Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-03-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am resigned to the fact stupid Fewell isn't going anywhere. It would have been done already so Fewell could try to get a job. Now he is damaged goods. No one wants a HC who can't master his own side of the ball. It's not like Fewell is a "hot" named coach and will get interviews.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Depending on our cuts we're really not going to have all that much money for any FA's. Most of our improvements will have to come through the draft this year.
We all know that rookies are not likely to start under Coughlin. The most likely impact they would have is to work into the rotation towards the latter half of their rookie year.

Remember with rookies, we are building for the future, not necessarily to fill immediate needs.

I do think we can rework some deals and create some reasonable cap room to work with.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I am resigned to the fact stupid Fewell isn't going anywhere. It would have been done already so Fewell could try to get a job. Now he is damaged goods. No one wants a HC who can't master his own side of the ball. It's not like Fewell is a "hot" named coach and will get interviews.
I actually think Fewell will somewhat reinvent his philosophy in the offseason.

I think Perry Fewell will make adjusments to his schemes including some more aggressive elements to the repetoire. He has relied on the line to get to the quarterback, but I think he will include more blitzing. We saw a little of that late in the season, but comprehensive blitz packages will take an offseason to install.

We will still have the same core, but will also have more aggressive options in his bag of tricks.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post

I think Perry Fewell will make adjusments to his schemes including some more aggressive elements to the repetoire. He has relied on the line to get to the quarterback, but I think he will include more blitzing. We saw a little of that late in the season, but comprehensive blitz packages will take an offseason to install.

We will still have the same core, but will also have more aggressive options in his bag of tricks.
LOL. I hope that happens! I'd settle for average or 16th ranked in total yards. Christ, 27th and 31st is miserable! I doubt he adds any blitz packages. When he does it all gets blocked and picked up. Your typical show and tell blitz and since it's shown they block it up, DL gets stopped,and secondary gets bent over.

Maybe he will stop putting all his eggs in the DL, pass rush basket, and actually help compliment them with aggressiveness. I wouldn't hold my breath. I really can't stand his philosophy and system.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post

Why would he change now after he didn't all season?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
because I kidnapped his family. that's why
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Pressure from Coughlin, Reese and co

Remember Coughlin's comments that it may take an offseason to fix our passrush?
He may not be refering to talent alone
Old 01-03-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

deleted.....

Last edited by Big_Pete : 01-03-2013 at 10:04 PM. Reason: deleted
Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Jerry Reese wants Michael Strahan to work with Jason Pierre-Paul

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-pierre-paul/
Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
because I kidnapped his family. that's why
Now we're not condoning that sort of behavior...but you would have like, at least 34% of my love

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 01-04-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marc Ross turned down the Jets because he wanted to hire his own coach. Only Carolina to worry about at this moment.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-04-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

2013 Training Camp to be held at the Timex Center and not in Albany.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-04-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Marc Ross turned down the Jets because he wanted to hire his own coach. Only Carolina to worry about at this moment.
Giants college scouting director Marc Ross and senior pro personnel analyst Dave Gettleman are GM candidates in Carolina.

What is the impact if Gettleman were to leave?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ross now interviewing with the Jaguars and Chargers. Ross is as good as gone.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-04-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that's what I was referring to before when I said Ross was gone when I saw he was interviewing with those teams too.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Panthers to sign Dave Gettleman as their GM, never even heard of him
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

2 big hits to the FO this offseason.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-04-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they should collectively hire us as one FO hire. I'd like to think we'd be useful
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You traded a first round pick for Braylon Edwards so it won't be you, Scotty.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
You traded a first round pick for Braylon Edwards so it won't be you, Scotty.
THAT WAS SO LONG AGO!

I've made some steals in the past though so shush.
Also, I've been chase's biggest advocate and the coaches always rave about him soCHALK ONE UP FOR SCOTTY
Quote:
Old 01-04-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
THAT WAS SO LONG AGO!

I've made some steals in the past though so shush.
Also, I've been chase's biggest advocate and the coaches always rave about him soCHALK ONE UP FOR SCOTTY
Raving for a mediocre linebacker? NICE CALL SCOTTY!

Braylon for a 1st and a 3rd! A FIRST AND A THIRD!

#wewillneverforget
Old 01-04-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love you scotty, but in the last forum mock you took Ryan Wagner with the 18th pick. The mock going on now is in the middle of Round 3 and nobody has taken him yet. :D

Giants fans, don't let him take over! haha.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Scottyboy is dead to me. Between the crappy Rutgers picks and his horrendous reputation as a forum mock(er) I can't trust him to run our team.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

To be fair, that mock was before the cfb season started, we all know how stock change. I also took harvin a fee years ago when nicks and company were gone so suck it all of you!
Quote:
Old 01-04-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Scottyboy is dead to me. Between the crappy Rutgers picks and his horrendous reputation as a forum mock(er) I can't trust him to run our team.
Better than the ****** UConn player you would have took I'm sure.

sig by BoneKrusher