Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-05-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like him there either. I much rather have him at DE.

But if he's better than Sintim at SAM, then wth right? Put your best 11 on the field. They better use him as a blitzer early and often.

And I want to see us use more 4 man lines in our nickel. I'm really not a fan of Fewell's amoeba defense in that 3 man front. I rather line up our ends all in a 4 man front and just let them ball. Use some of Washburn's gap attacking alignements.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I have a really good feeling about Kiwi this year. Regardless of where he lines up, I just think he's going to be a beast this year.

Just a hunch.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately I've turned the page on Sintim even though I loved the pick at the time. They won't do it but they might as well throw him back at De to see if he has anything to offer.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think so too, BBD. Especially if he's healthy. I wonder though, with the added strength/muscle he put on last year, is he a little too big or stiff to play LB these days?

Will be interesting to see.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really loved Sintim coming out of college and thought he could easily be a Pro Bowler if he played a blitzing type of LB, either in a 3-4 or 4-3.

What happened to this guy? Why can't he play?
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeah Sintim's a bust.

It sounds like it's an attitude problem, not a lack of talent. I hope we can trade him to a 3-4 team and get something out of him, bc he's useless for us.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah Sintim's a bust.

It sounds like it's an attitude problem, not a lack of talent. I hope we can trade him to a 3-4 team and get something out of him, bc he's useless for us.
Really? I thought it was the other way around actually.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-05-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Really? I thought it was the other way around actually.
From all the quotes from Reese and Coughlin, it just sounds like he's not putting in the necessary work to be a good player.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
From all the quotes from Reese and Coughlin, it just sounds like he's not putting in the necessary work to be a good player.
Interesting, I definitely missed that. That makes me even more mad about it then.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-05-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Interesting, I definitely missed that. That makes me even more mad about it then.
Maybe you're misinterpreting me or I'm reading btw the lines too much, but you didn't read all the quotes about how Sintim needs to "grow up"

???
Old 08-05-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No I have not seen those quotes.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Maybe you're misinterpreting me or I'm reading btw the lines too much, but you didn't read all the quotes about how Sintim needs to "grow up"

???
Haha no I really missed that somehow. I read all the daily reports everyday so I must have glossed over it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-05-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Eh, maybe I'm just putting words in their mouth. Who knows, I'm too lazy to look it up. But I do remember them saying something along those lines. I could be wrong though.

I remember there was an article last year about an interview with Sintim, and Sintim was talking about how he needed to show the coaching staff more during practice and during the week to get more playing time.

Then I remember Reese talking about it earlier this year how they expect him to mature into his role, and I read that as he's not working hard enough.

*shrug* Whatever. Regardless of why, the reality is he's just not performing. During the PS last year, he looked very soft. Didn't look physical at all. He slimmed down to play 4-3 SAM and he lost his toughness as a result.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osi and the Giants are talking contract

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-talk-contract
Old 08-05-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It does set a bad precedent if we give him more money now so I don't know what I want here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-05-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Vacciano is saying that it's BS. His agent adamantly denied it, saying they approached the Giants twice this week with "solutions" and were shot down both times.

*shrug*

And the saga continues.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

In backup DE News

Tolly is staying in Giants Blue.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's fine with me. Solid depth and quality special teams for cheap = win.

I'm curious on what we plan to do with the CB's this year. Webster, Terrell Thomas, Prince, and Ross?

Interesting to see how it pans out and how much playing time Prince gets. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded Ross, since he refuses to play at safety. Ross + Osi for a first to someone? I think that'd be pretty legit.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm not too pleased about it to be honest. Why? He's not worth the roster spot. He's a STer, nothing more. He won't provide much as a pass rusher.

We have a glut of LBs, and they all seem to be of the same value, I say we keep an extra LB than this guy. He's wasting a roster spot. We have guys who can play STs.

Hell, if we wanted an extra STs body, why didn't we choose Chase over this guy? Chase was our best STs player.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

True. I don't mind Tolly. He is what he is. Solid depth and a good special teams player. I've learned to not take those players for granted. If we could find something better I sure we would have.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it. We need a 4th DE, especially if Kiwi is going to be playing LBer. Out of everyone who is left, no one stands out. I'd rather have someone familiar with the system since anyone new who comes in now would be getting a crash course.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Kiwi is supposedly only going to be a LB on 1st and 2nd down. On passing downs he'll move to DE.

My gut tells me that he'll play SAM in our base 4-3, then when we go in our amoeba defense, he'll be the standup pass rusher. So he'll technically always be a LB but he's going to be a standup blitzer in our defense.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
That's fine with me. Solid depth and quality special teams for cheap = win.

I'm curious on what we plan to do with the CB's this year. Webster, Terrell Thomas, Prince, and Ross?

Interesting to see how it pans out and how much playing time Prince gets. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded Ross, since he refuses to play at safety. Ross + Osi for a first to someone? I think that'd be pretty legit.
We just lost our 5th CB for the year and you want to trade more of the CB depth? No thanks. Thomas said he will play S if need be.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-05-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Also, I'm very glad Tolly is back. Ive been saying we need another DE for when Osi leaves and as Jug said Tolly knows the system and has been a good Giant.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-05-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Thomas at safety would be interesting. I've always thought he was a guy who could play safety. He has the size and physicality I think to handle the position, more so than Ross.