Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-06-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!! They Did it!!

It has been a pleasure to share my passion of the Giants with you guys over the last few years. We come here all the time to discuss how the Giants can build a Championship team through the Draft and Free agency, and now we can sit back and enjoy a Championship team. There will still be tons to talk about because Reese has some tough choices to make this off-season, but pondering those choices wont come with the usual gravity because we have a Super Bowl champion. Enjoy it fellas, I know I will.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to the G-Men. Great season.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Made it to work 2 hours late. Whatever. This might be a gut reaction, but I think we need to resign Mario. If team bracket Cruz like they did last night, Nicks and Mario can't be stopped.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Mario is too hot and cold. If we can get him in for decent money, cool. He is still a home run talent. If this game gave him a big pay day somewhere else than sign another home run talent in free agency. Keep that model of 3 home run hitters at any given time.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I think Mario is too hot and cold. If we can get him in for decent money, cool. He is still a home run talent. If this game gave him a big pay day somewhere else than sign another home run talent in free agency. Keep that model of 3 home run hitters at any given time.
Yeah, I think that is the right way to approach this as well. But I would love to keep Mario here if his demands are not too great.

And we need to keep Terrell Thomas, because I think Ross is probably gone. He's going to get paid more somewhere else, and frankly, he should only be our 4th CB next year if Webster,Amukamara and Thomas all stay healthy.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Yeah, I think that is the right way to approach this as well. But I would love to keep Mario here if his demands are not too great.

And we need to keep Terrell Thomas, because I think Ross is probably gone. He's going to get paid more somewhere else, and frankly, he should only be our 4th CB next year if Webster,Amukamara and Thomas all stay healthy.
I agree but we need to see where he is.. he hurt the same knee twice. That's not a good sign. Same with hixon! Last thing i want is to collect injured players. We need to bring in health guys and draft healthy guys and then let whatever happens happens.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Jerry Reese and Acorsi before him.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Re-sign Mario for the right price. I think with so many WRs on the market, we should get him for a good price. So hopefully we re-sign him.

At first I thought we were better off letting him go and bringing Steve back (Stevey <3) bc he's more reliable, but I've realized that our offense is so vertical and having 3 deep threats makes it so much more dangerous. We have to have those 3 deep threats. It's what makes our offense tick.

Plus chemistry and cohesion are so important in this sytem. It's a system that takes years to master and chemistry btw WR and Qb is essential to it's success. So keeping Mario and keeping that chemistry is important.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I never was a fan of the wig, but good lord, his all in move to go after Eli, is making my opinion of him better and better. I have to give props to the wig, for his boner for Eli. He saw something and went after him.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, as much as we dislike him at times, we're married to Kevin Gilbride. It's the only offense Eli knows, there's no way you get rid of the system or Gilbride now. He's gotta be our OC as long as Eli is our qb, which means Gilbride will be our OC for a long long time.

He's not an awful OC. He's hot and cold, he's brilliant at times, he's awful at times. I also feel that we just play better when Eli runs the show. But it's still the only system Eli knows. You gotta keep it. Him and Gilbride have been working for too long to blow it up now.

We just have to draft players that fit the system. That's all.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Btw, Chase Blackburn is one of my top 5 favorite Giants of all time. Love him. We better bring him back. Should have never let him go. He's always been a great backup and great special teamer.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we also need to give Chase Blackburn a 10 year contract. No, but seriously

WE POSTED AT THE SAME TIME BBD!

My love of Chase Blackburn has been well documented here and my god I love the guy. He's up there with me as well. He might be #3 behind Armstead and Strahan. seriously
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Also, as much as we dislike him at times, we're married to Kevin Gilbride. It's the only offense Eli knows, there's no way you get rid of the system or Gilbride now. He's gotta be our OC as long as Eli is our qb, which means Gilbride will be our OC for a long long time.

He's not an awful OC. He's hot and cold, he's brilliant at times, he's awful at times. I also feel that we just play better when Eli runs the show. But it's still the only system Eli knows. You gotta keep it. Him and Gilbride have been working for too long to blow it up now.

We just have to draft players that fit the system. That's all.
No, but the situational play calling is beyond frustrating! Stop with the god damn draws please! can we throw the ball in the red zone and actually have an aggressive killer instinct? I like our passing concepts in general but I always hated our situational play calling!!
Old 02-06-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Twins!!!

It still hasn't hit me yet. Like, when we won in 07 I was on cloud 9. This one feels different. It's almost like I feel like I was expecting this 2nd one. I went nuts, don't get me wrong, but it just hasn't hit me yet.

And I feel like Eli has 1 more SB left in him. He's 31, he has anywhere from 5 to 7 years left in him (knock on wood), he has 1 more SB in him.

Cherish the moment guys. It's so damn hard to win a SB, and we've had the privalege of watching 2 in 4 years. We won't have these opportunities forever. Enjoy it.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
No, but the situational play calling is beyond frustrating! Stop with the god damn draws please! can we throw the ball in the red zone and actually have an aggressive killer instinct? I like our passing concepts in general but I always hated our situational play calling!!
I hear you. I'm not the biggest fan in the world with it either. But ****, we won 2 SBs. What more do you want from the guy? Nobody is perfect. Let the other offenses rack up stats, I could care less. I want SBs. And Gilbride helped bring us 2 in 4 years.

Whatever he's doing, it's working.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on hitting it BIG yesterday guys! ...and when I say big, I mean BIIIIIIG!!!!

Guess what... remember when I said that you guys didn't reach the ultimate goal when you won your Super Bowl a few years ago? I was right then. ...and I'm right now, and I think you guys will see it more clearly too... with yesterday's win, you achieved ultimate NFL greatness. You are not just a one and done, one hit wonder that will quickly be forgotten. But rather, you achieved DYNASTY status. This team has earned their way into belonging in the same aire as the great dynasties of NFL lore. ...and it may not stop here, which is the amazing thing! Congratulations on reaching the top.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I can't believe we are 1 SB behind Dallas. When I used to look at Dallas's 5 SB it seemed like a HUGE lead when we had 2. Not that I was comparing, but just marveled at Dallas's success. 5 is so much! Damn that's a lot. Now we have 4 which I am so happy we have. That's a lot of super bowls especially now winning 2 in the free agency era where there are no dynasties and both conferences are closer in talent than pre free agency era.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I hear you. I'm not the biggest fan in the world with it either. But ****, we won 2 SBs. What more do you want from the guy? Nobody is perfect. Let the other offenses rack up stats, I could care less. I want SBs. And Gilbride helped bring us 2 in 4 years.

Whatever he's doing, it's working.
Yeah very true. But at the time, my dad and I were screaming at the tv! I told my dad, watch the draw, and boom draw to bradshaw going no where. That drives me bonkers! I am glad we have 2 SBs, very, very, happy! I just feel if we tweaked some stuff we could really be that much more lethal. I guess self scouting and fine tunning things.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Any guesses on who the 3 guys will be on America's Game?

I think Tuck is a lock to be 1 of the 3. The other 2, I'm not sure. Could be Cruz, Rolle, Gilbride, Bradshaw, Diehl, maybe Osi.

Tuck is a lock to be 1 of the 3 though.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Any guesses on who the 3 guys will be on America's Game?

I think Tuck is a lock to be 1 of the 3. The other 2, I'm not sure. Could be Cruz, Rolle, Gilbride, Bradshaw, Diehl, maybe Osi.

Tuck is a lock to be 1 of the 3 though.
Thought about this myself today as well. I think Tuck and Cruz are locks. The NFL seems to LOVE the Victor Cruz experience, and rightly so. The third can really be anyone, but me personally, I'm hoping it's Rolle.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Random thought: I'd love to see us wear the 80s throwback jerseys this season for a couple of games.

I loved the 80s road whites. And the deep blue helmet that essentially looked black.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Thought about this myself today as well. I think Tuck and Cruz are locks. The NFL seems to LOVE the Victor Cruz experience, and rightly so. The third can really be anyone, but me personally, I'm hoping it's Rolle.
I agree. I would love to hear from Rolle. He was the vocal leader we have been craving. Osi is a leader too, but the injuries and the contract dispute really muted his ability to lead. It seems that he bought into TC's style which helped forge the team. TC said in an interview last week, that Antrelle was telling the others that TC's style has worked so they should listen.

TC won his team over in 2007, but there are a lot of new faces so Rolle being apart of that new crew, I think played a part in getting those guys to buy in.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

I am also excited to see how next year's defense is going to look. We have Marvin Austin aka Mr. 3 Tech. and Prince with a full off-season under his belt. Like mentioned earlier, you pair that with TT and you have something there. Boy would I like a Mike, but Whatever.....maybe Taz drops to us....I hope I hope I Hope.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I really want Lofton in FA. It would open up the draft for us in so many ways. I feel that Lofton is better than every MIKE prospect in this draft anyway outside of Keuchly. Heck, even Luke is probably going to wind up being no better than Lofton with his ceiling anyway.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just decided i'm skipping classes tomorrow to go to the parade

yeahhhh big bue!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote