Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-28-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You want a 3 down Mike bc you want players who are versatile enough to play vs the no huddle with minimal substitutions. Its a huge advantage to keep your field general on the field all 3 downs. It allows for more versatile play calling vs no huddle.

You want a 3 down Mike, a Sam who can play de in nickel, and a LE who can play dt in nickel. That makes your defense very versatile with minimal substitutions. You'd essentially just have to switch out a cb for a nt when needed.
The Mike doesn't need to be the captain of the defense anymore. Boley clearly knows the D the best and is our field general out there. If he's on the field without a true Mike then we are fine. If you we think Boley can play all 3 LB positions there really is no need for a true MLB. In today's NFL you switch out a lot anyway especially us with the depth we have.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

"Coughlin says Osi will definitely be a Giant in 2012. "I'm not thinking of anything else" other than Umenyiora returning to the team." Per Bart Hubbuch interview with TC
Bostonblows91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to miss Jacobs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-28-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
stillma7ic
Rookie

stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh this has got be the most disrespected Superbowl Champion team since the 07 Giants. I know we like to go under the radar but this as a fan I can't help but get upset. The Around the Horn discussion about how the NFL opener should not involve the Giants put me over the top.
stillma7ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillma7ic View Post
Ugh this has got be the most disrespected Superbowl Champion team since the 07 Giants. I know we like to go under the radar but this as a fan I can't help but get upset. The Around the Horn discussion about how the NFL opener should not involve the Giants put me over the top.
I don't have a problem with it at all. By now, we should be more comfortable as fans the less the media talks about us. If there's one thing I have learned from these past five years of being a Giants fan, it is that no hype = better chances of succeeding for them.

Let the media hype up Tim Tebow and the Cowboys and whoever as much as they like. The last time we were disrespected after winning a Super Bowl, we were the best team in the NFL until Plax shot himself.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

How did you become a Giants fan Norwegian?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-29-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I absolutely love the new rings.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-29-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is the details if Curtis Lofton's deal with the saints.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/pos...s-loftons-deal

It is a pity we couldn't work out that kind of deal, it would have been good value
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post

It is a pity we couldn't work out that kind of deal, it would have been good value
Come on you know how Reese works.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-30-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
How did you become a Giants fan Norwegian?
By coincidence, actually!

I have always been a major sports idiot since I was a little boy, and follow a lot of sports very closely(Soccer, Cycling,all winter sports, Tennis,etc).So much so that I am currently studying to become a sports journalist. In the last days of January 2008 I read an article in a Norwegian newspaper about the NFL. I didn't know anything about football at the time, but I was intrigued by the sport in general. So that night I decided to stay up and watch the AFC and NFC conference championships.

First up was Chargers-Pats. I watched that game, but it was a boring game with lots of field goals and little offense( which is what you first notice when you're a noob :p) and I was so bored and sleepy that I fell asleep on the couch before the Giants-Packers game.

Two weeks later, it was time for Super Bowl XLII. I decided to stay up with my dad and a friend and watch the game, even though I found the first ever game I saw pretty boring. So I decided to root for the underdog, the Giants. The Patriots bored me, and they were undefeated. You never root for undefeated teams unless you are a fan. Little did I know that this game would lead to countless of sleepless nights in front of the computer, cursing players and referees at the other side of the globe.

After that game, I was hooked. I mean, think about it yourselves. If that was the "first" NFL game you saw, you would have been hooked as well. And you would probably be Giants fans, like I became that night.

I guess that kind of makes me a bandwagon fan, lol. But I am not planning on jumping ship until the day I die. I am a Giants fan for life now, and I have seen every game the Giants have played, Preseason, Regular season and Postseason since then. And football is now my favorite sport, even more so than soccer. It's sort of frowned upon in Europe :p

Quote:
Old 03-30-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Excellent story. You have good timing and chose well. We just need you to root for Rutgers football as a college team and you'll be set!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-30-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post

Yea but the longer the market drags on the cheaper these guys get, maybe we could get hawthorne on a cheap deal, unlikely but he'd be a welcome addition, and so long after free agency started he'll probably take a pretty cheap deal somewhere.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
By coincidence, actually!

I have always been a major sports idiot since I was a little boy, and follow a lot of sports very closely(Soccer, Cycling,all winter sports, Tennis,etc).So much so that I am currently studying to become a sports journalist. In the last days of January 2008 I read an article in a Norwegian newspaper about the NFL. I didn't know anything about football at the time, but I was intrigued by the sport in general. So that night I decided to stay up and watch the AFC and NFC conference championships.

First up was Chargers-Pats. I watched that game, but it was a boring game with lots of field goals and little offense( which is what you first notice when you're a noob :p) and I was so bored and sleepy that I fell asleep on the couch before the Giants-Packers game.

Two weeks later, it was time for Super Bowl XLII. I decided to stay up with my dad and a friend and watch the game, even though I found the first ever game I saw pretty boring. So I decided to root for the underdog, the Giants. The Patriots bored me, and they were undefeated. You never root for undefeated teams unless you are a fan. Little did I know that this game would lead to countless of sleepless nights in front of the computer, cursing players and referees at the other side of the globe.

After that game, I was hooked. I mean, think about it yourselves. If that was the "first" NFL game you saw, you would have been hooked as well. And you would probably be Giants fans, like I became that night.

I guess that kind of makes me a bandwagon fan, lol. But I am not planning on jumping ship until the day I die. I am a Giants fan for life now, and I have seen every game the Giants have played, Preseason, Regular season and Postseason since then. And football is now my favorite sport, even more so than soccer. It's sort of frowned upon in Europe :p

Great story! We're proud to have you as a fellow Giant fan. Try to stop by and watch a game at the stadium one day.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:37 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Excellent story. You have good timing and chose well. We just need you to root for Rutgers football as a college team and you'll be set!
Haha, I can root for Rutgers! Don't know much about the team or the college, but most of you guys in here roots for them, so that's enough for me! Sadly, It's really hard to find good ways to watch college football in Norway. We have a channel called ESPN America, which airs college games, but my stupid cable provider refuses to broadcast that channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Great story! We're proud to have you as a fellow Giant fan. Try to stop by and watch a game at the stadium one day.
That's a goal of mine, and it will happen! Possibly this fall, actually! Me and my roommate are planning a trip to NYC, and I managed to talk him into going to a Giants-game! We are also planning on going to a game at Madison Square Garden, probably a hockey game since my roommate is half swedish and a big hockey nut.

If it happens I might need you guys to answer some basic questions about where to sit in the stadiums, how to get there, etc. It would be nice if some of us could meet up for a beer as well!

Quote:
Old 03-31-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like rings to be more football/oval shaped or square shaped. The circular shaped rings looks stupid in my opinion when compared to prior SB rings.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is Dan DePalma? Only the Giantsí secret weapon in practice

http://nfl.si.com/2012/02/02/who-is-...n-in-practice/
Old 04-02-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giants signed DB Stevie Brown.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-02-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Giants signed DB Stevie Brown.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

DB from the Colts. I never heard of him either.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-02-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wouldn't mind if we can re-sign McKenzie on a 1 year contract. There's no interest in him anywhere else, maybe we can get him cheap on a 1 year contract.

Gives Brewer another year to refine his craft before we insert him into the lineup, or we can draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd and develop him for a year while McKenzie gives us 1 more good year.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Eli and family.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Victor Cruz says 'holdout' from Giants not in his vocabulary
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...dout_from.html
Old 04-04-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Beckum said on twitter that his doctor said there's a good chance he'll be back for start of new season
Old 04-04-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Not that it really matters but we're playing @Jags, @Jets, Bears, and Pats in the preseason.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-04-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as we don't lose to the Jags or Jets I don't care. Jags because they suck so much and Jets so we don't hear **** from ignorant Jet fans who think a pre-season win means something.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote