Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-29-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles just got Nmandi. Now they have Nmandi, Asante and DRC.

Nmandi neutralizes Nicks completely. Asante owns Eli and shuts down Smith coming off his knee injury. DRC is overrated but he can take on Mario/Barden/washed up Plax.

So who the hell is Eli gonna throw to? Kevin Boss? Yes, fantastic, I love 5 yard dump passes.

Kevin Boss will take 8 seconds to go 20 yards down the field.

I want Randy Moss. We need to fight fire with fire. We need Randy Moss to stretch the field.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not overly concerned. Eagles getting Nnamdi sucks but Asante is super overrated. DRC is also overrated. Nnmandi will shut down whoever he faces, but I think we can still do things on offense. Getting a threat at tight end would certainly be nice. Their safeties are still fairly inexperienced, so I think there are some ways to take advantage of that.

It sucks, but there other corners don't really scare me. Even with Asante's past success vs Eli.

Getting Moss won't do anything. Nmandi would shut him down without even trying. He's way too physical for Moss.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zach Miller time?
Old 07-29-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting Moss would mean Nicks on Asante. And I like that matchup.

Smith on Asante? Yeah I got money on Asante. Especially since he owns Eli. Eli is good for 1 INT to Asante every game.

Now we're asking him to throw away from Nmandi and TO Asante. Wonderful.

Meanwhile Kevin Boss's slow ass is still running his 20 yard post.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they are trying to trade Asante though, making it only Aso and DRC.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osi didn't report....
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe he's always concealed it well or I haven't noticed until the past few years but...Osi is kind of a douche.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prince has finally been signed.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys should look at the game we played against oakland and watch Nicks beat Nnamdi twice. Nnamdi is good, but unless theyre running pure man to man, steve smith vs Nnamdi is gunna win everytime.

If we can get plax now we're ok, bc Plax versus any of them im pretty confident with, even if he isnt the same he still has height and can run good enough routes.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Let's not try to sugarcoat this. Nmandi is Nmandi. This absolutely hurts our chances of beating them.

And with news that Plax is most likely not signing with the Giants (Jets, Steelers, and Eagles in the mix), I think going after Randy Moss makes even more sense.

I know I'm alone in my Randy Moss crush, but I think we need to fight fire with fire. At first it was just a luxury, but now with Nmandi on the Eagles, I think it's a necessity.

We need a 3 WR set that can match their 3 CB set. Right now we have 2 good WRs, and an inconsistent 3rd option.

Fielding Moss would give us a 3 WR set that can battle their CBs. Nicks, Smith and Moss can definitely take on their Nmandi, Asante, and DRC.

Fight fire with fire. I think Moss should be a priority right now. Especially with Smith's injury concerns.

At least there was some good news yesterday. Coughlin said he was very pleased with Beatty's weight coming into camp this year, saying he's worked very hard.

I haven't seen any pictures (if anyone has, please post), but it's encouraging to hear at least.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Nicks do really well on Nnamdi last year during the Raiders game? It makes the Eagles much better but I'm not overly concerned. We have a deep WR corps and the Eagles Dline and LB's are still pretty weak overall.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Didn't Nicks do really well on Nnamdi last year during the Raiders game? It makes the Eagles much better but I'm not overly concerned. We have a deep WR corps and the Eagles Dline and LB's are still pretty weak overall.
He did. He actually kind of owned Nnmandi that game. I don't know if it was a fluke or Nicks just outmatched him (I find it hard to believe considering how good Nnmandi is).

Also BBD, I really don't want Randy Moss at all. I think our WR's our fine. We don't need him and the guy is the silent malcontent type. When things are going well and he's earning money he's happy, but when there are bumps in the road or he thinks he's not making enough money he'll be annoying as hell.

Eli really doesn't need that ****. He had to deal with it when Shockey and Plax were here (and even Tiki to some extent). I say let's just go to battle with the WR's we have. They're good and young, and Nicks has indeed had past success against Nnmandi, even with the limited sample size.

The Eagles still have quite a few holes on defense, especially in coverage with their safeties. I'm not saying we can beat them straight up, but I think we have a good chance at the very least.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Guys, Eli avoided Nmandi that whole game. The only time Nicks caught passes in that game were when the Raiders were being morons and ran zone.

We all remember Nicks beating Nmandi deep once and catching it out of bounds. Whoopidy doo. He was out of bounds. That doesn't count.

It's not even about Nmandi vs Nicks. I'm thinking about our #3 WR vs their #3 CB.

Right now they have the matchup won. By adding a guy like Moss to our core, I think we take that matchup. Strength in numbers. Right now they're winning the numbers game.

We can neutralize it by adding a WR like Moss.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osi is reporting to camp
Old 07-30-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Guys, Eli avoided Nmandi that whole game. The only time Nicks caught passes in that game were when the Raiders were being morons and ran zone.

We all remember Nicks beating Nmandi deep once and catching it out of bounds. Whoopidy doo. He was out of bounds. That doesn't count.

It's not even about Nmandi vs Nicks. I'm thinking about our #3 WR vs their #3 CB.

Right now they have the matchup won. By adding a guy like Moss to our core, I think we take that matchup. Strength in numbers. Right now they're winning the numbers game.

We can neutralize it by adding a WR like Moss.
If we get plax vs any of them and have nicks against anyone thats not Nnamdi, we win.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/O...Tnea0vrQul.jpg

i think thats nnamdi trying to tackle nicks, and the errant pass by eli was the only reason that nicks didnt beat nnamdi inbounds

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-30-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

The Eagles continue to stack up now they got Cullen Jenkins
Old 07-30-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
If we get plax vs any of them and have nicks against anyone thats not Nnamdi, we win.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/O...Tnea0vrQul.jpg

i think thats nnamdi trying to tackle nicks, and the errant pass by eli was the only reason that nicks didnt beat nnamdi inbounds
You're giving Burress too much credit. This is 34 year old I've been in jail for 2 years Burress.

Not 2007 I'll break your ankles with broken ankles Burress.

And it doesn't sound like we're getting Burress anyway. Eli made it pretty clear he wants no part of Burress when he basically dissed him on Friday. I think Burress lands in Philly or the Jets.

Come on, we're now going off a picture? Look at Nmandi's resume. It speaks for itself.

Meanwhile, the Eagles trade Bunk and land Jenkins. Jenkins was a great move if he can stay healthy, but I think letting go of Bunk was a mistake. Very underrated run stuffer.

Meanwhile, the Giants are eating a sandwich. Pick up the phone and get Moss Reese. Unless you want the Eagles to have more than just chunky soup in their trophy case.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD Moss is not the answer. You need to let it go.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-30-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles can be run on.

I also think the chances of Vick repeating last season are slim. It didn't even last a whole season. He broke down at the end last year. And thats after limited playing time the first 2 games.

Finally the teams that "win" the offseason, never win the regular season. I'm just ready for games already.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 07-30-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The Eagles can be run on.

I also think the chances of Vick repeating last season are slim. It didn't even last a whole season. He broke down at the end last year. And thats after limited playing time the first 2 games.
I agree but Young can probably guide the ship for a few games if he has to. Also, we have no idea what kind of defense the Eagles will be playing considering they have a new D coordinator who has never even coached a defense in his life.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-30-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The Titans ran a Cover 2 man defense with blitzes coming from the DBs occasionally.

It's not a terrible system, after studying it I kind of liked it, if only they blitzed more.

I think the Eagles are going to run a dumbed down version of that defense. Castillo is the DC, but it's obvious Washburn is running the show. All the moves they've made is centered around Washburn and the kind of defense he was apart of in Tennessee.

Their dline is going to completely sell out to rush the passer. It's almost like they don't believe in gap discipline. Just create havoc up front and let the LBs clean up the mess.

I just look at the Eagles, and they are a more talented team than us starter for starter. That's what scares me.

I think we're deeper than them, in fact, I know we're a deeper team, but they have more firepower with their starters.

I think they have a better coaching staff too, pound for pound.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Plax not only has height on these guys, he also was very smooth and good at plucking the ball out of the air and YAC. I know the YAC prob wont be there as much, and maybe even the smoothness, but he has the body control, reach, and height to go up and get it over these DB's.

DRC got exposed last year bc he bites too often, same with Asante. Nnamdi isn't great in zone and can get burnt, especially with the safeties that the eagles have. We have a good run game, and use playaction extremely well. You see where I'm going here?

If we had plax...

Nicks - Nnamdi
Manningham/Steve Smith - Asante
Plax - DRC

thats what Im guessing would happen, and I know that Asante would get burnt, DRC would prob beat out Plax but Nicks could beat Nnamdi. Nicks is gunna do well against Nnamdi, you're giving him too much credit BBD.

I admitt I feel that Plax is gunna transition well, and that might be too hopeful, but I know his stupidity gave him a chip on his shoulder and hunger to get back out there for himself, his reputation, and for his family.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-30-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should get your facts straight if you're going to talk about players, just so you know.

Asante Samuel was the best cover cornerback in the NFL last year and rarely was "burnt":

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...ing-stats-2010

"With four more pass targets, Samuel would rank as the top cornerback in both Success Rate and yards per pass. (He will in Football Outsiders Almanac 2011, since our ratings in the book generally waive the minimum for cornerbacks who had at least eight starts.)"

Samuel was targeted 36 times and allowed an extremely low 3.2 yds/pass, and 1.9 yards after catch.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
You should get your facts straight if you're going to talk about players, just so you know.

Asante Samuel was the best cover cornerback in the NFL last year and rarely was "burnt":

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...ing-stats-2010

"With four more pass targets, Samuel would rank as the top cornerback in both Success Rate and yards per pass. (He will in Football Outsiders Almanac 2011, since our ratings in the book generally waive the minimum for cornerbacks who had at least eight starts.)"

Samuel was targeted 36 times and allowed an extremely low 3.2 yds/pass, and 1.9 yards after catch.
http://www.profootballfocus.com/

use this

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-30-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Why would I want to use a site that subjectively grades players when instead I can show you actual, you know, statistics that describe a player's performance?

Did you not read what footballoutsiders posted? 3.2 yards per pass. That means he allowed fewer yards per pass than ANY other CB in football. He simply did not give up completions of any note last year. He was excellent in coverage. If you watched any Eagles games, you'd agree.

I don't even understand, how as a Giants fan you could possibly say Asante gets "burnt" because every time the Giants play the Eagles, the only time Eli ever throws to Asante's side anymore the football is usually coming back in the opposite direction and the Eagles offense takes over, right?
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote