Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-11-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
He's had alot of drops against everyone not named the Chicago Bears haha
Drops are what's preventing him from being on the Gronk/Graham pedestal of TEs. The ability is there. But he has to catch the damn ball.

It will be interesting to see if Fewell runs more man vs you guys this time around. The last time our teams met Fewell was in full flown rush 3 cover 2 mode, unleashing what I call "the Perry Fewell special" all game long. Since then he's simplified the defense and has run more man coverages and basic cover 2 zones, without his complicated checks that require players to drop into different zones depending on the packages, formations, and motions.

He hasn't rushed 3 in a couple of games now, hopefully we don't see that garbage ever again.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we're going to see something similar to what he threw at the Pats in the SB even though that wasn't Fewell. Lots of press coverage and limited blitzing if the front 4 can do it's job. We need to hit Rodgers early and often even if it doesn't result in a sack.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Let's not get caught up in the moment. I love Chase, and hope he never puts on another uniform, but spending money on both of these guys would be foolish.

Giving out bad contracts gets you in cap hell. Can't do it.
psssh, they wouldn't be making over 2 mil combine a year haha. i'm not saying give 'em each 5 mil a year...I just want them hear forever. it's just that
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have this huge playoff game coming up but I feel like there's nothing to talk about it. I can't wait for Sunday.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-13-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We have this huge playoff game coming up but I feel like there's nothing to talk about it. I can't wait for Sunday.
I think we are silent in anticipation at this point.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I think we are silent in anticipation at this point.
Pretty much, I still expect Perry Fewell to go full ****** at any moment, for JPP to stop being able ot just dominate the way he has, for the running game to shove its head back up it's own ass and for some receivers to start getting confused...but god damn it do I want the giants to win this game. i didn't mind losing to the Falcons, or Saints, or even 49ers, but **** the god damn packers.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:16 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm concerned we are getting too much love in the media this week. The Packers are 15-1, yet a good amount of people are picking us to win. I don't like that at all, because we always seem to be better the fewer people believe in us.

I'm not expecting much this sunday, just please don't get blown out. Make it a close game at least.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It'll be a close game. I really really can't see us getting blow out but I guess you never know.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-14-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and so this is christmas...

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at all these TE making plays! I WANT ONE! I am jealous seeing all these guys tear it up! If it's a passing league, than by all means let's stock up even more for our offense!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Gilbride wouldn't use a TE like these other teams anyway. I want a big red zone threat like Fleener.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-14-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Gilbride wouldn't use a TE like these other teams anyway. I want a big red zone threat like Fleener.
Eli will. He uses Ballard and Ballard is slower than a 1 legged turtle. Let's get one and go from there. After seeing all these TEs working the middle of the field and doing damage, I want that! Passing league, and if we have a shot at one, then pull the trigger.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Eli will. He uses Ballard and Ballard is slower than a 1 legged turtle. Let's get one and go from there. After seeing all these TEs working the middle of the field and doing damage, I want that! Passing league, and if we have a shot at one, then pull the trigger.
I like our balance. I'm not one to waste such a high pick on a TE like that when we can strengthen other areas. If Fleener is there in the late 2nd ok but after him I'd rather just gamble late on someone else in the draft.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-14-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can get J-Mike and keep most of our keys guys....pull the trigger!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Look at all these TE making plays! I WANT ONE! I am jealous seeing all these guys tear it up! If it's a passing league, than by all means let's stock up even more for our offense!
I would really like to see Eli in a completely different offense, and a potent TE that gets utilized in the passing game primarily. I always felt it would drop his INT numbers down. I think in a different offense more people would recognize Eli's skills.

Brees threw the ball like 65 times for goodness sakes lol. That's nuts, but that's the era we are in now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

A different system would benefit a lot of our players but it's also hard to fault the system when we score the way we do. I used to absolutely hate it but now I 90% hate the system because it does work. The biggest benefactor would be Manningham and as you said Eli's INT's would drop a tad and his completion percentage would also go up. As Giants fans though we know what we have so it's all good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-14-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we do draft a TE this year I am hoping for Ladarius Green or Michael Egnew. Green is 6-6, 235, Egnew is 6-5, 245, and they both run about 4.6 40's. Adding either one of them opposite of Ballard would open up this offense a lot. Also, they could both be had in round 3-4.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
If we do draft a TE this year I am hoping for Ladarius Green or Michael Egnew. Green is 6-6, 235, Egnew is 6-5, 245, and they both run about 4.6 40's. Adding either one of them opposite of Ballard would open up this offense a lot. Also, they could both be had in round 3-4.
I don't know much about them right now but that sounds a lot better to me than taking a TE early.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-15-2012, 03:23 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finley? just putting it out there.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I've only seen bits and pieces of Egnew, but I love the things he does. He has the potential to be a really good TE in the league. Would definetly be down with him in round 3 or 4.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
He has a problem with the drops so he'd fit right in!! In all seriousness yes I would love to get Finley to the Giants. It's all going to depend on what our cap situation looks like though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-15-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I would really like to see Eli in a completely different offense, and a potent TE that gets utilized in the passing game primarily. I always felt it would drop his INT numbers down. I think in a different offense more people would recognize Eli's skills.

Brees threw the ball like 65 times for goodness sakes lol. That's nuts, but that's the era we are in now.
I would love that! Look at all these passing systems! Amazing TEs we saw yesterday. Well they just don't run the ball. Granted they were down, but they still threw the ball when they stabalized the game.

Coughlin has a boner for balance. I understand that, but in this new era, screw it! It's nice to run the ball, but that's where our identity gets interesting. I always said from day 1, I would love to see Eli in a different system. That's when we had Hufangel. He got fired, thank god. Now we have Gilbride/Coughlin, and I wish we can change it.

I think Eli would be even more productive in a different system.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
As I said before, Finley and keeping T2 and some other key guys would be great. Whether or not that's possible though, I don't know. If we can't afford him, a mid-round guy like Egnew or Green would be great.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AND IM OFF WORK TOMORROW, TODAY IS AWESOME
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations guys. :(

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote