Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-11-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I can live with that. I hope this doesn't include a contract extension though. Bc I wouldn't extend him until he proves himself.
Yeah I have no problems with that. If he stays healthy we probably all of a sudden have one of the more athletic LB core in the league.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garafolo already reporting an extension will NOT happen.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-11-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah I have no problems with that. If he stays healthy we probably all of a sudden have one of the more athletic LB core in the league.
They'll probably rework his deal because he has just over 2M cap hit as it stands, with 3M and change being our cap room. If they extend him on the cheap i don't really mind.
Bostonblows91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Garafolo already reporting an extension will NOT happen.
where do you see this?
Old 04-11-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ralph V. reporting a 5th for Rivers. I think it's a very good deal.
Do you have a link? I just want to read the article or what not.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Do you have a link? I just want to read the article or what not.
Sorry only on Twitter right now. BBI has the actual tweet up from Mike G. though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-11-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, so Ralph wrote it on twitter? Yeah, I saw the Mike G one, but didn't realize he put the potential pick up too. I thought it was a general, the deal is almost done, but details are still working out, and that whole same speech.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Oh, so Ralph wrote it on twitter? Yeah, I saw the Mike G one, but didn't realize he put the potential pick up too. I thought it was a general, the deal is almost done, but details are still working out, and that whole same speech.
Nope both have confirmed it's pretty much a done deal for the 5th.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-11-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still want Mychal Kendricks, Sean Spence or Bobby Wagner. Although I don't mind waiting until the third round now.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't think we look LB unless there is a huge value guy on the board. We now have Kiwi, Williams, Boley, Rivers, Herz, Sintim, and Paysinger. That's some pretty good depth.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-11-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rivers for a 5th is awesome. I'm excited for it. That comp pick cushions it as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

By the way Ballard also had microfracture surgery when they replaces his ACL. Can you imagine how slow he's really going to be now? His career might be done.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-11-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, that really, really sucks. he was so damn good for us last year. Pascoe needs to step up as a blocking TE for us now and Martellus needs to play well
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Reese seems busy today

Giants sign Sean Locklear per his Twitter account.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

A little O-Line depth.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-11-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

apparently the giants told him to come in and be ready to compete for the right tackle spot. interesting
Quote:
Old 04-11-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Does the Rivers trade signify that we're moving Kiwi back to full time DE since Tolly left?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-11-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

that's a good point Zak. We've got Williams-Boley-Rivers out there, and hopefully we bring Chase back on run downs (because the 3 others aren't great run stuffers) and make our rotation of DE's unreal with Osi-Tuck-JPP and Kiwi possibly.

and on the line, we've got Diehl-Petrus-Baas-Snee-Brewer/Locklear

who knows where we're going to look in the draft and where on the line we feel we need to improve.

Hell, with those 3 "coverage" type LBers, I think DT in the first might be a bigger possibilty, as you all were advocating and I was originally against.
Quote:
Old 04-11-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I've read that Rivers was pretty good against the run even though he was more known as a coverage guy. If so we're starting to bring in some really rounded LBs now where in the past they usually just excelled at either the run or the pass.

Jughead has probably seen Rivers play the most lately so I'm wondering what he says whenever he chimes in.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-11-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've read that Rivers was pretty good against the run even though he was more known as a coverage guy. If so we're starting to bring in some really rounded LBs now where in the past they usually just excelled at either the run or the pass.

Jughead has probably seen Rivers play the most lately so I'm wondering what he says whenever he chimes in.
I don't watch the Ravens that much. Especially if they play at the same time as the Giants. Isn't Rivers always hurt? I know Hines Ward broke his jaw that one time. I know the Ravens play the Bengals Week 17 and I kind of half ass watched because it didn't really matter for the Ravens. Can't remember seeing them play the other time.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 04-11-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I don't watch the Ravens that much. Especially if they play at the same time as the Giants. Isn't Rivers always hurt? I know Hines Ward broke his jaw that one time. I know the Ravens play the Bengals Week 17 and I kind of half ass watched because it didn't really matter for the Ravens. Can't remember seeing them play the other time.
ugh, then what good are you to us?!?!
Quote:
Old 04-11-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I guess we move Kiwi back to DE, and in some instances he can play LB too. But now I see him taking Tolly's spot.

So maybe:

Tuck, JPP, Osi, and Kiwi

LBs: Williams, Boley, Rivers ( if healthy)

Maybe if Mark H. or Jones step up than they play MIKE. If not, then that's a lot of speed at LB mixed with a great DL. I like that potential. Now we just have to make sure fewell doesn't do anything stupid.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants sign CB Antwaun Molden
Old 04-11-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Quote:
Does the Rivers trade signify that we're moving Kiwi back to full time DE since Tolly left?
Highly, highly doubt that.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonblows91 View Post
Highly, highly doubt that.
Any reasoning?

sig by BoneKrusher