Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-22-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno if the numbers check out, but it sure seems like we cause a lot more turnovers under Fewell than we used to, even when we had Spags. Wonder if that's something different the coaches are doing or just having better cover-players.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fewell has always been known for his D's to give up yards but create more turnovers and that's exactly what we've seen here.

Bradshaw has been pumped ever since he fumbled in the Browns game. He's been a totally different runner since then.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone else a little surprised we haven't locked up one of our younger guys yet? Are they waiting to find out what the estimated cap might be in a few years?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I dunno if the numbers check out, but it sure seems like we cause a lot more turnovers under Fewell than we used to, even when we had Spags. Wonder if that's something different the coaches are doing or just having better cover-players.
Zone defense. You play more zone, you'll generate more turnovers.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Is anyone else a little surprised we haven't locked up one of our younger guys yet? Are they waiting to find out what the estimated cap might be in a few years?
Maybe they're scared after what happened to Steve Smith? Luckily for us, Steve turned their offer down but then got hurt immediately afterwards. Maybe they want to squeeze as many healthy games as they can out of both of them before they start paying them more money?

I have a feeling we franchise 1, and extend the other. Then see if we can extend the other next year. Just a guess on my part.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm not just talking about Nicks and Cruz. JPP, Joseph, Kenny, and so on.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

JPP has time. Joseph...I don't think he's worth re-signing. Kenny might wind up being an odd man out.

Osi is gonna walk. Beatty needs to do more than play well for a couple of games. Barden is gonna walk. Beckum is gonna walk.

We're gonna have a lot of roster turnover. This core is gonna change a lot over the next 2 years.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Zone defense. You play more zone, you'll generate more turnovers.
While true it seems more than that, the players seem to go for the strip more instead of just wrapping up and even Web's made some picks that would've bounced right off of his hands back in the day. Seems like Perry just emphasizes it more in practice.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-22-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
JPP has time. Joseph...I don't think he's worth re-signing. Kenny might wind up being an odd man out.

Osi is gonna walk. Beatty needs to do more than play well for a couple of games. Barden is gonna walk. Beckum is gonna walk.

We're gonna have a lot of roster turnover. This core is gonna change a lot over the next 2 years.
I'd like to see us hold onto Joseph and Kenny. With Osi walking, Tuck's future in the air, rolle coming due for an extension and Canty being gone soon, I think there might end up being more money available than you're predicting.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-22-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Joseph is very underrated on the D. He's better than Cofield ever was.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone having trouble with this website?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Anyone having trouble with this website?
Last night there was an issue but everything should be ok now. I haven't had any problems since then.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
The Shahanans were pressed to devise a system that would allow them to be competitive and win with a rookie starting QB and not have to play through a rookie QB's mistakes.
As time goes on I suspect the Skins passing offense will resemble more traditional schemes, but it's still going to be very multiple with more than a generous dose of those read option plays.
All any QB can do is be successful in the scheme they're asked to play, so in that sense all NFL QBs are 'system' QBs.
It's a great system! I seem it when I coached, and seen at the HS level too. It's a pain! I respect the heck out of it and love to watch the service schools, run those various types of offenses with a mobile QB. It's just a pain to to defense and your stomach groans watching the QB and RB just get chunks left and right.

That's why I said, I came away from the game with two things. I was VERY impressed with the system AND very impressed with that RB. That guy is a bowling ball that just can't be tackled. It was very good to see those two things for me. I love seeing creative offensive systems, and that system is going to be an issue. I think Bob did some good things, but I wasn't impressed with him from any standpoint. He in that system though runs it well and will cause problems. But props to the coaching staff and the RB. That's a good RB there!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Last night there was an issue but everything should be ok now. I haven't had any problems since then.
Ok good then. I though it was me. I tried posting but the website wouldn't load up on my phone. So I figured the phone internet was acting up.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2007 SB:
Washington 1-1
Philadelphia 2-0
Dallas 0-2

2011 SB:
Washington 0-2
Philadelphia 1-1
Dallas 2-0

2012:
Washington 1-0
Philadelphia 0-1
Dallas 0-1

If we want to win the superbowl, we beat Dallas, lose to Philly week 17 and beat Washington week 13.

ITS SCIENCE
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Because...giants!

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-22-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone else ready for us to win next week getting to our annual 6-2 and then our subsequent annual mid-season crash?

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Is anyone else ready for us to win next week getting to our annual 6-2 and then our subsequent annual mid-season crash?
Yup. I expect Fewell to go back to 3 man rushes from then on. Osi and Tuck taking turns dropping back in coverage.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't want to jinx it, but this schedule doesn't seem as hard anymore as it did when it originally came out. The Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, and Saints to me just don't feel as tough of a game as they originally did. They obviously aren't a walk in the park, but this schedule seemed brutal when it came out. I just don't fear it as much anymore.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You guys almost always finish strong though, I'd be ecstatic with 6 wins at the halfway point. With the parity in the league Eli has a really good chance at getting another ring this year.

I really don't see us beating you guys, not with how well you guys have closed games and how terrible we have been. I think everyone was just so jacked up for the opener and to get "revenge" it had everyone playing at a level they won't be able to replicate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You guys almost always finish strong though, I'd be ecstatic with 6 wins at the halfway point. With the parity in the league Eli has a really good chance at getting another ring this year.

I really don't see us beating you guys, not with how well you guys have closed games and how terrible we have been. I think everyone was just so jacked up for the opener and to get "revenge" it had everyone playing at a level they won't be able to replicate.
We will see what defense shows up and which Fewell shows up. If the defense plays well I think we may win big. But it's the regular season AND we have Fewell off a bad defensive game. So this game will be close, and you guys could possibly win too. So let's see how our defense plays.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we win because Giants... I like my odds at 6-2... after that who knows. But I am banking on us finishing strong as usual.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 10-23-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I don't want to jinx it, but this schedule doesn't seem as hard anymore as it did when it originally came out. The Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, and Saints to me just don't feel as tough of a game as they originally did. They obviously aren't a walk in the park, but this schedule seemed brutal when it came out. I just don't fear it as much anymore.
I said that a couple of weeks ago. The Ravens might be playing out the season by then and the Steelers D doesn't scare me. The Bengals are decent but nothing we can't handle. The Saints can still spread us out though even if they are on the road. The Packers will be close.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-23-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I said that a couple of weeks ago. The Ravens might be playing out the season by then and the Steelers D doesn't scare me. The Bengals are decent but nothing we can't handle. The Saints can still spread us out though even if they are on the road. The Packers will be close.
Are we home against the Saints? If we are I like us a lot more in that game... if its in the Superdome I'd be quivering after the smack down they gave us last time.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 10-23-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah we're home but they still have our number a bit. I still feel like we can get the W though.

sig by BoneKrusher