Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-02-2011, 05:27 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
It would depend on how much Snellings would cost. But the bottom has dropped out of the RB free agency market, so Snellings might be available relatively cheaply.

Don't forget he comes from Toms River, NJ
That's where I am from.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ross says he will not play safety at all anymore. Speculation that he could be traded at the end of the preseason.

I'd think detroit would be a fit, 3rd rounder?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are we just going to trade our depth away after watching how injuries have ravaged this team the last few years?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a shame what happened with Ross. The guy had an unbelievable rookie season. You could make an argument that he actually outperformed Revis their rookie years.

But then he got depressed, lost his love for the game, got injured, and he's never been the same since. Even in practice this year, he's not exactly lighting the world on fire.

I'd keep him bc you won't find a better nickel/4th CB in the league than Ross, but it's just a little depressing to see what he is, and know what he could have been if he just had the desire to be great.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Beckum is making this team. I just don't see where he fits.

Not a WR, not a TE, not a FB. Not even a good STer. So what is he? I feel like he's wasting a roster spot right now.

I really want to see improvement from him this PS, it's year 3 now.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think this will be a make or break training camp for Beatty, Beckum, and Sintim.

All 3 need to prove something. Beatty needs to prove he is more than a swing tackle, Beckum needs to prove he can play in this offense and deserves a roster spot, and Sintim needs to do the same for the defense.

I'll give Ramses 1 more year. Unless he's hurt all season again. Then maybe it's just time to move on.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd cut Beckum. It was a terrible pick at the time because we're not creative to use him and it's played out exactly like we thought. I can't even blame him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, where do you guys get your training camp updates?

I have like 9 million sites to get Yankee news, and only like 3 to get Giants news.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
By the way, where do you guys get your training camp updates?

I have like 9 million sites to get Yankee news, and only like 3 to get Giants news.
i follow all the beatwriters on twitter. Mike Garafolo, Ralph Vacciano, Ohm Youngmusik, and I think someone else I'm forgetting.

Also check out bigblueinteractive.com

They pretty much link you to any relevant giants article there is. They're typically a day behind though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'd cut Beckum. It was a terrible pick at the time because we're not creative to use him and it's played out exactly like we thought. I can't even blame him.
It depends, let's see how his blocking looks this year. If he can't block, then cut him. That's pretty much what it comes down to. We all know he is a decent pass catching threat, probably better than Boss, but he's such a mediocre run blocker.

If that doesn't improve, I think you just gotta move on. There's no place on this roster for a TE who can't run block.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

At work I can't get on BBI so I just use Garafolo and Ohm.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
At work I can't get on BBI so I just use Garafolo and Ohm.
Follow Ralph Vacciano too. He's the best of the 3 when it comes to responding to any questions you have.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ralph annoys me with his opinions sometimes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are any newspapers doing training camp reports? I use to read those all the time, but it doesn't seem like they're happening this year. Or is it just me?
Old 08-02-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Eh, it's nice to hear something different sometimes.

Garafolo comes off as arrogant to me sometimes.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha yeah, as a journalist major I (for the most part) hate sports writers. They think because they deal with sports they can just inject their opinion into everything, which is almost always negative, without regard for who it affects.

I know it's just a game, but it would be nice if they took it seriously and showed some journalistic integrity or ethics.

/mini-rant
Old 08-02-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Clayton is back with the Giants.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

I've been following Ralph V and Garafolo. Forgot about Ohm, he used to work with Ralph, but I think he is at ESPN now.

I do agree GF, Ralph is a bit annoying sometimes. To be honest he annoys me more when he refuses to put his opinion on something, I remember asking him a few years ago who'd he like to see as our DC. It took like 10 msgs back and forth on twitter for him to basically say he'd like pepper johnson because of his ties with the giants.

I think the issue is more that he isn't really a football guy.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Him and Devon Thomas will likely battle for the final WR spot. I think Thomas wins it. He's looked good so far in camp, and he's a better ST player.

A familiar face in our WR core will be gone. I think it's Hixon.

Let's not forget either, Tolly and Chase are gone. Neither are coming back. So that frees up 2 roster spots as well.

I think Adrian Tracy will make the team. Don't know who replaces Tolly's roster spot.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm upset about Chase. He was one of our best special team players.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm gonna miss Chase too. He was one of my favorite players.

It kind of upsets me that DeOssie still has a roster spot but Chase doesn't. DeOssie is worthless, he's just a long snapper.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Long snapping is very important, let's not underestimate that. Also, Deossise gets down the field quick as well. We're just upset because we thought he had a lot more potential.

On a related note it sounds like Belichick's son has a good chance to be the long snapper for Rutgers this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Come home Bellichick. Come home.

Wouldn't it be nice to see your son on local television? I'll pick you up at the airport.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well he this kid is a 5th year. He played lacrosse for 4 years so I guess now he has 1 year of eligibility left. BB knows the importance of long snapping so that's why he wants his son doing it haha.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Trying out Gabe Watson today. Remember how many people mocked him to us?
Old 08-02-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Trying out Gabe Watson today. Remember how many people mocked him to us?
Yes. And we still haven't found that stud DT.