Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-31-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think father time catches up to McKenzie this year. I love his run blocking, but the guy is an average pass protector and isn't getting any younger.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well maybe our project pick next year will pan out, lol. Never fear friend! We will always go developmental pick.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Carr apparently might be coming back.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind it. Once he got cut, I had a feeling we'd take a look at him. It was a mutually beneficial relationship. He was growing under our system, and we got a great scout team qb during practice.

Make him and Sage compete for the backup spot. Best man wins.

We're also looking at Ben Patrick. Could be legit interest, could also be a ploy to gain leverage on Boss in negotiations.

I am a little disturbed by the fact that Boss, Smith, Bradshaw, nor Prince has signed yet.

I guess all 4 of them are using the Aug. 5th leverage to their advantage with contract negotiations. Even if they sign now, they can't practice till the 5th so I guess they're all trying to buy as much time as they can to drive up their price.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ClaytonESPN John Clayton
During the conversation between the Giants and Osi U, the team told him if they would shop him they would ask for a No. 1 pick

and

Jason Snelling possibly to the Giants

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-possibility/
Old 07-31-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well i could see the ravens possibly giving us a #1, but Seattle? They most likely wont make the playoffs.

If they do offer a first round pick, I take it and run. Thats easily a top 15 pick w/ them playing two strong divisions (AFC North and NFC EAST) and ATL and CHI.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants told Osi's agent he can seek a trade. I really think it's a big mistake to let him go even though he's acting like a baby. The strength of our team is the D-Line and with Osi out and 1 injury to Tuck, Kiwi, or JPP we completely lose that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Seahawks offer up a first, we need to take it without hesitation. They are probably going to be among the bottom five teams this season. But hopefully, we find a way to solve the situation and keep Osi without having to break the bank. He needs to understand that the Giants have a tough cap situation and still have important free agents to resign.

And we need to resign Smith, Boss and Bradshaw. We can't downgrade our skill positions on offense while the Eagles keep stacking up on defense.

EDIT: Damn, saw the news right after i posted. Well this means JPP better live up to his potential this season, or we're screwed. I don't think we can count on Kiwi with that type of injury(hope i'm wrong here)

Last edited by BigBlueNorwegian : 08-01-2011 at 12:31 PM.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fewell admitted to protecting Phillips last year after his knee injury and this year will be able to let him loose again. Sounds like he's a lot better a full year removed.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we get rid of Osi we're going to need a new DE. Are there any good ones available still?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
If we get rid of Osi we're going to need a new DE. Are there any good ones available still?
I don't think we absolutely need another one. Especially if we scrap the Sintim LB project and just let him rush the passer as a 3rd down guy. There are a lot of other DEs on this roster I know nothing about. Maybe one of them shows enough to make the team and be a project.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Andre Carter is still out there i Think. He's old, and failed in the 3-4 in washington last year. But I think he can still be a good situational player in a 4-3 defense.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I don't think we absolutely need another one. Especially if we scrap the Sintim LB project and just let him rush the passer as a 3rd down guy.
We have Kiwi and Tuck who are both hurt most of the time. If one of them goes down then the strength of our team goes to crap in a hurry.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fewell admitted to protecting Phillips last year after his knee injury and this year will be able to let him loose again. Sounds like he's a lot better a full year removed.
A fully healthy Kenny Phillips (that is unleashed) would literally make me cry tears of joy.

KENNY!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Makes me wish I got a KP jersey instead of JPP last year. Especially since the JPP got screwed up ha
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Phillips should beast again this year. Our secondary is very underrated especially when Prince or Ross is going to be our dime guy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Randy Moss retired also so BBD can put that one to rest.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I saw a report that said Bruce Johnson has impressed so far in camp. Although only a few practices. But it would be nice if he could bounce back a bit after a slower sophomore season. Especially if he's our fifth CB. Assuming we even have room on the roster for one.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BREAKING: RB Ahmad Bradshaw has agreed to terms with the Giants. #nyg

From Mike Garafolo's twitter account! Great to have him back. No word on contract terms yet.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would hate to see Osi go, but if he does here's how I would love for things to play out.

- Trade Osi to Seattle for a 1st
- Move Sintim to DE
- Sign Lawson or McIntosh to play opposite of Boley
- Re-Sign Bradshaw, Boss and Smith

2012:
- Draft Burfict, Kuechly, Te'o, or a franchise Lineman with Seattle's top 15 pick
- Draft Richardson with our pick in the 20-32 range
- Trade/Cut Jacobs

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I saw a report that said Bruce Johnson has impressed so far in camp. Although only a few practices. But it would be nice if he could bounce back a bit after a slower sophomore season. Especially if he's our fifth CB. Assuming we even have room on the roster for one.
We definitely should Ross is probably gone next year, and so if Bruce impresses he can fill in for Ross as the dime guy.

Next years battle at corner will be really interesting. Prince v. Webster v. Thomas.

EDIT: Yeah, I agree, if we trade Osi I think we should definitely think about picking up a guy like Lawson and putting him at SLB.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I would hate to see Osi go, but if he does here's how I would love for things to play out.

- Trade Osi to Seattle for a 1st
- Move Sintim to DE
- Sign Lawson or McIntosh to play opposite of Boley
- Re-Sign Bradshaw, Boss and Smith

2012:
- Draft Burfict, Kuechly, Te'o, or a franchise Lineman with Seattle's top 15 pick
- Draft Richardson with our pick in the 20-32 range
- Trade/Cut Jacobs
That sounds awesome!!
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
BREAKING: RB Ahmad Bradshaw has agreed to terms with the Giants. #nyg

From Mike Garafolo's twitter account! Great to have him back. No word on contract terms yet.
Thank God! Now I can finally buy my Bradshaw jersey. I was woried about it for the past year and a half that I would yet again buy a jersey only to have the player to switch teams(i.e Roy Williams Lions, Reggie Bush Saints, Chad Ochocinco Bengals, Plax Giants, Alfonso Soriano Yankees, my list goes on lol)

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woo! Bradshaw! Any details on the financials of it? Now we need to get Steve Smith locked up ASAP.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Thank God! Now I can finally buy my Bradshaw jersey. I was woried about it for the past year and a half that I would yet again buy a jersey only to have the player to switch teams(i.e Roy Williams Lions, Reggie Bush Saints, Chad Ochocinco Bengals, Plax Giants, Alfonso Soriano Yankees, my list goes on lol)
Haha. I bought a Bradshaw jersey the day after we won the Super Bowl. Now I don't have to stop wearing it.