerous on every route he runs. Harry Douglas as the wild card here really pushes the advantage towards the Falcons. He's shown his explosiveness and ability to make defenses pay for not covering him up the seam and over the middle, the guy is a big play waiting to happen. His biggest problem is Atlanta's OC can't call his way out of a wet paper bag.

RBs vs LBs
I'll give this edge to the Falcons again. The Giants have been plagued with injuries this season and that's really hurt the continuity in their line backer corps. Turner doesn't make tackling easy, and with guys like Snelling who is a brutal down hill runner, and Quizz who is just as strong as he is elusive, the Falcon RBs can really make life tough on the LBs. (If the DL occupies their blockers and prevents blocks from getting to the 2nd level, that will go a long way in neutralizing this advantage for the Falcons)

DL vs OL
Edge Giants. The Falcons have the potential on the DL to really cause problems for any offensive line, however, they simply don't do it consistently. If they show up, it'll be a tough task, but just as often as they have shown up for a game, they've disappeared in games. No pressure on Eli will give the Giants offense plenty of time to make the Falcons defense pay. The Giants OL has the athletes and the strength to neutralize the Falcon pass rush and force them to blitz, which Eli has become very good at beating.

LBs/S vs TEs/FB
Push. This one is tough, I want to lean towards the Falcons given Sean Weatherspoon's emergence as a big time linebacker, and Lofton has really anchored in the middle, but with Stephen Nicolas likely missing this game brings the squad down, because the Falcons' primary backup is on the IR. Leaving the start to a guy who's going to be getting only his 2nd NFL start, after not being able to become a starter in college. While athletic and strong the inexperience of Spencer Adkins makes this a push.

DBs vs WRs
Edge New York. The matchups are good for Atlanta, which isn't something they can say very often as their secondary has been abysmal at times. But Cruz vs Grimes should be a great matchup, Grimes cancels Cruz's greatest attributes, as they are his as well, and Robinson vs Nicks is going to be a battle of big strong guys who like to get physical. On paper this is a push, but in reality and execution, I give the edge to the Giants, who have had Eli Manning hot this year, and he can make the Falcon Secondary pay for any misstep.

RBs vs LBs
Push. Bradshaw is a massive headache for anyone to deal with, his change of direction and speed coupled with his toughness are just a tough combo for anyone to handle. Follow that up with Jacobs' size and strength and just brutal running your tackling had better be sound. The Falcons have tackled well ever since the Bears game, but it will be critical for the LBs to step up to cancel out the backfield of the Giants.

QBs:
This one is the toughest choice for me. I want can see an argument for every side here. Eli is playing on an elite level, Matt Ryan over the last month has been playing at a level that would rival anyone in the NFL. But Eli has been more consistent this season, despite his team's shortcomings, he's willing them on to comeback victories, but Matt Ryan has done the same. I hate to whimp out and say Push, so I won't give myself that option. I'm going to say that I think Matt Ryan has the potential to have a better game, but given the pass rush situations, I'm giving the edge to Eli. I hope I'm wrong, as a Falcons fan I want us to win this game, and I think it's going to be a good close matchup, but I have to give this edge to Eli for his more consistent performance this season.

Overall:
This game can absolutely go either way. I'll start by saying I hope the Falcons come out on top of a game for the ages.

my HOPEFUL prediction
Falcons 31 - Giants 30
Good breakdown. This game is a push to me. It really can go either way.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
That really sucks then. Big advantage for Atlanta. Damn.
What really sucks? A less than 50% chance of rain?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-04-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
What really sucks? A less than 50% chance of rain?
Yeah I posted that before I read the other posts. I thought it was going to be like in the 40s and rainy/snowy.

If that is the case, then that hurts us. If it's just cold, then we have the advantage.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Yeah I posted that before I read the other posts. I thought it was going to be like in the 40s and rainy/snowy.

If that is the case, then that hurts us. If it's just cold, then we have the advantage.
I got ya. Like I said earlier I'm not going to worry about the weather forecast just yet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-04-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:

Just curious why you think the cold gives you the advantage.

Key offensive pieces for Atlanta are from cold weather, Matt Ryan, Boston College, Michael Turner, NIU. Harry D is from Louisville which had some pretty bad weather as well.

I think the whole dome team in bad weather which typically fits, doesn't fit Atlanta simply because the offense is so well rounded they can win through the air or on the ground and they actually would prefer the ground game to take up the most slack.

Defensively, I don't think it makes a big difference for either team. A slow slippery nasty field is bad for everyone, and the Giants DL is still going to be a big problem no matter what.

Last edited by the_dark_knight : 01-04-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Just curious why you think the cold gives you the advantage.
Just the physical aspect of it. Our guys are accustomed to playing in it, your guys won't be. Schematically you guys are more equipped to play in it than we are, but physically, as much as guys have a history of playing in it in the past, when your body gets used to a certain weather, it gets shocked when you play in the cold no matter who you are.

So it is an advantage in that sense.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Just the physical aspect of it. Our guys are accustomed to playing in it, your guys won't be. Schematically you guys are more equipped to play in it than we are, but physically, as much as guys have a history of playing in it in the past, when your body gets used to a certain weather, it gets shocked when you play in the cold no matter who you are.

So it is an advantage in that sense.
I can see that, but it's been a pretty mild winter for you guys to this point so far as well hasn't it?

I think cold weather sucks for everyone, no matter if you're used to it or not, your lungs will still be on fire with that first gasp of icy air.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can see that, but it's been a pretty mild winter for you guys to this point so far as well hasn't it?

I think cold weather sucks for everyone, no matter if you're used to it or not, your lungs will still be on fire with that first gasp of icy air.
Eh, I think being used to it is a pretty large factor. I know having been raised in New England my entire life I was much more accustomed to the cold than when I moved down to South Carolina this year. I use to wear shorts when it was in the high 40's up here but after a super hot summer and warmer weather deep into November/December when the low 50's/high 40's came around I was freezing.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Eh, I think being used to it is a pretty large factor. I know having been raised in New England my entire life I was much more accustomed to the cold than when I moved down to South Carolina this year. I use to wear shorts when it was in the high 40's up here but after a super hot summer and warmer weather deep into November/December when the low 50's/high 40's came around I was freezing.
Sure, I can attest to that myself I lived in Arizona for a while, when I came back to the South East I thought winter was horrible. I think a lot of it will depend on the wind, and just how cold it makes it feel. Cause on the sidelines those guys are going to have heaters everywhere, it'll feel like the 60s, once they step on the field that'll be a different story. But Upper 30s, lower 40s just isn't that bad, especially geared up in all the new thermal stuff they have now.

I don't see it really being a plus for the Giants to be accustomed to the cold, since it's not going to be bitter cold like teens. Atlanta area is used to getting into the 20s and below especially over the last couple of really cold long winters.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the area doesn't matter, the difference is being a dome team. It doesn't matter if it's -20 outside if you're playing in a dome. Eli's more accustomed to the infamous East Rutherford winds whereas Matty Ice isn't. And even when it's not windy...it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The new stadium isn't as windy as the old one.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-04-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
the area doesn't matter, the difference is being a dome team. It doesn't matter if it's -20 outside if you're playing in a dome. Eli's more accustomed to the infamous East Rutherford winds whereas Matty Ice isn't. And even when it's not windy...it is.
Fair enough. But Eli doesn't really play well at home, do you think these conditions are part of why he plays better on the road? Plus isn't this a new stadium, while you guys have played 10/11 games in it now it's not quite "home" yet is it?

I agree it doesn't matter if you're playing in a dome, but if you're living in, and practicing in those temperatures which the Falcons do since their facility is outdoors, it's really not that big of a difference I wouldn't think. I could totally be wrong here, we don't get the same wind here as you guys do I'm sure, I expect that to play havoc with the passes for both teams. More so against the Falcons than the Giants as Eli has a bit of a stronger arm than Matt.

I'd give the adjustment edge to the Falcons WRs over the Giant WRs though. With Julio and Roddy we've got 2 WRs who really do a good job of getting to the ball if it's off the mark.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Cruz had a better season than Whote and Nicks had a better season than Jones so I'm not sure how you guys get the edge. At worst it's a push.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-04-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Cruz had a better season than Whote and Nicks had a better season than Jones so I'm not sure how you guys get the edge. At worst it's a push.
But when you go deeper than that Mario is better than Harry Douglas.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I don't know about that. Mario has been hurt and nonexistant the past 3 weeks.

And Barden is a bum. We really only have 2 reliable WRs right now.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I don't know about that. Mario has been hurt and nonexistant the past 3 weeks.

And Barden is a bum. We really only have 2 reliable WRs right now.
Yeah he's been hurt. But we know he can be a quality WR. Douglas had his best season this year. 39 catches 498 yards. Which is basically what Mario did, but we know Mario can be better.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Btw, can we all finally agree and put an end to the Ramses Barden is good train?

I think it's official that he sucks now. He's had more than enough time and opportunities to make his presence felt as our 3rd WR and bombed every time.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I think the fact that even when he was the 3rd WR for a game, he barely saw the field says enough. They'd split Ballard out wide before putting Barden out there. Beckum sees the field more.