Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-04-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to blame the D on this one when they only gave up 17 points with one of the TD's being "unlucky."

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are not a clutch D at all. The offensive right now is in a slump still. You know it's bad when you can't move the ball consistently on the 31st ranked pass defense. That's just bad.

And in the red zone, once again we settle or FGs. Just terrible!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
They are not a clutch D at all. The offensive right now is in a slump still. You know it's bad when you can't move the ball consistently on the 31st ranked pass defense. That's just bad.

And in the red zone, once again we settle or FGs. Just terrible!
We were not in a slump last night, Eli looked great and we moved the ball well until we committed so many dumb penalties and Gilbride made stupid play calls. The offense didn't look to be in a slump unless you consider dumb plays and even dumber penalties a slump.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
We were not in a slump last night, Eli looked great and we moved the ball well until we committed so many dumb penalties and Gilbride made stupid play calls. The offense didn't look to be in a slump unless you consider dumb plays and even dumber penalties a slump.
Of course we were. 16 points?! And just one TD, and rest were FGs. That's BS man!

Yeah penalties played a factor, but so did play calling, so did the game plan, and guess what? We still SUCK in the red zone, yet again! We score FGs, while the opponent score TDs.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson needs to get 10-12 carries a game at this point. The playcalling is horrible on 2nd and 3rd and long.

This is being very revisionist but Coughlin really should have went for it on 4th & 11. Put the ball in Eli's hands there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-04-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I said that as it was happening. Old man coughlin, and no creativity. Why not have a fake punt? Or go for it worse comes to worse.

We watched Whisenhunt try something because his QB was garbage. Do something!

Just a very bad game coaching. Stupid game plan, stupid play calling, add injuries, and penalties, and this was a **** show!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think you're making it out to be much worse than it really was. We lost by a point on the road to an average team who wanted to beat us in the worst way.

There are obviously a few flaws with this team but if we clean some of the stuff up we'll be fine.

I am worried about the Locklear injury. Diehl needs to find himself circa 2009.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-04-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think you're making it out to be much worse than it really was. We lost by a point on the road to an average team who wanted to beat us in the worst way.

There are obviously a few flaws with this team but if we clean some of the stuff up we'll be fine.

I am worried about the Locklear injury. Diehl needs to find himself circa 2009.
I don't think so. I been spot on along the way. I said it was the system and BBD and I went back and forth, back and forth, and finally he said NYG was right, which was nice of him. But this is my side of the ball, so I guess this stuff comes easy to me.

We lost to a team with the 31st ranked pass defense, and our red zone issues again reared their ugly heads. Play calling was terrible and bush league. We went from an all out aggressive going for it on 4th down over and over and willing to pass like heck against the packers, so a bush league play calling which has been par for this season.

And then we had penalties, bad pass protection, injuries AND to top if off ran 3rd down routes under the 1st down marker, lol.

I doubt we clean it up. Penalties? Sure, injuries happen, but our play calling, game plan, and red zone offense won't change. The system is getting stale. We barely can get open against 2nd last pass defense in the league.

The game plan was balance while getting a high TOP to keep Bob off the field. Excellent, if you assume we will score TDs instead of FGs. Bad assumption, however, because all year long we have been consistent in kicking FGs. So in essence, we are shortening the game and chances for us, and then getting 3, while the opposing offense is getting 7.

This has happened all season long! I am tired of this!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little worried about this team. Fortunately our division is pretty awful or I'd be extremely concerned. We have a tough few games left.

I did see some good signs at least. Bennett appears to be healthier. Our deep ball defense is SO much better with KP. Everything they got was underneath or midfield because our idiot linebackers bit on the play action EVERY SINGLE TIME. I can't really blame Fewell too much. We did pretty well. Our linebackers just keep falling for it over and over. They need to be able to diagnose the play.

Joseph was a clown last night. Not to mention he did nothing to stop Morris anyways. I have no problems letting him go in all honesty, and this isn't a gut reaction. One dimensional player and it's not as if he's an elite run stuffer.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yet we're 7-5 and in control of our destiny. This game wasn't a **** show as you described. It was a tough loss to a division opponent on the road where we could have easily won.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-04-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just need to take care of business against some tough teams. That's the tough thing about it.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Joseph was pulling the guy out of the pile and Lichenstein kicked him. Joseph was going to stomp him to retaliate but stopped himself midway. I don't think it was a big deal. Joseph held the line last night also so I don't know what you're talking about. It wasn't his fault the LB's and Rolle couldn't wrap Morris up. I don't think anyone ever said Jospeh was elite at anything but besides him and JPP we haven't seen much from the DL this year.

Tuck should walk unless he comes back on a team friendly deal. I've seen enough of him this year to know he'll never be the same player again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-04-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Yet we're 7-5 and in control of our destiny. This game wasn't a **** show as you described. It was a tough loss to a division opponent on the road where we could have easily won.
Yeah it was, bad play calling, the game plan stunk, penalties galore on special teams and on the OL. Just a bad game. We got out coached. The good things I saw with aggressive Coughlin last game was wiped away by this game with the bush league stuff we ran. We had this game, and the lead, but we settle for 3 and the opponent scores TD. How many times has this happened this season?

This was a game we needed to have. I don't have confidence against the Sains and then Ravens. We have issues with Morris, what happens when we play Ray Rice!

We are 7-5, but let's see what happens with the remaining teams. Saints, Ravens, Falcons, and Eagles. We have the amazing ability to lose to all of them.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
We just need to take care of business against some tough teams. That's the tough thing about it.
That's when we play our best anyways.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-04-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Yeah it was, bad play calling, the game plan stunk, penalties galore on special teams and on the OL. Just a bad game. We got out coached. The good things I saw with aggressive Coughlin last game was wiped away by this game with the bush league stuff we ran. We had this game, and the lead, but we settle for 3 and the opponent scores TD. How many times has this happened this season?

This was a game we needed to have. I don't have confidence against the Sains and then Ravens. We have issues with Morris, what happens when we play Ray Rice!

We are 7-5, but let's see what happens with the remaining teams. Saints, Ravens, Falcons, and Eagles. We have the amazing ability to lose to all of them.
And the amazing ability to beat every single one of them. Falcons and Ravens aren't all that good despite their records.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-04-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Meh, I suppose I am somebody who believes you take each season and each game as an individual event. I don't believe it's hard to win back to back championships because each season is it's own.

Same with the whole backs against our wall thing. I just think we rely way to heavily on this as Giants fans when most teams would be extremely concerned right now.

And I didn't see anything special from Josepeh at all. I'm not really sure what you're seeing but he made almost no impact. Did he occupy a blocker? Sure. But you need to be able to disengage and make a play as all good tackle should be able to.

I blame our linebackers to extent, but I blame them more for not staying disciplined and killing us in the pass game more. Our defensive line was getting blown up all night by the Redskins line. Alfred had huge holes to run through.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
And the amazing ability to beat every single one of them. Falcons and Ravens aren't all that good despite their records.
True, but the way we are playing right now, I don't see it.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
True, but the way we are playing right now, I don't see it.
We just crushed the Packers at home and looked very good on both sides of the ball.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-04-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
We just crushed the Packers at home and looked very good on both sides of the ball.
We did, but let's not leave out vital information. How many injuries did they have on both sides of the ball?

No OL
NO WR
Raji and Hawk, and a bunch of scrubs on that defense.

They had no one! we did show new things to our credit! Great new screen, new formations, and we had an amazing mad aggressive streak where we wanted to score no matter what. We were throwing for it, going on 4th down over and over, and it was great! I loved it!

I should have known that was too great to last. Back to bush league play calling, and old man coughlin reverted back to boring. How many players were out for Washington? If I am not mistaken they are a healthy team.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who is not worried?

For some reason I thought we were gonna win a close game the entire game. Then we didn't. And I was like oh well. It just didn't bother me for some reason. I was actually excited about the game.

1. Nicks is looking healthier, looking faster.
2. Bennett is looking healthier and faster.
3. Tuck didn't play many snaps (I'll elaborate later)
4. KP and JPP played.
5. Osi looks fresh.
6. Bradshaw looks better.

Those signs were all good news to me. I expected us to go 1-1 btw GB and Washington. We did that. Granted, it was flipped, I thought we'd beat Washington and lose to GB, but whatever.

Now, onto the bad news:

1. Locklear injury hurts bad. We are a MUCH better OL with him in there. That sucks. Major problem.
2. Tuck. Tuck is awful. The guy has 3 sacks on the season, he takes a TON of plays off, never plays with any consistent motor. He's the definition of average and I'm tired of him pretending to be a leader. I'm tired of him moping around, chewing on his stupid mouthpiece by himself on the sideline, giving no effort on the field, making excuses, then acting like he's the leader of our defense.

He didn't even play many snaps last night. He played less than 50% of our snaps. And he STILL took plays off. He took off half of his plays. He's done. Get rid of him.
3. Redzone offense.

Don't put this on the defense. The defense did their job. The offense's issues in the redzone and penalties cost us the game. But I'm not worried. We still control our own destiny.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Offense and red zone offense. 4 FGs chances and we missed 1 FG. if we are the FG kings we can't be missing FGs on top of that. Red zone offense will and always will bite us in the butt.

And that connects to the defense in the sense that we can kick FGs to take a lead. So kicking 2 FGs gives us a 6 point lead. So by doing that we may have stopped them on two series, however, all it takes is 1 series where they score a TD and now we are behind. In fact, I knew once we were up 6 like that a TD would screw us and I expected it.

4 FG chances in the red zone and 1 TD we got, and missed 1 FG on top of it. Not going to do much with that nonsense.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Redzone offense takes a dive bc we're not a great running team. It's a basic rule in football: if you can't run in the redzone, you won't be a great redzone offense. Contrarily, if you can't stop the run, you won't be a great redzone defense.

It's simple. We try to overthink it too much, but it's simple. That's the problem.

And we aren't winning 1 on 1 battles on the outside which makes passing in the redzone difficult.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Am I the only one who is not worried?

For some reason I thought we were gonna win a close game the entire game. Then we didn't. And I was like oh well. It just didn't bother me for some reason. I was actually excited about the game.

1. Nicks is looking healthier, looking faster.
2. Bennett is looking healthier and faster.
3. Tuck didn't play many snaps (I'll elaborate later)
4. KP and JPP played.
5. Osi looks fresh.
6. Bradshaw looks better.

Those signs were all good news to me. I expected us to go 1-1 btw GB and Washington. We did that. Granted, it was flipped, I thought we'd beat Washington and lose to GB, but whatever.

Now, onto the bad news:

1. Locklear injury hurts bad. We are a MUCH better OL with him in there. That sucks. Major problem.
2. Tuck. Tuck is awful. The guy has 3 sacks on the season, he takes a TON of plays off, never plays with any consistent motor. He's the definition of average and I'm tired of him pretending to be a leader. I'm tired of him moping around, chewing on his stupid mouthpiece by himself on the sideline, giving no effort on the field, making excuses, then acting like he's the leader of our defense.

He didn't even play many snaps last night. He played less than 50% of our snaps. And he STILL took plays off. He took off half of his plays. He's done. Get rid of him.
3. Redzone offense.

Don't put this on the defense. The defense did their job. The offense's issues in the redzone and penalties cost us the game. But I'm not worried. We still control our own destiny.
If you have been readong my posts today you can also tell I'm not worried. NYG is the one who thinks the sky is falling.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-04-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
We did, but let's not leave out vital information. How many injuries did they have on both sides of the ball?

No OL
NO WR
Raji and Hawk, and a bunch of scrubs on that defense.

They had no one! we did show new things to our credit! Great new screen, new formations, and we had an amazing mad aggressive streak where we wanted to score no matter what. We were throwing for it, going on 4th down over and over, and it was great! I loved it!

I should have known that was too great to last. Back to bush league play calling, and old man coughlin reverted back to boring. How many players were out for Washington? If I am not mistaken they are a healthy team.
The WR's GB had in that game are a million times better than the WR's from Washington last night.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-04-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
If you have been readong my posts today you can also tell I'm not worried. NYG is the one who thinks the sky is falling.
Yeah I just came in and posted. I didn't want to read all the reactions.

I just don't mind. Maybe I'm being too confident, but I still feel that this division is ours. And the wildcard birth is clustered as well. We have outs. I'm not concerned.

Not yet at least. In fact, I see our team trending in the positive direction. We're getting healthy, and we're playing better defense. I think we make our run now.