Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-02-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember having a hard on for Allan Branch. Good times. I think I liked Watson too.

I liked some awful players. Jimmy Williams, Allan Branch, Reggie Nelson, Chris Houston, Bobby Carpenter.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I remember having a hard on for Allan Branch. Good times. I think I liked Watson too.

I liked some awful players. Jimmy Williams, Allan Branch, Reggie Nelson, Chris Houston, Bobby Carpenter.
I liked all those guys as well except Chris Houston. I was kind of indifferent about Williams.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I liked all those guys as well except Chris Houston. I was kind of indifferent about Williams.
Would you consider Aaron Ross a bust?

I want to say no bc we don't win the SB without him, but outside his rookie season, he's been so disappointing.

And it's pretty obvious we're not re-signing him.

So is he a bust?
Old 08-02-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would you consider Aaron Ross a bust?

I want to say no bc we don't win the SB without him, but outside his rookie season, he's been so disappointing.

And it's pretty obvious we're not re-signing him.

So is he a bust?
Bust is harsh. Slight disappointment. He's a solid serviceable player, and he was a late first where there are no guarantees. We were all concerned with his age but after his play his rookie year, those concerns went away. But he never really progressed too much past that.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I remember thinking those last 3 would be great and wanting Nelson bad

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I thought Reggie Nelson was the next Ed Reed. Boy was I wrong on that one.

Training camp is so ridiculously soft now it's unbelievable. 3 days of 1 a days and you get a day off for treatment?

What a joke. Football is turning so soft. Players are going to be out of shape to start the season, and I think we're going to see more injuries.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The #Giants have signed DT Gabe Watson...welcome him to the #nyg!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

David Carr. Ben Patrick. Gabe Watson.

You scared yet Philly? Oh yeaaaaaah.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
David Carr. Ben Patrick. Gabe Watson.

You scared yet Philly? Oh yeaaaaaah.
Philly has an o-line coach as their D-Coordinator. No where ever mentions this.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Philly has an o-line coach as their D-Coordinator. No where ever mentions this.
Washburn is running that defense. Castillo is just a puppet. All the moves they've made have centered around the type of defense that Washburn wants to run.

Gabe is a good signing though. I like him as depth. Insurance at NT to Joseph.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Washburn is running that defense. Castillo is just a puppet. All the moves they've made have centered around the type of defense that Washburn wants to run.

Gabe is a good signing though. I like him as depth. Insurance at NT to Joseph.
Castillo has to be calling the plays though. Washburn might run the practices and build the defense, but on gameday he won't be calling the plays.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Castillo has to be calling the plays though. Washburn might run the practices and build the defense, but on gameday he won't be calling the plays.
That's true. And calling plays is half the battle. With that secondary though, it should be pretty easy to call plays. Just play man coverage all game. Keep it simple. Design some blitzes, and you're good to go.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been mentioning that to anyone who will listen Jughead. Also, let's not forget we were a 10 win team last year and have made some improvements at C and P. Last time I chcked signing big FA's doesn't make you a guaranteed SB winner.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's true. And calling plays is half the battle. With that secondary though, it should be pretty easy to call plays. Just play man coverage all game. Keep it simple. Design some blitzes, and you're good to go.
For all we know the coaching staff will be dumb and ruin Nnamdi by having a lot of zone principles.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
For all we know the coaching staff will be dumb and ruin Nnamdi by having a lot of zone principles.
You mean like how our DC does with our press man corners?
Old 08-02-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
You mean like how our DC does with our press man corners?
Exactly the same thing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Somehow, I don't feel better.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The Eagles are going to be a very good team but Ryan is right. Don't let the hype get to you.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I know, I have faith in the Giants.

If you think about it, our teams are built very similarly. Our dline is better than theirs, both our LB cores have issues, both our secondaries are very good but theirs is better on paper, both of us are deep at WR, have questionmarks along the oline, have a franchise qb and a good run game.

They just have more star power. But we're built the same.

This Giants team is talented, but they better start to realize that potential bc we've been underachieving.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

There is one big thing you left out though. Our franchise QB is on the field all the time while the Eagles one is injury prone.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Don't jinx it!
Old 08-02-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I hope I don't hold that much power without knowing it haha.

sig by BoneKrusher
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get ready for the Carlson for Osi rumors...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I like Carlson but that better not happen.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
We want your first round pick. K? Thnx.