Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-20-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2011/7/13...olb-washington

would love to have him across from Boley

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone seen a projection on where we will be above/below the cap?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw one on Bleacher Report where we are under by 7 Mill.

I'll go look for the link. I don't know how reliable that article would be though.

EDIT:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...agents/page/22

Bone Krusher, the best

Last edited by Malaka : 07-20-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read somewhere on BBI that it was 11 over
Old 07-20-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is Keith Bullock still mentioned as a key free agent for us and a key potential loss? We knew he was just a 1 year stop gap from day 1. He wasn't that good either so why is it such a big deal

Old 07-20-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My current preferred trade option for Osi is this

DE Osi Umenyiora for LB David Hawthorne (Seahawks) and a 2012 3rd round pick

Hawthorne signed on a 1 year deal and the Seahawks have plenty of talent at LB with Curry, Hill and Tatupu (plus drafted KJ Wright). Hawthorne has started two seasons 2009 at MLB (11 games) and 2010 at WLB (16 games) when Tatupu and Hill got hurt, passing 100 tackles in both seasons (223 tackles, 4 sacks, 4 ints, 5 FF and 2 FR) .

Hawthorne would be cheap with his one year 900k deal and weekly 50k roster bonuses, but we could equally sign him to an extension.

Hawthorne is the playmaker we badly need at WLB and which Boley frankly wasn't last year. Hawthorne would slide in at WLB with Boley flipping to SLB. With a better supporting cast at LB, Boley's play could be much improved. Also Sintim would compete with Boley, particularly on early downs.

trading Osi would save us somewhere around $3m (which could be used for Hawthorne's extension

--------------------------------------------------

I would still bring in a stud MLB with Tulloch on the top of my list as my one big signing.

Here is how I would ideally like to see our LB depth shape up something like:

SLB - Michael Boley, Clint Sintim/Adrian Tracy

MLB - Stephen Tulloch, Jon Goff, Greg Jones/Phillip Dillard

WLB - David Hawthorne, Jacquain Williams

--------------------------------------------------

As far as paying for this (and other moves), this is what I would do

cut Andrews (saving $7.3m), Bernard (saving $1.7m)

Contracts Reworked (wth 2011 salaries)

Corey Webster (8.0m), Eli Manning (8.5m), Brandon Jacobs (4.65m), Chris Canty (5.25m), Michael Boley (3.5m), Shaun O'Hara (3.45m), Sage Rosenfels (3.0m)

give McKenzie a one year extension, turning much of his 4.3m salary into bonuses

put the veteran $3mil exemption on Jacobs contract.

remember it is expected there will be a very big increase in the cap in 2013 due to increased revenue.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutting Andrews will save us 7.3 million this year, so he's pretty much a goner.

Unless we resign him for a smaller contract. But regardless, I'd be shocked if we didn't cut him.

That may free up another roster spot.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I'd like to see Andrews back at a cheaper salary, I think FO might deem a roster spot wasted on someone who's back is just so unpredicatable.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When he's healthy he's a beast, but let's face it, the guy is toast. Backs just don't magically heal on their own with time when they're as messed up as his is.

I'd love for him to prove me wrong (in a giants uniform of course), but i'm not holding my breathe.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

O'Hara might be a cap casualty as well and Seubert may start the year on P.U.P.

Also PFT saying there may not be as many cap casulties as we expect. It's all very confusing :)
Old 07-21-2011, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think cutting O'Hara is probably a wise decision for our team. Bc if he's back, he'll start, and I don't want him anywhere near the starting lineup.

Cutting him gives Koets a clear path to the starting lineup, and hopefully he's healthy enough to take advantage of it.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

We should be pretty active in FA on the OL then. At least for depth purposes.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Well if you think about it, depth wise, drafting Brewer washes the cutting of Andrews in terms of #s.

Now cutting O'Hara would free up a spot for a backup C. Which I'm in favor of, I'd like an insurance policy to Koets in case he hasn't recovered from his ACL.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

I would love to give the following guys a shot once camps open up:
Zack Pianalto, TE
Garrett Chisolm, OT
Kris O’Dowd, C
Jake Kirkpatrick, C
Mark Herzlich, LB
Kenny Rowe, LB
Alex Wujcak, LB
Nick Bellore, LB
Joe Lefeged, S
Jeron Johnson, S

Chisolm is a solid T, O'Dowd or Kirkpatrick would push Koets and be a nice fall back if he doesn't pan out. Herzy would be a great defensive leader at LB if he heals up. Lefeged would be great for our multi safety Defensive looks.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

I see no reason why we shouldn't look at O'Dowd or Kirkpatrick, Coughlin is on record saying we have a need at center.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Woah! O'Dowd went undrafted? Why?

I would love to grab him. It almost makes me angry that we didn't spend a 7th on the guy just to make sure we have his rights.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

I would be shocked if we didn't bring in O'Dowd, Kirkpatrick and Herzy

Old 07-21-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Why did O'Dowd go undrafted? Did he have some kind of injury?
Old 07-21-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Why did O'Dowd go undrafted? Did he have some kind of injury?
He has long history of injuries, especially regarding his knees. I guess teams just don't think he'll hold up to the brutality of the NFL game. It's a shame because when healthy I thought he was nearly as good as Alex Mack who went in the 1st.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

He was a top 2 round talent, but the injuries scared teams off. Kirkpatrick on the other hand was a 3-5th rounder IMO no clue how no one took him either did he have an injury history too?

Old 07-21-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we need to bring in lefeged. end of story
:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just decided to make a 53 man roster for the hell of it

Id really like to get Manny Lawson, but at the same time, we need to give Sintim a legitimate chance unless with a trade of Osi we'd bring Sintim to DE where he'd most likely be a better fit in 4-3.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 07-21-2011 at 08:36 PM.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
He was a top 2 round talent, but the injuries scared teams off. Kirkpatrick on the other hand was a 3-5th rounder IMO no clue how no one took him either did he have an injury history too?
Which is weird because I thought his knees weren't supposed to be much worse than Bowers', and while he doesn't have the dominant potential of Bowers O'Dowd could be a well above average starting C in the NFL if those knees can hold up for a little while.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

It can't hurt to bring him into camp.

I'm also on board with bringing Lefeged to camp too.

Bring both Centers and Lefeged. Shoot, Herzy too. Why not.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It can't hurt to bring him into camp.

I'm also on board with bringing Lefeged to camp too.

Bring both Centers and Lefeged. Shoot, Herzy too. Why not.

Actually, listening to the NFL network guys and such, it actually can hurt. Now with limits to practices and what you can do, that means less time on the field. So now, your 1st two units and rookies will be getting more reps than prior years, which was hard to begin with. So bringing in more people is a waste because you can't get a good look at them, because of the limited amount of time.

Accordingly to what I heard yesterday, some late round rookies may get cut just because teams may not have time to actually sit and develop them or even watch them because now they will be too busy implementing new stuff to the 1st/2nd and rookie units/players. So now, bringing in more players is a waste, from the standpoint that you may not have time to even get a good look at them because coaches will be too busy rushing to coach up other players.

That basically means, players who can step on the field from day 1 or more pro ready, can be signed and developed rather than the very good potential guy who needs couple years.

Mind you, this is from what I heard all day yesterday which Mike mayock brought up which makes sense. Bringing in more players, when reps are so limited would be a waste.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote