Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-10-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Locking up Manningham long term is something I would not put a high priority on.
I would if he has another season like last year. Who else plays Z? He is our homerun threat. If he walks, we have only one credible WR who is our X.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm so angry I'm shaking. WTF Reese. This is his first major blunder as GM.

I don't care how you try to sugarcoat this, you're telling me we couldn't fork over 4 mill, 2 mill guaranteed?

BULL F'IN ****.

Reese totally screwed himself over bc of this. I understand not wanting to pay big money for a possession receiver, but this is a big blow regardless of how you try to sugarcoat it.
I'm with you big time!!! My favorite player just went to the ******* Eagles because we were cheap as ****.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at the schematics of it. We're done. Philly is going to kill us now.

You put Nmandi on Nicks. He's done.

Even if you think Asante sucks, you can double up Mario. Done.

DRC on our slot. Done.

Do you even have to cover our TE? Done.

Who the hell is Eli gonna throw the ball to? We're done.

Get Moss. That evens the playing field.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm with you big time!!! My favorite player just went to the ******* Eagles because we were cheap as ****.
I didn't think my hatred for the Eagles, the city of Philadelphia, and the state of Pennsylvania could ever grow any more.

But it just ****** grew like a tumor. I'm so angry right now.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Look at the schematics of it. We're done. Philly is going to kill us now.

You put Nmandi on Nicks. He's done.

Even if you think Asante sucks, you can double up Mario. Done.

DRC on our slot. Done.

Do you even have to cover our TE? Done.

Who the hell is Eli gonna throw the ball to? We're done.

Dude, let the season play out. Our OL needs to create holes to run the ball. From there we go, it's not like we are the Browns or some scumbag last place team.

Let's see how our draft picks pan out and how they can be used before we go with the sky is falling routine.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Dude, let the season play out. Our OL needs to create holes to run the ball. From there we go, it's not like we are the Browns or some scumbag last place team.

Let's see how our draft picks pan out and how they can be used before we go with the sky is falling routine.
The sky isn't falling. We're still a damn good team.

But there's no denying that the Eagles are a better team right now. And my mindstate is always SB or bust. I think we have the talent that we could win the SB.

But now with what Philly has done this offseason, and what we didn't do, I think we're done. We'll make the playoffs sure, but that's all we are.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

For the first time since you started pimping Moss, I actually agree. We need some help now. I can't ******* stand losin two times to the ******* Eagles again. We need a highly motivated Randy Moss to whoop the Eagles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We also have no 3rd WR now that any team could care about. Reese better sign Cotchery.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-10-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Cotchery. Very underrated player. A true gentleman too. Only Jet I liked. You could tell he hated a lot of the antics of his team in his weekly interviews on WFAN.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I love Cotchery. Very underrated player. A true gentleman too. Only Jet I liked. You could tell he hated a lot of the antics of his team in his weekly interviews on WFAN.
Yeah he's a good guy. Smith was also the perfect Giant. I just don't get this from either side right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-10-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
The sky isn't falling. We're still a damn good team.

But there's no denying that the Eagles are a better team right now. And my mindstate is always SB or bust. I think we have the talent that we could win the SB.

But now with what Philly has done this offseason, and what we didn't do, I think we're done. We'll make the playoffs sure, but that's all we are.
Yea they are. At least on paper anyways. In order to prove that they are this year, they have to sweep us again. Every year is a new year, with the breaks of the game. You never know with injuries what can happen. If Vick goes down, then Vince Young comes in.

You gotta let the season run its course and see what we do. We gotta hope all our first round picks do something on defense. What about that?

Kiwi
Ross
JPP
Kenny P

Hopefully Amukamara can get healthy and be eased in..

it would help if we get production from our 2nd rounders too... Austin, and Joseph and Clint S.

We joke about that every draft time about defense. How about we finally get some real sick production out of these guys? Now we can see how good Fewell is.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

From BBI

Quote:
Carl Banks on Sirius says that as a result of Smith's exam
Reese's Pieces : 8:11 pm
Giants thought that he would not be available until the 9th or 10th week and would still have to work himself into condition.

If Smith comes back early and is 100% then blame the doctors for bad intel. Unless people expect our GMs to go to medical school too.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would also be a fan of signing Cotchery. Really liked listening to him on WFAN. Smart guy, possession guy. Not unlike Steve Smith.

This just sucks. I love Steve Smith. I don't see how you can't offer the guy a ONE YEAR DEAL for that little of money. Even if you don't think he can contribute until later in the year, it'd still be worth it.

Man, if we thought Eli had a ton of INT's because of WR screw ups and drops last year - without Smith it's going to be even worse.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
From BBI

If Smith comes back early and is 100% then blame the doctors for bad intel. Unless people expect our GMs to go to medical school too.
Well we discussed this and that would have been fine if he came back that late. It's when we would have needed him the most.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-10-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Well we discussed this and that would have been fine if he came back that late. It's when we would have needed him the most.
I have to admit, it's interesting see giants fans implode on various MB. But we are not going to overpay for avg talent, or hurt talent. Manningham and Nicks are going to get their contracts. So we are not going to blow our wad on a guy with 1 good season and a very serious injury. Emotions aside, it's a sound business decision. I like Smith, but I don't want us to give him a big deal with a knee like that. However, I didn't think the Eagles would step in. It's a risk on their part, but then again it's a one year deal.

Now we have to see if someone else can step up.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of Barden, Hixon, Thomas, Jernigan and Cruz have to step up and contribute on offense this season.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One question: how much will this affect our offense when we face the Eagles D this year. I mean, Steve Smith basically knows our offense as good as anyone, He was always in the right place at the right time. Is this something that can possibly come back to haunt us as well?
Old 08-10-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
One question: how much will this affect our offense when we face the Eagles D this year. I mean, Steve Smith basically knows our offense as good as anyone, He was always in the right place at the right time. Is this something that can possibly come back to haunt us as well?
I think so. I mentioned this in the free agency thread. Smith definitely knew the offense second best next to Eli.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-10-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...he got a one year deal. This wasn't a 7 year deal with 30 mil guaranteed.

And Steve Smith isn't an average player. He's a damn good WR. Injured? Yes. But that didn't stop the Eagles from signing him. He was also signed for one year with two million guaranteed.

That's nothing for a guy with Smith's talent.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
No, because you install plays during the week for the gameplan. That goes on the callsheet. No player has access to it. All he knows are the WR rules, that alone means nothing.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
No, because you install plays during the week for the gameplan. That goes on the callsheet. No player has access to it. All he knows are the WR rules, that alone means nothing.
He still knows the playbook though. He may not know the plays we're going to call that game but he knows enough. Remember when Pierce played the Skins that first game and he knew almost everything they were going to do. He even came out and said knowing the playbook for both sides was a big help.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-10-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

What are you talking about?

It wasn't a big deal or a risk at all. He signed a 1 year deal. This was basically the Giants saying they don't want him back.

If we can't sign the guy to a 1 year deal in good faith, then that's on us.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
...he got a one year deal. This wasn't a 7 year deal with 30 mil guaranteed.

And Steve Smith isn't an average player. He's a damn good WR. Injured? Yes. But that didn't stop the Eagles from signing him. He was also signed for one year with two million guaranteed.

That's nothing for a guy with Smith's talent.
We weren't going to pay that much for a guy whose knee was diagnosed as far off still. It doesn't matter who it is. Plus you never know how things play out..

we were not going to pay Nicks, Mario AND Smith big time contracts. We do know Nicks will get it barring serious injury. Mario had a breakout season and showed up as a homerun threat. It was too bad Smith got hurt, because he could have been it interesting with a big time contract. So you never know how things play out in life.

I think now Mario and Nicks get their contracts. Smith is a great WR, but he is not a homerun threat. I respect what Smith did, but I'd rather this happen then not pay the guy if he produced. I don't fault Reese for paying a guy with a messed up knee. It's a business decision based on logic, which Reese is showing us..

Not over paying for avg talent AND hurt talent. It doesn't matter who you are. He stared down Strahan AND now Osi. Reese is a good GM, so let's see how this plays out.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not happy, but I'll let the season play out before I make judgement.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Okay, thanks. Really hope that's the case. I have this nightmare scenario playing in my head right now where Asante Samuel picks off a pass when we look poised to finally win against the Eagles, and afterwards crediting Smith with giving him pointers on the Giants offense.

Damn, this is upsetting.