Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-27-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know anything about Bass. Early impressions are the 49ers wanted him back, and he seems to have been their starter for the past 2 years.

Anyone know anything about the guy?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't know anything about Bass. Early impressions are the 49ers wanted him back, and he seems to have been their starter for the past 2 years.

Not recently. I know he eased into the league. Many thought he would be an instant starter at Guard when he was drafted but took a while to consistently be a starter.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:53 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

versatile interior lineman, either center or right guard, and provides a nice push in the running game, certainly an asset in that department

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like a winner to me. He doesn't sound like a PBer, but a very solid guy.

I'm fine with that. That shores up the C spot. Now we just better pray we have LT figured out, and we'll be fine.

The only negative of this move is we won't go after a guy like Konz in the draft this coming year. I would have loved him in Giant blue. Dude is a beast.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sounds like a winner to me. He doesn't sound like a PBer, but a very solid guy.

I'm fine with that. That shores up the C spot. Now we just better pray we have LT figured out, and we'll be fine.

The only negative of this move is we won't go after a guy like Konz in the draft this coming year. I would have loved him in Giant blue. Dude is a beast.
I don't think the signing of Bass will change any potential draft picks. He isn't that type of player. He's versatile enough where I'm sure he could play LG or even be a 6th OL. How many year is this for anyway?
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poz to the Jags, kinda upset we missed out on him, but the money we would have had to pay wouldn't be worth the sign anyways and there are other LBs so its whatever

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would you guys feel about bringing Tommie Harris on a small one year deal?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know some of the guys on BBI wanted Baas as well so I like this move. Don't forget when O'Hara came it was very similar, versatile C but can play guard spots if he had to.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Released Bernard now too, couldn't agree to a restructured contract.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also we are giving Coughlin a 1 year extension.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bah. It's not that I dislike Coughlin but some of the coordinators he hires and insists on keeping can be frustrating. I suppose this doesn't change anything thought. If he doesn't make the playoffs again I'm sure he'll get fired.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

DWill got a ton of money from Carolina. Let's hope Bradshaw is cheaper.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If Bradshaw wants similar money, I say let him walk.

I hate paying RBs to begin with, that kind of money for a RB is ridiculous. I rather save the money and go into the season with Jacobs and Ware as our 1,2 punch than pay Bradshaw that kind of money.

Also, does anyone know anything about Bass's contract? No numbers have been released to my knowledge.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who'd like us to bring in Gallery?

Diehl-Gallery-Baas-Snee-McKenzie

retain Bradshaw and Boss and Smith on a 1 year deal. that would make me happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Am I the only one who'd like us to bring in Gallery?

Diehl-Gallery-Baas-Snee-McKenzie

retain Bradshaw and Boss and Smith on a 1 year deal. that would make me happy
He already got signed by Seattle.

I didn't want him anyway, we have enough Guards. I rather give Petrus the LG spot than sign someone to play there.

Or slide Diehl to LG if Beatty can play LT and McKenzie has any gas left in that tank.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just saw that, oh well.

And I'd be ok with Petrus starting at LG. I'm just...idk, so conflicted with Beatty. He was so damn inconsistant last season.

Also, let's sign Brian Leonard. HOORAY to that idea!
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Beatty scares the crap out of me. I don't trust him at all. I'm hoping he's progressed but I'd be lying to you if I said I was confident in that.

If I put my homerism aside, my brain tells me he's going to be a dud.

Signing Leonard would actually be a very smart move if we can't re-sign Bradshaw.

Leonard is an underrated RB. White RBs are so in right now.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Baas signing since he is versatile. I would rather have Chris Spencer at center though if he has not signed anywhere and play baas at the guard.

Last edited by LTgiants : 07-27-2011 at 09:26 PM.
LTgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

oooh if we brought in Spencer...

Diehl-Baas-Spencer-Snee-Mckenzie

*drools*
Quote:
Old 07-27-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, does anyone know anything about Bass's contract? No numbers have been released to my knowledge.
This is what 49ers beatwriter Matt Maiocco says

Quote:
The 49ers did not get into a bidding war Wednesday to retain starting center David Baas, perhaps to save cap space for a run at
Asomugha, an NFL source said. Baas agreed to terms on a contract with the New
York Giants that will pay him money commensurate with the top three or four
centers in the league, the source said.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/07/27/11/4...48&feedID=5936

Baas is a solid player, mostly played LG for us until he switched to C this year due to injuries. Still miffed as to why we didn't re-sign honestly. Good signing by the G-Men.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 07-27-2011 at 11:45 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was 5 years 26 Million I read somewhere.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I like the signing. I would have loved Kalil even more, but I can't complain with this guy. Plus it saves us money.

Bradshaw is running out of options with Miami signing Reggie Bush. I think as long as Denver stays away from him, we should be able to re-sign him at our price.

He's trying to squeeze the Giants for more money though.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Also, is it true that Steve Smith won't be ready until the end of training camp at earliest? I heard that somewhere, I can't remember where, and that's very concerning.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like the signing. I would have loved Kalil even more, but I can't complain with this guy. Plus it saves us money.

Bradshaw is running out of options with Miami signing Reggie Bush. I think as long as Denver stays away from him, we should be able to re-sign him at our price.

He's trying to squeeze the Giants for more money though.
I think Bradshaw will be back. Though I have a feeling we won't like the terms too much.

Quote:
Also, is it true that Steve Smith won't be ready until the end of training camp at earliest? I heard that somewhere, I can't remember where, and that's very concerning.
This makes the Plax interest more believable.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I have a feeling the Steelers land Plax. Tomlin will win him over with his rah rah ********.

******* Mike Tomlin. I can't stand TomTom.