Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-05-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I might be going to Giants practice tomorrow. Will be fun if I do.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

baaah, i can't make it this weekend.

Supposedly this Kenny Ingram character is having a great camp so far. I'm cautiously optimistic. I don't want to fall for the annual no name impressing in camp hype train.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
baaah, i can't make it this weekend.

Supposedly this Kenny Ingram character is having a great camp so far. I'm cautiously optimistic. I don't want to fall for the annual no name impressing in camp hype train.
I agree. We have 1 every year so we'll see.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like Jonas seawright! Haha and I'm pumped about keeping tolly, I love him. Also, I'm in enemy territory in Dallas... And I hate it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking to go to TC some time this week. Where can I find out the times for the practices and stuff like that? Never been to TC before :l

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****. Prince broke his foot and is going to need surgery. Ugh, what **** luck.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:29 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben Patrick has retired. WTF.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the heck is going on?

Kiwi and his broken leg, and then messed up neck

Ross and his damn hamstring

KP and his messed up knee

Prince and his foot

We should wrap JPP in bubble wrap and hope for the best.

Can we get some production out of our first rounders from the get go? Is that too much to ask? Nicks did it, JPP showed some flashes, but come on!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
****. Prince broke his foot and is going to need surgery. Ugh, what **** luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Ben Patrick has retired. WTF.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry about Prince. Not a big deal. It hurts his development for this year, but he wasn't going to see much time anyway.

I guess now is the time for Travis Beckum to step up. He has a great opportunity to grab our starting TE job and run with it.

We all know he can catch and run. I need to see him run block. That's going to be the true test.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I did want Virgil Green later in the draft though. Baaaah. And I wanted Mason Foster instead of Jerrigan.

But oh well. Reese knows a lot more than I do. Let's see what happens.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We lost our 4th and 5th cb's already. I'm worried.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We lost our 4th and 5th cb's already. I'm worried.
It does suck for sure, but unless we get more injuries (knock on wood!) it shouldn't affect us too much. Most teams don't have a good nickel corner, we were/are fortunate to have four, potentially five good CB's.

It just sucks because Prince could have potentially worked his way into the nickel position, giving us more production and ability than Ross. Still, Ross is no slouch so we should be alright.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Prince will be back.

Injuries in the secondary aren't as devastating as injuries in the front 7. Plus, you can always come out with an extra safety and play zone if you don't have any faith in your 4th and 5th CBs.

I'm worried about Steve Smith. That to me is reason for concern. Our CB depth isn't an issue.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Smith will be back by week 10. I'd have to think another team would have signed him by now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Do we still have Deion Grant? I dont think we do, but I figured I would ask to be sure

Old 08-07-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

No he's a FA.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Ight thanks. I really liked him last year and with the loss of our 4th and 5th CBs I wouldn't mind bringing him in super cheap to use in our 3 safety sets. Then again, I doubt we do that since we drafted T-Sash and signed 2 UDFA safties

Old 08-07-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sash has been impressing also so I think he's going to see a lot of time in that 3rd S role.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Ight thanks. I really liked him last year and with the loss of our 4th and 5th CBs I wouldn't mind bringing him in super cheap to use in our 3 safety sets. Then again, I doubt we do that since we drafted T-Sash and signed 2 UDFA safties
Dave Merritt and Terrell Thomas have both mentioned that Thomas will be filling the role Deon Grant had last year in our nickle packages.

Which means Ross is likely the starter at corner in these sets

Prince is likely out of the reckoning now for working into the CB rotation this year. He already had a huge learning curve, now he is out for a couple of months before he can start to practice and learn everything. He is pretty much a special teamer at this point.

I think we need to look at bringing in another body at CB, either a cheap vet with some experience. Or maybe someone like Kelvin Hayden (Colts) who would compete with Ross for the start in our nickel sets (and give us some depth); remember we have the money we had budgeted for Boss. Another option could be Lito Sheppard.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If Smith is gone til week 10, then we need Barden to get off that damn bike.

Does he not realize what kind of opportunity is staring him dead in the face? Even Coughlin called him out about that.

Jerrigan won't be ready to run the slot come week 1. If Barden isn't ready, we pretty much have to root for Cruz to do his thing.

Realistically, the job will go to Hixon, but I don't know how I feel about that.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Supposedly Will Beatty put on 29 lbs this offseason.

Anyone have a picture? I want to see how much of his frame he filled out. If he did actually put on some muscle, that's a very promising sign.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:35 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of this trade proposal, seeing as how your CB depth is a bit depleted right now:

Asante Samuel for your 1st round pick next year + Umenyiora? If that's too steep, then maybe Asante for 2012 1st rounder + Sintim? The Eagles need LBers...
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

You have a better chance of Andy Reid miraculously understanding clock management then seeing a trade between the Giants and Eagles of that caliber.

And no, we don't need Asante Samuel.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
What do you guys think of this trade proposal, seeing as how your CB depth is a bit depleted right now:

Asante Samuel for your 1st round pick next year + Umenyiora? If that's too steep, then maybe Asante for 2012 1st rounder + Sintim? The Eagles need LBers...
I don't see us trading with the Eagles at all.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote