Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-10-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If JPP can stay healthy, we have a very special player on our hands. Hopefully he can stay healthy throughout his career, bc if he does, watch out.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think I've ever been more wrong about a prospect than I was JPP.

And I am certainly ok with that.

Right behind him is Chris Houston. I loved Chris Houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Chris Houston too.

I think my biggest miss was Vernon Gholston. And Brady Quinn. I was fully convinced that Quinn was the next Tom Brady. Yikes.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I don't think I've ever been more wrong about a prospect than I was JPP.

And I am certainly ok with that.

Right behind him is Chris Houston. I loved Chris Houston
I remember bitching at you about how it was a good pick on draft day, haha. At least you've accepted him as a legit Giants player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I loved Chris Houston too.

I think my biggest miss was Vernon Gholston. And Brady Quinn. I was fully convinced that Quinn was the next Tom Brady. Yikes.
Ouch. I hated Brady Quinn. And Clausen. Never understood the hype for either player.

But I'm usually wrong about 90% of other prospects. I don't know why, but I usually have a good feel for QBs.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I remember bitching at you about how it was a good pick on draft day, haha. At least you've accepted him as a legit Giants player!

Ouch. I hated Brady Quinn. And Clausen. Never understood the hype for either player.

But I'm usually wrong about 90% of other prospects. I don't know why, but I usually have a good feel for QBs.
I hated Clausen. I just fell for the Charlie Weiss hype with Brady Quinn. I fell for it big time. I'm usually pretty good with quarterbacks, but I missed bad on Quinn.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think my biggest misses where Gholston, Sinorice and Ginn Jr. I thought Ginn would be a solid #2, I thought he was reached on, but I thought he would still pan out. I thought Sinorice would become something special for us along with Smith but sadly it was only Smith. O and Gholston looked like he would be a stud but boy was I wrong, what a waste of athleticism and raw strength.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Bobby Carpenter was another big miss of mine. That was when I was kind of new at evaluating college players though.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea all of my misses came early in my draft watching. I usually don't scout a lot of players, just ones I think will fall to wherever we pick.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm still upset that we drafted Phillip Dillard over Geno Atkins

:(

And I loved Jimmy Graham too but I knew we wouldn't draft him bc we took Beckum the year before.

I mean, I can't complain obviously, but can you imagine if we had both of those guys on our team right now? Forget it.

I didn't think Gronk would be this good though. I took him off my personal board bc of his perceived back problems in the draft.

I was also wrong about Sean Lee.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Yea I'm so pissed we ever drafted Beckum. Not only did he bust, but prevented is from taking Graham, Gronk, Hernandez, Moeaki, Pitta and Dickson. That was a helluva TE class, one of the best ever.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's really no guarantee we take any of those guys anyway even without Beckum.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Obviously, but having him proved that we had interest in a TE and had we not drafted him we would have been much more likely to take one of them.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Diehl got a DUI tonight. Wish he called a cab.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-10-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Wish he would have called me, I'd have gladly driven the guy.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah it sucks. Very surprised.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-10-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

I'm sure Coughlin will be pissed

Old 06-10-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't remember what we did when McKenzie got one but I'm sure it will be the same punishment.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-10-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Yea he'll make an example out of him that's for sure. Coughlin is one man I would never want to piss off, right up their with Brock Lesnar and Casey Anthony.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't think he'll make an example of him. There's probably a team policy already in place and it will fall in line with that. Did Kareem even miss a game?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-10-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

O I'm not saying we'll hear about it or it will be a suspension or anything, but he'll probably yell at him in front of the team and do something infront of the team.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah that might be possible. He hit 4 parked cars according to Miked Up so sounds like he was way over the limit.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-10-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Ugh...that's bad man. 1 car would have been bad enough, but 4?!?! At least they where parked and he didn't hit a moving car with anyone in it.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:51 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dammit DD. one of my favorites. would never have expected this from him
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeah I'm disappointed. Didn't expect that from Diehl. He'll be ok though.

I'm glad this happened now, instead of during the season. It's a reminder to the team to stay focused. We don't need another Burress situation. Hopefully this is a wakeup call to the rest of the team.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh thats bad. 4 parked cars? I bet he does get benched the first game. At least the first half. I know this is his first strike, but its a bad one. They might want to come out and suspend him one game just so the NFL doesn't get involved. They prefer the teams take care of this crap even if the punishment is just slightly less than they would have given. They only really get involved when teams drag their feet.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote