Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-28-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He didn't. His whole team didn't. I'm looking at his traits, what he does well, what he does poorly, what's correctable, what's not correctable, and does he have the mental makeup and physical makeup to improve from where he is.

I think he has all of that. I think his issues are very correctable. His mechanics, footwork and throwing motion are correctable. He has a terrific release and arm strength. Sitting behind an NFL OL will correct his happy feet with time, his mechanics will improve with practice and good coaching.

He's a smart qb, he recognizes coverages and he makes his progressions. No concerns there.

He's tough. No concern with his mental makeup, this guy has the mentality to be a good qb.

He's battle tested, he's a winner, and he's played in all weather conditions. So no concerns there.

Really it's just mechanics and footwork. That's it. Very correctable issues. The rest of what you look for in a qb is there, good size, quick release, arm strength, pocket presence, poise, and intelligence.

Let him sit and work on those mechanics, and the accuracy issues will disappear. This is a quality quality developmental qb.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
If Eli goes down we're done anyway so I don't care if it's Carr or Nassib backing up. I'd rather save that roster spot for someone else.
Maybe, maybe not. You can't have that mentality of your on the team. That sort of mentality gets you fired. When Peyton went down they had zero people to come in and stabilize. Now, that doesn't mean you may win every game, but don't have pathetic season then.

You need 2 other roster spots. One for a veteran and one developmental QB. If we had that mentality regards to a QB, then we don't win the SB against the Bills. This applies to drafting a QB as well for people who dislike the QB pick.

We drafted jeff H. in the 3rd round, and he developed. If helped carry the team en route to a SB win. When brady went down, Cassel came in and won games too.

I think having 3 Qbs is important this year. Carr to come in, and Ryan N. as the developmental guy. Now, if Carr gets beaten out because Nassib shows he can handle everything, then you may get your wish. Carr probably gets cut because of the cost and him being number 3. I would think based on what Reese said we carry 3, but we have to wait and see how the back up job shakes up.
NY+Giants=NYG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a totally different time in the NFL cap era. Roster spots are worth their weight in gold and having 2 backup QB's taking up spots means less depth somewhere else. Nassib will just have to be the backup.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nassib is not only cheaper than Carr, but he's also better than Carr. So I see no reason why we need to keep 3 quarterbacks. You can keep 2 and still be fine.

Nassib isn't an idiot, he'll study the playbook and be ready. I'm not concerned about losing Carr's familiarity with the offense.

Nassib is mobile enough to replicate the read option in practice anyway. That was Carr's only trait that was valuable, and Nassib has it as well. Cut Carr, save 2 million bucks, and go get a player with that 2 million that will help the team.

That's why having a cheap backup qb is so valuable. It saves so much money. For that alone, Nassib was worth the pick.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D. Moore on NFL network, Game changers. He looks like a LB then a DE.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
It's a totally different time in the NFL cap era. Roster spots are worth their weight in gold and having 2 backup QB's taking up spots means less depth somewhere else. Nassib will just have to be the backup.
Yeah totally different time but the philosophy stays the same. This is why the Steelers drafted a QB, this is why Mallett was drafted by Brady. They had Mallett and Hoyer.

You can't, as a GM, not have a backup plan, and then go to the owner and say, sorry but we didn't have a Plan B. Our plan B is Carr steps in, and Nassib is developmental. However, if Nassib beats out Carr, then you get your wish. It means now Carr is expendable.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to let you guys know I signed up for Shane's site just now. I guess I'll jump back and forth between the 2 sites for now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Yeah totally different time but the philosophy stays the same. This is why the Steelers drafted a QB, this is why Mallett was drafted by Brady. They had Mallett and Hoyer.

You can't, as a GM, not have a backup plan, and then go to the owner and say, sorry but we didn't have a Plan B. Our plan B is Carr steps in, and Nassib is developmental. However, if Nassib beats out Carr, then you get your wish. It means now Carr is expendable.
Yup I'll just have to root for Nassib and I like Carr. I unbdersand you can't just punt the seson but for real if Eli goes down I'd rather just suck and get Clowney or Bridgewater haha.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Just to let you guys know I signed up for Shane's site just now. I guess I'll jump back and forth between the 2 sites for now.
I signed up as well. I'll be at both until the traffic picks up there, and then I'll fully migrate over there.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be hopping over there as well. Is it hosted or sponsored by Scott or is ran by Shane? I don't think it really matters either way as long as Shane is in charge of it but it'd be cool to know it was Shane's thing.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

someone wanna send me the link cause I'm lazy?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Yup I'll just have to root for Nassib and I like Carr. I unbdersand you can't just punt the seson but for real if Eli goes down I'd rather just suck and get Clowney or Bridgewater haha.
That type of situation works out perfectly very rarely. The situation with the Colts was rare. Win one more game, and Peyton might stay a Colt, because it's too much to trade up to draft Luck and they may not want Bob.

They lost got the # 1 pick, and had a very, very potential QB sitting right at them. Meanwhile Peyton is 36 years old, so everything falls in line. So it could work out very well for the team!

However, for the people, it does not. Clear house, players and coaches go. So the team may be fine, and luck out, but for the GM, you wonder, man if I had a plan B, I could still have a job.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
someone wanna send me the link cause I'm lazy?
www.drafttv.com

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'll be hopping over there as well. Is it hosted or sponsored by Scott or is ran by Shane? I don't think it really matters either way as long as Shane is in charge of it but it'd be cool to know it was Shane's thing.
Looks like it's Shane 100% He's going to do fantasy and NFL draft stuff.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Looks like it's Shane 100% He's going to do fantasy and NFL draft stuff.
Yeah, I checked it out a bit. I really love the format of it. Draft and fantasy stuff. Plus it seems to have a wide range of features...unlike some people or persons we know. I love how it breaks down players in videos so you get to see the player too and get some input on the player by Shane.

I hope a lot of people go over to it and stay there.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
That type of situation works out perfectly very rarely. The situation with the Colts was rare. Win one more game, and Peyton might stay a Colt, because it's too much to trade up to draft Luck and they may not want Bob.

They lost got the # 1 pick, and had a very, very potential QB sitting right at them. Meanwhile Peyton is 36 years old, so everything falls in line. So it could work out very well for the team!

However, for the people, it does not. Clear house, players and coaches go. So the team may be fine, and luck out, but for the GM, you wonder, man if I had a plan B, I could still have a job.
Agreed and I'm not really banking on that happening.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Also, I am curious to see how this staff, specifically Reese can pick and scout a good QB. There are two things Reese has been shielded from. Picking a HC and drafting a franchise QB. These two things were done for him.

He has done well for the team, but those 2 BIG factors he has yet to do. So if he sees value, good, let me work on it because when TC and Eli go, he is on the clock. He has to get the HC hire right AND draft the franchise QB.

BBD thinks we may be bad at evaluating QB. That may be right or may not, but we can't have Reese swing and miss on QBs. If that happens that's going to hurt.

So I will be watching how we evaluate and develop QBs. Woodson, and 5th rounder Bomar were dubs. Ok, well let's see how this 4th rounder does for us.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiper & McShay gave us a C+....classic ESPN analysis

these guys know nothing about the giants and how we work

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

New York Giants: C+

They get a C for needs and a B for value, with Mel downgrading them for failing to address cornerback or linebacker.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so, where's Pugh gonna play? Is it like, in a perfect world, our future OL is:

Beatty-Pugh-Baas(center)- Herman- Brewer?

Wow, maybe I'm liking Pugh more because our OL looks to be a mess down the road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have serious doubts if brewer ever starts or plays serious time for us...my guess is we draft another OL 1st or 2nd rd next year and then have a solid base of Beatty, Pugh, Draftee and then plug and play the other 2 spots

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-28-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

The OL is going to need more attention. We have had a boner for DEs and had the luxury of not worrying about OL because our guys were solid and versatile. Now we need to pay attention to it.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The OL is going to need more attention. We have had a boner for DEs and had the luxury of not worrying about OL because our guys were solid and versatile. Now we need to pay attention to it.
agreed. I'd guarantee we go Oline 1st or 2nd next year to retool. Do you think Baas sticks around next year? If so then we really are only missing 1 spot- and that's assuming Chris Snee really is done by next year which is also very debatable

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-28-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We have Beatty and Pugh. Baas and Snee are the next 2 on the chopping block so we'll find replacements for them soon.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well and Boothe's on a 1 year deal. This year will be:

band-aid team with "Hey Eli! Carry this team to a Super Bowl!"

next year will be a butt ton of overhaul. Especially with all the $$$ coming off the books
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote