Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-26-2011, 06:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts like their Rutgers players.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:01 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Great News Guys! Kirkpatrick, O'Dowd, Herzy, and Lefeged have all been signed and the only UDFA we signed is Jarriel King , OT, South Carolina.
You should be happy to get King. He's very projectionable...he's massive, he's a very impressive/superior athlete for his size, 36 1/2" arms, possesses great power. He has all the tools necessary to make a roster, and he can play LT. He could certainly play G as well with the power he posseses, and his footwork inconsistencies.

Obviously he went undrafted for a reason, though. He still hasnt put it all together yet. He could be dominant at times, but he didnt sustain this. He can be a little slow off the snap, but that can be corrected. He's been no stranger to off the field incidents and he had a heart condition health scare. But he's been cleared of that red flag. I like him at T, the athletic ability is there, he just needs some coaching yet, to sound up the techincal side of things.

But yeah, King's a solid get, with a lot of untapped potential.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-26-2011 at 07:06 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're not going to have many roster spots available this year so it's going to be very interesting to see who makes it to the Practice Squad.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2011, 08:28 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea don't get me wrong, King was a good signing and I'm happy with it, but missing out on both centers, and Herzy sucks.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanted us to get one of the Centers. So I'm bummed about that.

The rest...let's be honest, none of us know if any of these UDFAs will amount to anything. The FO knows alot more than we do about this.

Sounds like Boss wants to test the market. I don't think he'll like what he sees. With Miller and Heap out there, Boss's market value isn't that high.

Bradshaw could potentially go to the Dolphins too. It's btw us and the Dolphins, at least that's what the rumormill is saying.

If Dallas botched up the Doug Free situation, I'd love to take him off their hands. Free at LT, move Diehl to RT, Petrus at LG, Koets at C and Snee at RG.

Sounds like a very solid oline to me.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt Petrus would be trusted.

In the unlikely scenario we do get a LT in FA/trade. Diehl to LG, keep McKenzie at RT.

The question is, does Beatty take over, or is he proving to be just a swing tackle.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coughlin LOVES Petrus.

I'm wondering if McKenzie might be a cap casualty. Beatty, I just don't trust him. And the fact that the Giants were hot for Nate Solder in the draft makes me worried too, bc that must mean they have their concerns about Beatty as well.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, Coughlin praises a lot of players. Not all will be starters.

McKenzie may be a bit of an injury risk right now, but I'd think we'd be surprised at the drop off to another player. He has been a steady presence.

Really OL and LB are the only two places I can really see us spending anything on (assumption from me, Bradshaw resigns).

Another person I wouldn't mind looking at is Justin Durant, I don't think he'll be expensive.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I really don't want Nicholas. I don't see how signing average LBs solves anything for us.

If we do sign him, that's a big time sign by the organization that they don't believe in Sintim.

And if that's the case, there's no guarantee he makes the team. He's in year 3 now, it could be put up or shut up time for Sintim. I don't think his issues are talent related. It seems like he has work ethic and attitude problems, from the clues you get when reading btw the lines when Coughlin and Reese talk about him.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God, I hope we retain Bradshaw. He really is a spark in our offense, and I think his fumbling issues will be solved this year.

And guys, what happens if we can't retain Boss? Who the hell is going to play TE for us? Pascoe/Beckum...?

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Herz to the Giants!

I really hope he can turn it around. He's no guarantee to make the team though. But Lord knows I'm rooting hard for him.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants potentially have the 2 biggest success stories, Chad Jones and Mark Herzlich!

Old 07-26-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Giants potentially have the 2 biggest success stories, Chad Jones and Mark Herzlich!
How many extra wins do we get for that?
Old 07-26-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
How many extra wins do we get for that?
over 9000,

Old 07-26-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Chad still hurts. That was a 3rd round pick in the deepest draft in recent memory.

We could have had Jimmy Graham, Tony Moeki.

Geno Atkins </3.

I know hindsight is 20/20, and at the time it was a great pick. The Chad Jones situation is just unfortunate.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

So Herz to the Ravens was premature. Great to have Herz on the team. He's going to be out to prove he can play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Nooooooooooooo!

We cut Richy!

<///////3
Old 07-26-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Nooooooooooooo!

We cut Richy!

<///////3
Apparently he was the first one that reported too.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Man that sucks. Hell of a Giants and I wish him the best.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We got Martin Parker, DT, too? Supposedly was a beast at Richmond.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see Rich coming back for depth at a reduced salary. That guy just loves to play. He strikes me as the type who would consider playing for free.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I could see Rich coming back for depth at a reduced salary. That guy just loves to play. He strikes me as the type who would consider playing for free.
Yeah I have a feeling he'll be re-signed for cheap. Wasn't he the longest tenured Giant?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah I have a feeling he'll be re-signed for cheap. Wasn't he the longest tenured Giant?
He was. If he can't pass a physical no other team will be signing him so I'm sure at some point if he can play he'd take the vet minimum.

Osi's the next longest tenured I believe. Cut him and it might be Eli. Actually it would be Diehl, just looked.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
He was. If he can't pass a physical no other team will be signing him so I'm sure at some point if he can play he'd take the vet minimum.
Either that or if we need him during the season he'd be a phone call away.

I have this list of UDFA's signed so far:

Boston College LB Mark Herzlich tweets he is officially a Giant.
South Carolina OL Jarriel King per @NFLDraftInsider on Twitter.
Pittsburgh FB Henry Hynoski per nepatriotsdraft.com. The Newark Star-Ledger is reporting Hynoski has agreed to terms with the Giants.
Iowa State SS David Sims per what's believed to be his Twitter page.
Richmond DT Martin Parker per Star-Ledger.
Oregon LB Spencer Paysinger per what's believed to be his Twitter page.
Florida DE Justin Trattou per Star-Ledger.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Trattou could be interesting. Although I have no idea where he would play. He has a weird body type. Kind of a DT/DE tweener. Played 3-4 DE, that might be his best spot although obviously not with us.

Nevermind, apparently he is extremely undersized for DT. I could have sworn thats how Florida used him.