Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-12-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
That Eagles game worries me the most, but we'll either already be qualified or really need the win, so I think we'll pull it off, but I'm pretty confident about the next two weeks.
I think we have three danger games to be honest.

While I do think we are a decent chance in all three game, the first two are against two good physical teams who would like nothing better to than to knock the defending champs off and prove they are legit contenders.

We really need to show up and play well.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Why do you hate Mike Smith?
Mike Smith used him. He did an internship with the Falcons where Smith asked him to track the trends of all flags thrown by every ref group so they can see how each group calls the games they ref.

Then basically gave NYG no credit for his work and booted him out the door without even a thank you.

So I share NYG's hatred of the Falcons bc of Mike Smith.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's disgusting. I hope we repeat our playoff performance every time we play them.

If Bradshaw doesn't play do you think Wilson gets any more than 15 carries?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like no Prince, Phillips, or Bradshaw this week.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-13-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All big blows to our team.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sounds like no Prince, Phillips, or Bradshaw this week.
Prince is the only name there that has me upset. I love Phillips and he is always a big help, but we have won big games without him before and Bradshaw could use a week off, I trust Wilson, Lumpkin and Torain to collectively equal Bradsha's production

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We really needed Prince for this week. That's a huge blow.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We really needed Prince for this week. That's a huge blow.
Big big blow. Webster or Rolle on the 2 big WR's now I guess.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-13-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Big big blow. Webster or Rolle on the 2 big WR's now I guess.
Can't. Hosely has to go on 1 of them. Rolle plays the slot. I expect a **** ton of Cover 2 with little to no blitzing this week. Fewell doesn't blitz unless he trusts his back end. Even then blitzing is minimal.

With no Phillips or Prince he's gonna go into full ****** mode.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Hosley only plays the slot also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-13-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which team would concern you the most in the playoffs?

The 49ers, who you crushed in San Fran earlier this year?
The Packers, who you crushed in NY a few weeks ago, and KO'd last playoffs?
Atlanta, who you shutout last year in the playoffs?
Seattle?
Chicago?

Last year at this time, I was one of the few who was worried about the Giants. Even you guys had less confidence in the Giants than I did this time last year.
I don't see any team here who you won't beat if you play well, just look at what you've done to those best teams.

But if someone was gonna beat you, who would you bet is the team?
Curious at the pulse of G-Nation at this particular point in time.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be a good game this weekend. The Falcons seem to play either up or down to our competition, which is a trait I feel both our teams share. I can guarantee it won't be a 24-2 smackdown like last year but wouldn't be surprised to see this game go either way. You guys will be fighting to maintain control of the NFC East, we'll be playing to prove to ourselves and others we can hang with the top dogs in the NFL. As BBD and Bart Scott would say... "CAN'T WAIT!"
Old 12-13-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Which team would concern you the most in the playoffs?

The 49ers, who you crushed in San Fran earlier this year?
The Packers, who you crushed in NY a few weeks ago, and KO'd last playoffs?
Atlanta, who you shutout last year in the playoffs?
Seattle?
Chicago?

Last year at this time, I was one of the few who was worried about the Giants. Even you guys had less confidence in the Giants than I did this time last year.
I don't see any team here who you won't beat if you play well, just look at what you've done to those best teams.

But if someone was gonna beat you, who would you bet is the team?
Curious at the pulse of G-Nation at this particular point in time.
Nevermind read that wrong.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 12-13-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why do you hate Mike Smith?
I know Tony Siragusa, and I wanted to get into D1 coaching or work in scouting for an NFL team. I got interviews with Coach Garret Sr. I also went out to lunch and went to Siragusas house where he called Mike Smith. They go way back from the Ravens days. So he called saying he had a guy who wanted to get his foot in the door.

So Coach Smith called and this was not really an internship it was a like a project he wanted me to do. The goal was do this and come in May for mini camp, and then they would call me during training camp, and work there, which would lead to something else.

I had gotten close but never got 2 feet in. I had Gene Smith the GM of the Jags before he was GM call me, and I sent my resume to NFL because of the contacts you have. Don't waste your time, or you will be stuck in the college ranks.

Well like BBD said, the project Coach Smith called me for was a scouting break down of every single Ref crew team and each person within that team! He said it should take a week, but I knew it wouldn't so I worked months in advance. I went to Atlanta and they geared me up and such. We worked watching film, and I worked with the Video guys.

I did a lot, but then it was a longer project. I did like most of the project, but since I don't have game film, I can't see who threw the flag. However, the template and total stats I did. They just needed to add the individual position ref and who threw what flag. Then I'd be done!

Well, I talked to Smith and he said I'd call you in 2 weeks. I was excited and kept my phone on me everywhere. Weeks turned into months, and training camp ended. Friends and family asked me did I get a call, Yes or no? The worse thing ever is saying, I am not sure, they didn't call back.

Well week 1 ended, and Coach Smith calls! He said he thought I was watching, which is BS, he knew I was waiting for the call! I said no I am not, and he said ok, well he will call me to work again for that year's project. It helped them win against the Dolphins. So it was a success! I was happy that my hard work paid of! He said he'd call in a couple days. In the mean time, talk to the video head guy. I said ok! I was happy again!

So I emailed the video guy, telling him what coach Smith said. He said that they are doing it, and basically nicely said, they are doing it. So, in other words, they had my stuff, and why need me? They have the film, AND my stuff. So... I said, ok.. Do you have the filled out information for my other project so I can use it if I interview with other teams. Want to know what he said? They lost it.. They can't find it?! How do you lose something you worked months AND months doing? So now, I can't complete my work either.

Again, weeks, and months went by. Coach Smith never called! I tried calling him for like months, and Brenda, I think, his assistant said she leave a message for him. Eventually, I gave up. I got the hint, why would they need me? They have everything now. So basically, I got I got hung out to dry, with not even a call back to reject me. Just like that ignored and that's it.

My dad thought I was going to get my foot in, and it looked he took it harder than I did. That was the season where we had Sheridan, 2010 season, when the Saints won. We won then! We won in the playoffs, and I hope we win on sunday and if we see them in the playoffs. I hope Karma gets to him, and when that happens, then that balance will be paid off.

That's when I realized talking to other older coaches, that their are coaches who are so under pressure to make it, that they use everyone around them, in hopes of making it in the NFL, and staying successful.

So, I gave up the NFL, did my post back, and now applying for medical school. BBD knows about it all.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I know Tony Siragusa, and I wanted to get into D1 coaching or work in scouting for an NFL team. I got interviews with Coach Garret Sr. I also went out to lunch and went to Siragusas house where he called Mike Smith. They go way back from the Ravens days. So he called saying he had a guy who wanted to get his foot in the door.

So Coach Smith called and this was not really an internship it was a like a project he wanted me to do. The goal was do this and come in May for mini camp, and then they would call me during training camp, and work there, which would lead to something else.

I had gotten close but never got 2 feet in. I had Gene Smith the GM of the Jags before he was GM call me, and I sent my resume to NFL because of the contacts you have. Don't waste your time, or you will be stuck in the college ranks.

Well like BBD said, the project Coach Smith called me for was a scouting break down of every single Ref crew team and each person within that team! He said it should take a week, but I knew it wouldn't so I worked months in advance. I went to Atlanta and they geared me up and such. We worked watching film, and I worked with the Video guys.

I did a lot, but then it was a longer project. I did like most of the project, but since I don't have game film, I can't see who threw the flag. However, the template and total stats I did. They just needed to add the individual position ref and who threw what flag. Then I'd be done!

Well, I talked to Smith and he said I'd call you in 2 weeks. I was excited and kept my phone on me everywhere. Weeks turned into months, and training camp ended. Friends and family asked me did I get a call, Yes or no? The worse thing ever is saying, I am not sure, they didn't call back.

Well week 1 ended, and Coach Smith calls! He said he thought I was watching, which is BS, he knew I was waiting for the call! I said no I am not, and he said ok, well he will call me to work again for that year's project. It helped them win against the Dolphins. So it was a success! I was happy that my hard work paid of! He said he'd call in a couple days. In the mean time, talk to the video head guy. I said ok! I was happy again!

So I emailed the video guy, telling him what coach Smith said. He said that they are doing it, and basically nicely said, they are doing it. So, in other words, they had my stuff, and why need me? They have the film, AND my stuff. So... I said, ok.. Do you have the filled out information for my other project so I can use it if I interview with other teams. Want to know what he said? They lost it.. They can't find it?! How do you lose something you worked months AND months doing? So now, I can't complete my work either.

Again, weeks, and months went by. Coach Smith never called! I tried calling him for like months, and Brenda, I think, his assistant said she leave a message for him. Eventually, I gave up. I got the hint, why would they need me? They have everything now. So basically, I got I got hung out to dry, with not even a call back to reject me. Just like that ignored and that's it.

My dad thought I was going to get my foot in, and it looked he took it harder than I did. That was the season where we had Sheridan, 2010 season, when the Saints won. We won then! We won in the playoffs, and I hope we win on sunday and if we see them in the playoffs. I hope Karma gets to him, and when that happens, then that balance will be paid off.

That's when I realized talking to other older coaches, that their are coaches who are so under pressure to make it, that they use everyone around them, in hopes of making it in the NFL, and staying successful.

So, I gave up the NFL, did my post back, and now applying for medical school. BBD knows about it all.
What a phuqer.
Now you're in med school though, much safer path.

Nobody answered my question above.
And yes 1080, killed SF in SF.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Man, I am so sorry for you. ******* douchebag Falcons. I now hate that team as well. Well, at least Mike Smith. That's a dick move being a NFL coach and taking advantage of a young guy trying to make it.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks. Hopefully come spring time I know where I am going to be in medical school come Fall of 2013 assuming I get in. However, I thought I was so close. The worst part is not calling back to say Yes or No. Being kept in limbo is the worst thing to do.

I never like that guy.

To answer J's question,

I will say 9ers. Even though we beat them, I still think they post us the biggest threat. If we are on our game and get our head of our butts, we are the best the best team in the NFC. Get in is the motto and let's hope we can do our thing.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

Man that's some crappy stuff. Unfortunately the world is filled with scum like that and it's probably even more so in the NFL. Sorry you had to be in the middle like that not knowing your fate. Hope there is Giants retribution the rest of your life against that a-hole.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-13-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm sorry to hear that as well, NYG. Sounds like you did a lot of good work and should have been rewarded for it. Smith sounds like an asshole.

I don't see the harm of him taking a few minutes to AT LEAST give you a good recommendation to others out there, even if they weren't going to give you a position within their organization.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:35 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
T
To answer J's question,

I will say 9ers. Even though we beat them, I still think they post us the biggest threat. If we are on our game and get our head of our butts, we are the best the best team in the NFC. Get in is the motto and let's hope we can do our thing.
I think I would say the same thing if in your shoes.
We're "soft" in the trenches, and our DB's tackle like girls.

Lookin forward to your game at Atlanta this week.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah it's safe to say I hate Mike Smith and hope that turd has what's coming to him. I can root for Atlanta to do well when he's fired but I'll never root for a team that employs him. Lets just hope he never becomes a Giant lol
Old 12-14-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Doubtful.

In other news our assistant OL coach Matt Rhule is a finalist for the Temple head coaching job.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not surprising considering how well our offensive line is doing this year (all things considered).

We all thought the offensive line was going to be awful but it's actually turned out to be pretty good overall. Beatty's development has really saved us, not to mention it has saved us a draft pick.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Beatty has been very good. The right side of the line has still be terrible in some games though. Snee and Diehl were schooled multiple times in that Bengals game. I hope Brewer can play next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The RT position has been a problem when Diehl is in. I'd like to see us upgrade LG too bc Boothe while serviceable doesn't pull well. And RG is getting old.

But overall pretty good. It's WR that's been a problem this year.