Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-31-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I can't hate too much on the Jernigan pick. Hixon will probably be cut as a result, and bye-bye to Reynaud's 5 yard returns. I think Jernigan's value as a returner is what made Reese select him.

I feel right now our WRs will end up like this:

Hakeem, Manningham, Smith, Barden, Cruz, Jernigan, and Thomas (ST)

7 guys is a lot but that's what we are looking at this year. Hagan will have a chance its between him and Thomas in my opinion. Plaxico would have made this even worse, I am sort of glad we didn't sign him. Don't forget this position was absolutely decimated by injuries last year, and it seems like both Barden and Steve Smith aren't 100% so technically we will have 5 guys ready to go.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jernigan was a very good pick. He automatically becomes our best return man and adds to an already deep WR corps.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the Titans signing Ruud to a one year deal, were does that leave Stephen Tulloch? Poz and Ruud are gone now. Manny and Tulloch are both still available and don't appear to be going back to their teams

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
With the Titans signing Ruud to a one year deal, were does that leave Stephen Tulloch? Poz and Ruud are gone now. Manny and Tulloch are both still available and don't appear to be going back to their teams
Tulloch is a Detroit Lion.

Lofa Tatupu might be getting released though.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Tulloch is a Detroit Lion.

Lofa Tatupu might be getting released though.
When did that happen? I have been looking to see if he was signed and found nothing. What about Lawson and McIntosh?

Old 07-31-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When did that happen? I have been looking to see if he was signed and found nothing. What about Lawson and McIntosh?
He signed there today.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...tephen-Tulloch

Lawson and Mcintosh are still out there have not heard anything.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Wow 1 year 3.25mil? I would have gladly paid that for Tulloch. Oh well it's whatever. I think bringing in Lawson, McIntosh or Leber(just a one year deal to see if he still has it) would be a smart move

Old 07-31-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

titans fans have been saying Tulloch blows, so I'm ok with Boley-Goff...and well idk who the hell we're gonna throw in that other slot.
but yea, I'm telling you now guys, Jernigan is gonna be a fan favorite soon. I really, really like what I've seen and read about this kid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to sign Smith back already. I have 100% trust in Reese but it does seem like we're sleepwalking a little through this week.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-31-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Any new news on Bradshaw, Boss or Smith? And is Kiwi officially signed?

Old 07-31-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Any new news on Bradshaw, Boss or Smith? And is Kiwi officially signed?
Kiwi is official. The other 3 I really haven't heard much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-31-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty sure Kiwi is official, just havent seen any numbers on it. and i've yet to hear anything on the afore mentioned 3. Apparently Reese sent them offers and it's in their court
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

RT @ClaytonESPN: Osi would still like to go to Seattle in a trade

Osi for Aaron Curry?
Old 07-31-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't get why we went after Plax in the first place, I love the guy, but he's old and hasn't played in 2 years, we already have Nicks, Mario, Jernigan, Barden, Cruz, Hixon, Calhoun, Thomas and we wanna bring back Smith...were does he fit in all that?

Right now I think we just have too much of the same type of receiver and the pick or Jernigan only adds to the log jam. Smith, Mario, Cruz, Jernigan, Hixon, Calhoun. Do we really need all of them? Our WRs should look like this: Nicks, Smith, Mario, Barden, Cruz, Thomas(ST). That Jernigan pick is really starting to annoy me. I'm all for drafting value, but maybe we should make sure they will be able to see the field before we take them. I don't care if Cam Newton fell to us, you don't take him because you have Eli Manning. At least if your gonna take a WR, don't take a clone of what we already have.

If the FO was serious about going after Plax and feels we need another WR, why not go after Braylon Edwards? We went after him twice so far in his career and he wants to stay in NY. Braylon opposite of Nicks with Smith in the slot sounds damn fine to me, until I think of the others. Were does that leave Mario, Cruz, Barden, Jernigan and the others? I don't feel like our only reliable WR is Nicks, but adding another receiver only adds to the mess we have there right now.

/rant
It's cause the giants are such a stand up organization. No one knew whether he would land with a team that actually needed a WR so we gave him an out, come play with us for a year, show people you're still plax and maybe give the youngins some tricks and confidence. Personally I'm kinda glad we didn't sign him. I do love our young receivers, we have a strong starting trio, Barden who flashed his talent and should be knocking on the door step, Curz who's shown flashes and Jernigan's explosiveness. That's depth that can challenge the Packers for deepest WR corps in a year.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Osi for Aaron Curry?
And a 2nd =D

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:

Osi for Aaron Curry?
just saw that. Actually i think i'd be fine osi for curry. I just dont know what to think of this whole osi situation, ugh
Quote:
Old 07-31-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Osi for Aaron Curry?
*shrug* Curry's just so mediocre, I might honestly prefer a 3rd.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
*shrug* Curry's just so mediocre, I might honestly prefer a 3rd.
at this point you'd have to take a risk. Curry's got the talent and perhaps the risk that he'll turn it around in a change of scenery. That and our glaring lack of talented linebackers...
Quote:
Old 07-31-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Curry do poorly for Seattle? Im not so sure if Id do it but if Curry is as good as some of you think then Id still like him to be restructured if we dealt osi for him

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want Curry. He sucks.

Lofa on the other hand, I think we should give him a look. I've been against FA LBs all offseason bc they were all so mediocre, but I had no idea Lofa would be on the market.

He can stuff the run, and has the athleticism to play the pass, I like Lofa. Very solid MIKE. I would love for us to take a look at him.

I have no idea what's going on with Osi. But if we are trading him to Seattle, I hope we get a 1st out of him.

Why not right? This is a franchise who gave away a 3rd for Clipboard Jesus, almost gave away a 1st for Kolb, and is starting TJax at qb.

They gotta be dumb enough to give us a 1st for Osi. Hell, I want a 1st and 3rd. Come on Seattle, pull the trigger.

I want Osi to stay, but if we get a 1st and 3rd out of him, I'd move him.

Then cross my fingers that Kiwi can stay healthy and JPP develops.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question: What are the Giants going to do about the OL this year?

If I'm not mistaken half of the OL from last year was cut, and the other half is older and declining (Deihl/McKenzie)?

Are there a bunch of promising rookies waiting in the wings that I'm not aware of? Mitch Petrus?

Are they planning to bring back Andrews/O'Hara/Seubert on less expensive deals? Or are they maybe going to sign any OL in free agency or trade for one?
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Question: What are the Giants going to do about the OL this year?

If I'm not mistaken half of the OL from last year was cut, and the other half is older and declining (Deihl/McKenzie)?

Are there a bunch of promising rookies waiting in the wings that I'm not aware of? Mitch Petrus?

Are they planning to bring back Andrews/O'Hara/Seubert on less expensive deals? Or are they maybe going to sign any OL in free agency or trade for one?
Beatty is going to get a shot to be the starting LT. Diehl is going back to guard and Baas the Center they signed from the 49ers is the new starting center.

We have Petrus and we drafted James Brewer. Those are our young guys in the wings.

Seubert might get brought back but I don't think the other two will.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Beatty is going to get a shot to be the starting LT. Diehl is going back to guard and Baas the Center they signed from the 49ers is the new starting center.

We have Petrus and we drafted James Brewer. Those are our young guys in the wings.

Seubert might get brought back but I don't think the other two will.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Baas signing.

Now that you lay it out that way, it really doesn't look nearly as bad on paper. It all depends on how well Beatty plays at LT, I guess.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Koets is solid too. And Snee has been taking practice snaps at Center.

Our interior oline is fine. I'm a little concerned about our OT positions.

If Beatty pans out, I think our best lineup would be:

LT: Beatty
LG: Petrus
C: Baas
RG: Snee
RT: Diehl

Beatty could make or break our oline. If he pans out we could have a very good oline, if not, we could have a mediocre one.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

that's more for the future though BBD, McKenzie has been absolutely stellar. Best RT in football last year IMO
Quote: