Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-01-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I would've hated that.

So what's your FA haul like so far? Dallas' one is sickening.
Baas
Bradshaw( Resign)
Kiwi (Resign)
Steve Weatherford
Ben Patrick
David Carr
Chris White
Herman Johnson
Christian Hopkins
Brant Clouser

Edit: Thanks to Ballin plus these Undrafted Free Agents.

Jarriel King (OT, South Carolina)
Henry Hynoski (FB, Pitt)
Martin Parker (DL, Richmond)
Spencer Paysinger (LB, Oregon)
David Sims (S, Iowa State)
Mark Herzlich (LB, Boston College)
Harry Flaherty (TE/LS, Princeton)
Justin Trattou (DE, Florida)
Craig Marshall (DE, South Florida)
Jerrard Tarrant (S, Georgia Tech)

Last edited by LTgiants : 08-01-2011 at 05:33 PM.
LTgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Apparently Boss wants to come back but his agent is holding out for more money. There doesn't seem to be much of a market out there for him. Reese has been playing hardball this entire week. I think Boss ends up coming back and on our terms.

Everyone seems they want to stay and are willing to make sacrifices to do so. Makes me hate Osi right now so much more.
The Osi thing as a football move is going to hurt us so much even though I'm pissed as hell he's acting like a whiny little baby. I really don't want to see him get traded. With the Bradshaw deal being less than I thought I wouldn't mind if they gave Osi a little more money for the next 2 years so make him happy again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like what the Giants did bringing in Baas and Weatherford and keeping our guys like Bradshaw and Kiwi. I'd like to add some more D-Line depth though especially if Osi is traded.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Baas
Bradshaw( Resign)
Kiwi (Resign)
Steve Weatherford
Ben Patrick
David Carr
Chris White
Herman Johnson
Christian Hopkins
Brant Clouser

I am sure I have missed a few others
and...

Henry Hynoski (FB, Pitt)

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
and...

Henry Hynoski (FB, Pitt)
I wasn't including undrafted free agents. I was just talking about Fa's. but ok I will add this to the list.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really liked the Baas signing for you guys. And your UDFA looks very promising too. The rest... meh.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The Osi thing as a football move is going to hurt us so much even though I'm pissed as hell he's acting like a whiny little baby. I really don't want to see him get traded. With the Bradshaw deal being less than I thought I wouldn't mind if they gave Osi a little more money for the next 2 years so make him happy again.
I dont mind either way right now, give him a bone or get a first. Osi's play has declined despite the stats and what other people say who dont understand football more than casually.

Osi's physicality and rushmoves, where the hell did they go? He cant hold up vs the run. Its true he gives us these great sack fumbles, but at the same time he hurts us. You guys know this, yet you want him back because we've grown to love him for those great plays and look over everything else. Well we dont need to deal with that, we have talent behind him, its time to move on.

All Osi does is shoot around the LT, basically just running around him. If he does this and doesn't get the QB, the entire left side is open. True that he forces the QB further up in the pocket, but with mobile QB's we will be dead bc thats all he does. Our LB's cant cover that ground well enough that we can afford this.

Bottom line is, we can wait a few years and watch him lose his spot to JPP or Kiwi, or we can trade him for a high draft pick and get a player in a year that will help us. He gets his money, a starting position, and we get a high pick with a chance at an unproven commodity.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 08-01-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Really liked the Baas signing for you guys. And your UDFA looks very promising too. The rest... meh.
I dont think much of the rest is going to make the team, maybe ben patrick and probably weatherford.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-01-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Osi isn't as good as was before the injury but he's still a top 4-3 DE in football. Like I've been saying we're a team built around the D-Line and losing our 2nd best player off that line is going to hurt no matter how you want to justify it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Osi isn't as good as was before the injury but he's still a top 4-3 DE in football. Like I've been saying we're a team built around the D-Line and losing our 2nd best player off that line is going to hurt no matter how you want to justify it.
And what if the coaches think JPP or Kiwi is better? Personally I think JPP could be better than Osi (is at the moment not at his peak) as soon as this season.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-01-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think Kiwi should start every down over Osi, and Osi only comes in on pass rushing situations. But there's no way his ego would allow that plus it would drive his trade value way down. Honestly, I liked Osi but if we can get rid of him for some good value I am all for it. I trust Tuck, Kiwi, and JPP (even Tolly if he stays on as a 4th DE motor guy).

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Kiwi and Tuck are way too injury prone for my liking to rely on them for a full season. JPP showed flashes last year but he is not ready to be a full down player.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If, now this is a huge if, Tuck and Kiwi are healthy, Osi is not a huge loss at all especially if we get a 1st from Seattle for him. Tuck-Joseph-Canty-Kiwi with JPP and Austin rotating in and potentially Sintim if we move him to DE and sign a guy like McIntosh or Lawson that's a very solid D

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

When did we sign Ryan Perrilloux?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Giants waived Chad Jones injured today BUT it's only a procedural move. Expected to remain with the team on non-football injury list #nyg
Old 08-01-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
When did we sign Ryan Perrilloux?
They signed him according to Google searches around January.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
They signed him according to Google searches around January.
Thanks. I definitely missed that during the year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
just saw that. Actually i think i'd be fine osi for curry. I just dont know what to think of this whole osi situation, ugh
I suggested an Osi for Curry trade as a possibility some time ago, it would be good for both sides.

another could be David Hawthorne and a second

but the most likely remains a first rounder

There is no reason to be upset with Osi, frankly he deserves his pay day.
He is scheduled to make what $7.1 over the next two years, and considering the contract Charles Johnson signed, Osi is worth around a 5 year $65 mil deal. He is 29 and this is his shot to get the money to set him up for life.
Unfortunately for the Giants we can't afford to pay him, thats life under the salary cap. I don't have anything against Osi.
Osi will get traded I think and we will get good value. The fact is we drafted JPP to replace Osi so it isn't unexpected.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

What about making a deal for John Carlson if the Seahawks go through and sign Zach Miller?

I am not talking about a Osi for Carlson. Just Carlson in general.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to keep Osi, and for some reason I have a feeling we do wind up keeping him.

A 1st is a steep price at this point in the season, plus whatever team signs him will need to pay him big bucks, so I don't know if it happens.

This is what I think happens:

-The Giants listen to Osi ***** and moan, then tell him he can seek a trade if he wants, knowing full well that if he does find that trade, we make out fine bc we get a 1st, but if he can't find a trade, then we get to keep him so win/win situation for the team.

-This makes Osi happy. He tells his agent to go looking around and he has no ill feelings towards the organization bc they held their end of the deal.

-Osi can't find a trade partner. Left scratching his head.

-The Giants come up to Osi and say hey look, we can't find a trade partner, so take this marginal bump in salary for the remainder of your contract and like it.

-Osi thinks about it.

-Osi accepts the offer.

-Osi talks about how he always wanted to stay with the Giants and how he's not a distraction or bad teammate and how he's going to go earn his next contract blah blah blah.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Back to the Ben Patrick thing for a moment

Coughlin also said that signing of Ben Patrick doesn't impact Kevin Boss. Just means more competition.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it impacts Boss. If anything, it impacts Beckum. The guy is playing on the 3rd string in practice. That can't be good.

We'll keep 3 TEs this year.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Back to the Ben Patrick thing for a moment

Coughlin also said that signing of Ben Patrick doesn't impact Kevin Boss. Just means more competition.

Competition for Beckum and Pascoe.

I wouldn't completely rule out Snellings either, if he is cheap enough, he could complete for that 3rd RB spot, he is a better receiving threat than either Jacobs or Bradshaw.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Competition for Beckum and Pascoe.

I wouldn't completely rule out Snellings either, if he is cheap enough, he could complete for that 3rd RB spot, he is a better receiving threat than either Jacobs or Bradshaw.
That's what I said but some people felt otherwise earlier today so I was posting it for them.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's what I said but some people felt otherwise earlier today so I was posting it for them.
It would depend on how much Snellings would cost. But the bottom has dropped out of the RB free agency market, so Snellings might be available relatively cheaply.

Don't forget he comes from Toms River, NJ