Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-29-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pass Blocking isn't that hard, Scott's been with us long enough to learn how to pick up a blitz well enough to get us by when Bradshaw gets hurt.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Pass Blocking isn't that hard, Scott's been with us long enough to learn how to pick up a blitz well enough to get us by when Bradshaw gets hurt.
What? It's only the hardest thing a RB can learn to do. Adrian Peterson still can't do it.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott only played in like 1 game last year and it was for 5 snaps. I don't remember any blocks from him.

Jacobs and Bradshaw are 2 of the best pass protecting RB's in the NFL. It's an obvious emphasis from the staff.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
What? It's only the hardest thing a RB can learn to do. Adrian Peterson still can't do it.
Mostly because guys have never had to do it before the NFL, but the giants have been teaching running backs how to block for too long to say that it's the hardest thing for a RB to learn and one expception doesn't change it. I think it's much tougher to teach someone how to catch than it is to block, even if rookies usually have more experience catching the ball and so usually start off better at it. But I firmly believe that a guy who can't block or catch will learn to block before he learns to catch.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Mostly because guys have never had to do it before the NFL, but the giants have been teaching running backs how to block for too long to say that it's the hardest thing for a RB to learn and one expception doesn't change it. I think it's much tougher to teach someone how to catch than it is to block, even if rookies usually have more experience catching the ball and so usually start off better at it. But I firmly believe that a guy who can't block or catch will learn to block before he learns to catch.
I agree, kind of. A guy who can't catch won't even be drafted unless he does something else extremely special. Because stone hands are stone hands and you can't fix that. But the notion that every player can learn to block I think is false. Especially for a 2nd year player with little experience. Scott hasn't shown enough in my opinion to take that risk.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said...you don't risk your 100 million dollar qb on the potential of a 7th round pick. It's all fun n games until Eli is motionless on the floor.

I want the guy I can trust out there.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha lots of Ojomo love. Good to hear. I haven't been able to see the pre-season games because of where I live but I am insanely pumped for the season opener. Not seeing the PS actually sort of builds the anticipation even more for me, having not seen them at all.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:45 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB: Manning, Carr (2)
RB: Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, (3)
FB: Hynoski (1)
WR: Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Randle, Barden, Jernigan (6)
TE: Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson (3)
LT: Locklear, Beatty (2)
LG: Boothe/OL-free agent (2)
C: Baas (1)
RG: Snee, Petrus (2)
RT: Diehl, Brewer (2)

Total offense: (24)

DE: Tuck, Pierre-Paul, Umenyiora, Tracy, Ojomo (5)
DT: Joseph, Bernard, Austin, Hendricks (4)
WLB: Boley, Rivers, Williams, Paysinger (4)
MLB: Blackburn, Herzlich, (2)
SLB: Kiwanuka (1)
CB: Webster, Amukamara, Coe, Hosley, Tryon, Thomas (6)
S: Phillips, Rolle, Hill, Sash (4)

Total Defense: (26)

K: Tynes
P: Weatherford
LS: DeOssie

Total ST: (3)

The first 4 games, where Sash is suspended, keep a depth CB/safety. Could be Grant, a Waiver pick-up or someone already on the team. See how he performs. If he's better than Sash, then we cut Sash. Either way we don't have to make that call until week 5.

That's my 53. The biggest cuts are Greg Jones, Da'rel Scott and Andre Brown.
We just try to sneak Douglas and Broha on the PS. Same with the German dude(forgetting his name, but I like him as well). McCants goes on PS as well.

If we Can't, well tough luck. We have too many players who objectively deserves a roster spot, and we can't keep them all. That's life as one of the better drafting and scouting teams in the NFL. Some teams will get good players in Jones, Douglas, Scott and Brown. Players who can stick to a roster in the NFL and make a difference. But we can't keep 'em all.

I really like this team, talent-wise. We are deep at almost every position. Let's just pray for a relatively injury-free season, and we'll be a contender once again.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Last edited by BigBlueNorwegian : 08-30-2012 at 05:52 AM.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this roster^

I think we'll have a couple of surprise cuts that we didn't see coming. But I would be very pleased if that's how the roster turns out.

My sleeper cut is Petrus. He can only play G and he's been god awful in pass protection. He's making himself a bubble player.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the new IR rule just got approved, that player designated to IR can be added back to the roster in week 8

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
the new IR rule just got approved, that player designated to IR can be added back to the roster in week 8
This may end that Scott/Ware discussion. Can likely keep them both now.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Sounds like Thomas is a lock to go on IR then.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Kuhn makes it to the 53 over Hendricks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I was just listening to PDot and he thinks Ojomo makes the team but takes Tracy's spot. He says the Giants really don't want to carry more than 4 DE's.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

All the players sound very hopefull about their injuries.

Hosley says he'll be back by Week 1
Prince says Week 2
Tracy says he feels great

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Finally the NFC EAST:

http://deadspin.com/5938903/why-your...delphia-eagles

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
They went soft on Philly. Could have been so much worse, or better depending on how you look at it.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The fans emails were funny. The drive one especially.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Kuhn makes it to the 53 over Hendricks.
Really? after Hendricks looked like a beast?

Quote:
I was just listening to PDot and he thinks Ojomo makes the team but takes Tracy's spot. He says the Giants really don't want to carry more than 4 DE's.
Well with 2 of our DE's injured atm i could see 5 kept, but in all likelyhood itll be 4 and one is IR'ed.

Quote:
All the players sound very hopefull about their injuries.

Hosley says he'll be back by Week 1
Prince says Week 2
Tracy says he feels great
What about austin?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I haven't heard anything about Austin.

Hendricks has played about average. Kuhn also. I'd like to keep them both around whether it's 53 or PS.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Interesting:

Quote:
Coughlin gives me something to chew on before projected roster by saying Da'Rel Scott + Andre Brown "distinguished themselves" last nt. #nyg

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

On Austin:

Quote:
On DT Marvin Austin's back: I don’t have any more clarity. I know there’s optimism. I don’t know how long. For Marvin, that they would continue to feel like it was necessary to hold him. I know I can understand the longer the better. But it’s a little bit frustrating because of the lack of time he had to spend on the field during preseason and that definitely, definitely is going to prevent him from being where he should be once he comes off the injury. There are some issues that have to be dealt with there."

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Garafolo's final projected roster:

Quote:
MIKE GARAFOLO'S ROSTER PROJECTION

OFFENSE (25)

QB: Eli Manning, David Carr

RB: Ahmad Bradshaw, David Wilson, Andre Brown, Da’Rel Scott

FB: Henry Hynoski

WR: Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Domenik Hixon, Rueben Randle, Ramses Barden, Jerrel Jernigan

TE: Martellus Bennett, Bear Pascoe, Adrien Robinson

C: David Baas, Jim Cordle

G: Kevin Boothe, Chris Snee, Mitch Petrus

T: Will Beatty, David Diehl, Sean Locklear, James Brewer

DEFENSE (25)

DE: Jason Pierre-Paul, Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora, Adewale Ojomo

DT: Linval Joseph, Rocky Bernard, Marvin Austin, Marcus Thomas

LB: Michael Boley, Chase Blackburn, Mathias Kiwanuka, Mark Herzlich, Keith Rivers, Greg Jones, Spencer Paysinger, Jacquian Williams

CB: Corey Webster, Prince Amukamara, Terrell Thomas, Michael Coe, Jayron Hosley, Justin Tryon

S: Antrel Rolle, Kenny Phillips, Will Hill

SPECIALISTS (3)

K: Lawrence Tynes

P: Steve Weatherford

LS: Zak DeOssie

CUTS QB Ryan Perrilloux RB D.J. Ware WR Isaiah Stanback WR Dan DePalma WR David Douglas TE Larry Donnell C Chris White OL Selvish Capers OG Stephen Goodin OT Matt McCants DE Craig Marshall DE Matt Broha DE Adrian Tracy DT Markus Kuhn DT Shaun Rogers DT Dwayne Hendricks LB Jake Muasau CB Dante Hughes CB Bruce Johnson DB Laron Scott S Tyler Sash (reserve/suspended) S Stevie Brown

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

No Hendricks, Kuhn, Tracy, Ware, McCants, Douglas on his guess.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 04:25 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't see the need to keep 8 linebackers on the team, when we are probably going to play with only two of them on the field for much of the season in different formations. The only reason is that we're very deep in that position, but that shouldn't force the coaches to weaken one of our other positions. I'd rather carry a 5th DE or DT, than an 8th linebacker.

We are also injury-prone in our defensive backfield, so I would rather carry a fourth safety than a back-up C like Cordle. Boothe can play Center if Baas goes down.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote