Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-01-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Yeah but he wasn't really great at either.
He had an above average year from everything I saw. It's to hard to judge OL on our own team never mind others.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pretty much see no way Petrus is starting when we break camp unless there are injuries. In fact, I'd go as far to say that it is more likely that he is cut then a starter beaking camp.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

so does this suggs injury rekindle their pursuit of umenyiora?? I'll take a 2nd rounder thx
Bostonblows91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also my first reaction to the Will Smith suspension was they could be interested in Osi. Their DE's kind of suck with Smith and are abysmall without him.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have no one to replace Osi now so we're better off just keeping him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-05-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So as you guys know, I've probably been Randle's biggest supporter in our team forum. I never really gave a legitimate reason why, I never really broke him down so I'll do that now.

First and foremost, I have to admit, he grew on me even more after I went back and watched his games over again. He's awfully similar to Hakeem Nicks, both on tape, and also on how he grew on me. When I first scouted Nicks, I was like eh, he's good but not great. Then when I went back and studied Nicks more, I saw all the little things that made him great, and I realized what the scouts saw in him. Nicks was deceptively fast, had a great ability to time his jumps and catch the ball, and great awareness on the field both recognizing the defense and the situations.

When I went back and studied Randle, I saw all of the same things. And it's true, what Ross and Reese said about Randle is true, he's awfully similar to Hakeem Nicks on tape.

I'm basing my evaluation of Reuben Randle on 3 games: 2 games vs Alabama this year and 1 game vs Florida.

What makes Randle great is he is NFL ready. He's run the complete route tree, he's lined up inside, outside, he's gone deep, he's ran comebacks, he's run drags, he's done it all. He's a very solid route runner.

And most importantly in our system, he's got incredible recognition skills. Very aware of when he's the hot receiver, he knows how to sit in zones, he has great recognition skills of what the defense is doing. He knows how to release off press man, he knows how he should release against off man/zone, etc.

One play that really stood out to me was vs Alabama. Alabama was in Tampa 2, and Randle ran a go with outside release. He easily got his release (set him up with an inside jut, then released outside), and when he ran past the CB, he slowed down enough that he could sit in that empty hole and caught the ball, then broke a couple of tackles and got some YAC. I know that sounds routine, but as a college player, to recognize the Tampa coverage, and slow your route and sit like that is impressive. Most guys would just run their go full speed. He didn't. Again, a perfect example of how he's built for our system.

He absolutely destroyed Florida. Destroyed them. They had no answer for him. He's deceptively fast, this guy is a long strider, he's excellent at setting his guys up and he can get separation. Very similar to how Nicks gets open deep. I implore all of you to go back, and just watch how he releases off the line. Just watch his release. Very fast, very smooth, very technical. His game is so similar to Nicks its scary. Watch how he gets YAC, how he catches the ball, everything about his game is very similar to Nicks.

Another play that stood out to me was vs Alabama, where he ran a square in, and again, recognized the quarters coverage and sat. In fact he was smacking his hands together before he even sat, he knew exactly where he was going to be open and was demanding the ball before he even got there. Again, great recognition skills.

He's football fast just like Nicks. Doesn't run a great 40, but he's a long strider with a quick release, his size and strength present a big mismatch for most corners, if not all, and he's constantly getting separation down field. Against Alabama, he was open a lot, but he just couldn't get the ball. Isolate the player and watch the player. Randle had a great game, the rest of his offense didn't.

Nicks, Cruz and Randle are all similar in how they are able to get deep. None of them are pure burners, but they're strong, they know how to box out and time their jumps, they have great hands and body control, and they know how to set up their guys. And most importantly, they're football fast with great releases off the LOS.

I'm telling you, this guy is legit. I'm putting my stamp on him. I've done a decent amount of scouting on him, and I like everything I see. I had him graded as a 1st round talent, and I think he's going to be a very good player for us. It might take a year for the lights to come on, but we got a gamer.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For good measure I also went back and studied Sanu. And what Mayock says about Sanu is true, he's not getting separation. He's always catching the ball in traffic.

Now I do think that Sanu's speed is underrated, and I think this might be another Nicks/Britt situation where both wind up great but we chose the better of the 2. I don't think Sanu is gonna be a thug like Britt of course, Sanu is a model citizen.

But he doesn't get separation. For whatever reason, he just always catches the ball in traffic. And I don't understand why. He's not slow. Maybe his top gear is slow, but he's fine off the line and he looks fast. But he's just not separating. I can't explain it.

But long story short, we absolutely took the better WR.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I trust Reese and Ross enough to acknowledge that he's a talented kid, and again I trust them to have done all they could do to figure out if his head n heart are into it, but I just got a bad feeling about him, about how focused he is and how close to that ceiling he gets. I just got the feeling that he got complacent because of the awful QB play he received. If his focus and fire comes n goes at the next level I just don't see him ever playing at that nicks n Cruz like level. Just feels like he'll end up inconsistent like Mario, even if it is for completely different reasons.

Then again I don't have a great reason to feel this way beyond a feeling while watching him n some rumors/reports that support that feeling, but I hope to see him prove me wrong n would love to see him reach that upside with our team.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't buy the Nicks comparison. When Nicks was in college you can just tell that he was a beast. I don't see any of that Randle.

I am obviously rooting for him but I think comparing him to Nicks when he came out of college isn't accurate.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm not worried about effort at all. He's gonna play with Eli now.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I still don't buy the Nicks comparison. When Nicks was in college you can just tell that he was a beast. I don't see any of that Randle.

I am obviously rooting for him but I think comparing him to Nicks when he came out of college isn't accurate.
I guess poor man's Nicks is more accurate. But the qualities of his game are very similar to Nicks.

Nicks also had much better qb play. Like...alot better.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Yeah but he wasn't really great at either.
Baas has always had the same problem.....he cant stay healthy long enough to play well enough(if that makes any sense). Alot of Niner fans wanted Baas to get a shot center for years but we had a pretty decent one in Heitman. So we kept him at OG, hoping the light would come on but all we got was missed games and lackluster play. Once Heitman broke his leg, he was really never the same so in the off-season 2010 we gave Baas a crack at Center. He impressed the coaches and he became the starter there and went on to have a solid season, mostly in part because he stayed healthy the entire year. But I never thought Baas was necessarily our answer at Center. He's limited athletically and his feet are always going to hinder him. He has good power for the position and if you can keep him downhill he's cool, but I wasn't sure he could handle alot of the movement the WCO requires at the Center position.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I guess poor man's Nicks is more accurate. But the qualities of his game are very similar to Nicks.

Nicks also had much better qb play. Like...alot better.
First off didnt recgonize you with the new sig lol

Second TJ Yates was his qb in college he didn't exactly light the College football world on fire.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We have no one to replace Osi now so we're better off just keeping him.
How so? we could simply slide Kiwanuka back to DE
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
First off didnt recgonize you with the new sig lol

Second TJ Yates was his qb in college he didn't exactly light the College football world on fire.
Yeah we needed to change the sig. Stat let me down </3

Yates is still infinitely better than what Randle had. Yates actually proved at the NFL level that he can be a decent qb with some development.

I honestly don't get why Randle is getting so much criticism from everyone on this board. It was a damn good draft pick. I wouldn't even mind if we took him in the 1st.

Now of course I still would like Stephen Hill and while I understand he's raw, I think he'd be the better long term investment, but I still like Randle a lot.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Baas has always had the same problem.....he cant stay healthy long enough to play well enough(if that makes any sense). Alot of Niner fans wanted Baas to get a shot center for years but we had a pretty decent one in Heitman. So we kept him at OG, hoping the light would come on but all we got was missed games and lackluster play. Once Heitman broke his leg, he was really never the same so in the off-season 2010 we gave Baas a crack at Center. He impressed the coaches and he became the starter there and went on to have a solid season, mostly in part because he stayed healthy the entire year. But I never thought Baas was necessarily our answer at Center. He's limited athletically and his feet are always going to hinder him. He has good power for the position and if you can keep him downhill he's cool, but I wasn't sure he could handle alot of the movement the WCO requires at the Center position.
Baas is just awful. I absolutely hate that signing. I just hope we can survive with him for another year before we cut him.

When he's not missing his assignments he's getting overwhelmed by superior athletes. I saw all of our playoff games over again, and he looked completely lost very often in all of them. Especially in the run game.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't see how petrus can't be our C. He played center in his rookie season against the seahawks and did pretty well. I think you all should keep a more open mind about this. Boothe is starting, just acknowledge that. I see no way he isn't. That means its between Baas and Petrus starting at G or C, and with how awful Baas has been, i think petrus is better suited to start.

Beatty-Boothe-Petrus-Snee-Diehl

Id like that lineup

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think all of us would love to bench Baas, but it's not going to happen. They have too much money tied to him for him to rot on the bench.

He's starting whether we like it or not. Just gotta hope he doesn't suck when he does.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When was the last time we had money tied up in a player and started him just for that reason? Jacobs didn't always start over Bradshaw, we took out O'Hara even when he was somewhat healthy. I think it could happen bbd.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-06-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
When was the last time we had money tied up in a player and started him just for that reason? Jacobs didn't always start over Bradshaw, we took out O'Hara even when he was somewhat healthy. I think it could happen bbd.
I hope so, but I doubt it. Plus Petrus has to work on his pass protection before I feel comfortable in any role starting. I think he can step up this offseason in that regard, but he has to do it first.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love for Petrus and Boothe both to start, but I just can't see the team not giving Baas a shot at the starting center job with health and an offseason with the team.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

No surprises here but Gilbride said yesterday that the O-Line as of now will probabaly be Beatty-Boothe-Baas-Snee-Diehl. He also stated that Cruz will remain in the slot for 3 WR sets.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-08-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh gilbride. obvious statements are obvious. but that's good to see. I'm ok with all of this. Beatty's got one last chance to prove himself dammit. better not let us down
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I don't feel good about Beatty. I just don't feel good about him. I don't think he'll ever become what we're hoping for.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

The even worse thing about Baas is that his contract is so much for how bad he is. We could use the money to resign KP...

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote: