Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-12-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I bought a Stoudemire jersey last year. Worst investment ever.

But yeah you can get basketball jerseys for cheap. I wanted to go a playoff game this year but Knick tickets are ridiculously expensive. It's just ridiculous. And they're raising prices next year too.
I'd go with Smith or Melo. Smith cause he's nuts and from Jersey. Or Melo to rep both NY/NJ and Baltimore.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith won't be on the team much longer so you're better off Melo. Especially when he wins the Knicks the championship this year.

#Knicks2013

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith is just nuts though. Guy has never seen a look he doesn't love. I find him hysterical. Plus people would be like, WTF did he just have a JR Smith jersey? I've watched more Knicks basketball this year than I have in the last 10 years combined. Definitely a front runner with them but whatever. But even then I've only watched a handful of games, but I check the scores all the time. I'll watch all the playoff games unless in coincides with the Rangers.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 04-12-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I was leaning towards Smith. I hope we don't lose him, I love him and all his craziness.

Half court turn around 3 with the game on the line? Why not.

Asking someone on twitter if they want the pipe? Why not.

Love JR. Keep reppin Jersey JR!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've watched more of the Rangers this year than ever before. I'm always in and out of Knicks games but I'm sure I'll watch the playoffs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-12-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just love trolling the NBA forum bc of their holier than thou attitude. The best part is how my trolling is actually turning out to be true.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith is also a douche bag and a pretty terrible person, fwiw. And he's not a very good player. I do not know why anyone would want his jersey.

Haha, I pretty much do not engage with you for that reason, BBD. I know you're blatantly trolling, though. I imagine it's how many good Cowboys fans must feel when their fan base is saying insane things and trolling. Plus, I don't understand how you can say people in that thread have a holier than thou attitude when you yourself do as well act the same (when you actually talk about basketball as opposed to trolling).
Old 04-12-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Oh look everyone. Buzz Killington is in the house.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh look everyone. Buzz Killington is in the house.
Meh, you know how I feel about you as a Knicks fan.

I hope you're right and we do well in the playoffs but I treat basketball differently than football. You also like to contradict yourself a lot too. Like, saying we're going to beat Miami because of the regular season series and yet we're also going to beat the Bulls if we face them who have owned us in the regular season despite not having their MVP player.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

You know I love ya Forenci.

There are no contradictions as long as you throw in that hashtag at the end.

#KnicksIn2013
Old 04-12-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha, I guess that's true. I'll be rooting for them hard in playoffs, even though I just am not sure we can keep up because of age. I feel like teams like the Heat, or even the young Pacers, will run on us all day. Now, I feel like we can beat the Pacers but it's still going to be a tough series. We can't really afford to have long, drawn out series early in the playoffs. We need to rest our legs.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Na. The playoffs is much more of a half court game. If teams wanted to run on us all game, why haven't they done it already?

We'll be fine. I expect the ECF, and then all bets are off. That's when I go into full blown homer mode and just say all sorts of foul **** to Heat fans.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTH happened to the Giants discussion thread?
Old 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Giants discussion is kind of boring right now so we're changing it up a bit.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Na. The playoffs is much more of a half court game. If teams wanted to run on us all game, why haven't they done it already?

We'll be fine. I expect the ECF, and then all bets are off. That's when I go into full blown homer mode and just say all sorts of foul **** to Heat fans.
I mean, the intensity of the playoffs is quite a bit different than the regular season. Teams are not going to run their players into the ground. It's why the Spurs take it easy in the regular season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
WTH happened to the Giants discussion thread?
Psh. It's two weeks the draft man. This is the biggest lull of the season. Pretty much everything has been discussed up until we get close to the draft and rumors/speculation starts flying.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're going to be that old team that everyone keeps saying is too old to win it all, so they do it just to prove to everyone what ******** that is before some of them ride off into the sunset.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeah, bc old teams like never won the championship before or anything.

Especially when our 2 best players aren't old at all. But yeah. Cool.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Actually our 3 best players. In fact, the only old players are on our bench.

So what's the big deal?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, bc old teams like never won the championship before or anything.

Especially when our 2 best players aren't old at all. But yeah. Cool.
Yeah but a lot of those "older" teams had young benches. The Celtics were only REALLY good one year. Once they started to age, they just were not the same. Not to mention the youth of Rondo was huge.

Older teams can win, but you need young players who can run and play defense too. We really do not have that, outside of maybe Shump.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stay tuned for the GB-NYG 2007 playoff game. In this breakdown, I broke down both, Giants and GB passing and running concepts. GB ran an amazing offense which was highly creative. It impressed me very much, and so documented plays from that system.

Our offense was starting it's hay day so to speak. The running concepts we ran was amazing, and Gilbride who gets ripped came up with very creative offensive running plays.

Re-reading this just now makes me want an OL prospect, specifically guard more than ever. This breakdown will show how much we relied on Rich S. and Chris Snee. Even O'hara pulled and ran a concept called "Center". Just a great design of plays which we need to get back to and run effectively.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Warmack or Cooper come on down!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-12-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Completed.

Yes, with the draft nearing, I like a balance of need and BPA. Strike the perfect balance or mixture of the two, and I will love it. Stick to the integrity of the board!

However, if I can pick ideally, or get on a bandwagon of a position, this year it is guard. Warmack or Cooper!

After looking through all my notes, our guards were the corner stone of our running game. Chris Snee in his prime, and a solid Rich S. They were pulling like crazy guys all game of each season long.

2007 - Power
2008 - Power G

Those were the corner stone of our running game. Our bread and butter play, if you will. These two great concepts implemented by Gilbride, mauled any and all who stepped to us.

We have gotten away from that in being effective due to an older, banged up Snee, whose skills have declined. And fat butt, while good, was no Rich S. And China Doll Baas is no O'hara.

So mix all that in a bowl, and add hurt, older backs in Bradshaw and Jacobs, and no wonder we were DEAD LAST in running.. I mean from god like to garbage. That angers me to no end. Amazing how we won a SB by piling it all on Eli's shoulders ALL season long.

I digress though. So vote for Chance W. or Cooper as your guy to bring sexy back, and attack LBs via pulling concepts!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:47 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cool to see that some of you guys in here watch the Rangers as well! I watch a lot of Rangers games! Mainly due to the fact that they have the only Norwegian NHLer, Mats Zuccarello! If he gets his contract renewed I'm taking a New York sports trip next fall to watch a Giants game and a Rangers game!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I didn't know Zuczzz was Norwegian. Thankfully he was the only one to score during the shootout the other day. Big game tonight for them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-13-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I didn't know Zuczzz was Norwegian. Thankfully he was the only one to score during the shootout the other day. Big game tonight for them.
He's a big sports star in Norway, mainly because he's our only NHL player! But also because he's a really cool and funny dude.

Yup, big game against the isles tonight. Won't be able to watch it though, I'll be out drinking with my buddies and chasing girls. Got to keep my priorities straight .)

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote