Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-28-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Youre the average age here. A lot of 25s here, so you're in the norm age bracket.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I'm 24 not that anyone cares.
I care LT! You're the only other reasonable Knicks fan afterall.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I care LT! You're the only other reasonable Knicks fan afterall.

Ouch, that hurts.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Ouch, that hurts.
Oh, sorry Damix. Sometimes I forget you are because you don't post in the NBA thread!
Old 06-30-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Not Russian, but that was weird for a little. Is it your mom or your dad who's the Greek?
My Dad is the Greek one.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:52 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
My Dad is the Greek one.
Do you speak greek or know any? You're username is a greek curse word! hahahaha One of the few I know from my greek friend.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My Dad is the Greek one.
Ah ok, my mom is the Greek one.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Damn you guys are youngons! haha, it's ok though it makes this section that much more diverse.
It is interesting, everyone will have a different perspective of the team.

I have to admit being a Giants fan in the 90s was tough going. There were soo many bad decisions that I hated.

George Young was a very good GM, but he was awful in managing the salary cap and free agency. But we did have a succession of experience with Accorsi being mentored by Young and in turn Accorsi mentored Reese. Now we are one of the best.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok it is a little quiet, so time for bold predictions

who are your top 5 players that you believe will have breakout performances this year?

who are your top 5 veterans do you think will rebound and have much improved performances this year?

why do you think this will happen with these players?
Old 07-02-2013, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you speak greek or know any? You're username is a greek curse word! hahahaha One of the few I know from my greek friend.
I can read and write Greek, but I can't really hold a conversation.

I am fluent in English and Spanish. Russian I can understand perfectly but can't speak either.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I can read and write Greek, but I can't really hold a conversation.

I am fluent in English and Spanish. Russian I can understand perfectly but can't speak either.
Wow, very impressive. You should practice speaking Greek. You have the other components down in reading and writing. I just recognized your username once you said you were Greek, because that's a greek curse word, lol.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
It is interesting, everyone will have a different perspective of the team.

I have to admit being a Giants fan in the 90s was tough going. There were soo many bad decisions that I hated.

George Young was a very good GM, but he was awful in managing the salary cap and free agency. But we did have a succession of experience with Accorsi being mentored by Young and in turn Accorsi mentored Reese. Now we are one of the best.
Yeah it was very tough. Once the league and rules changed he didn't adjust to it very well, and that led us down a road of darkness. EA was a decent GM who will be known for the Eli trade. That's his legacy, but Reese is an excellent find an I am glad he was developed and brought up the ranks.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah it was very tough. Once the league and rules changed he didn't adjust to it very well, and that led us down a road of darkness. EA was a decent GM who will be known for the Eli trade. That's his legacy, but Reese is an excellent find an I am glad he was developed and brought up the ranks.
EA was average at best. Sure Eli was a great pick but we had so many busts

Shaun Williams and Jeremy Shockey while not busts like the others were very poor picks at best.
Neither played a premium position and we had so many needs at other positions (can you say DE).
Don't get me started ob how many busts we drafted at WR and RB.

Outsude if those two we had guys like Dayne, Joseph. Free agent signings like Holmes while letting our very solid oline walk..

Part of the problem was Fassel. I really wanted Belicheck in 1997. Mind you I wanted him in 1991 to replace Parcells.

I went back through my notes from way back and it us so interesting to see what I thought we should gave done back then

Last edited by Big_Pete : 07-03-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think you can say Williams or Shockey were poor picks. Both played at a very high level for us and we did get in the playoffs multiple teams under EA with 1 SB appearance.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:30 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Shockey was not a poor pick. The guy brought passion and energy to our crowd and fan base. We haven't had that since he left until now with Victor Cruz. People went nuts when Shockey made plays.

EA had a near .500 record overall. I blame those drafts a man named Marv Sutherland who was a Jerry Reese or Marc Ross. The Shockey draft was his last draft.

Then EA promoted Reese. I have this article on my stat dump thread.

It went :

Sutherland
Reese
Marc Ross
Old 07-03-2013, 08:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't a huge EA fan. I give him credit for 2 moves:

1. The Eli trade.
2. The belief that you can never have too many pass rushers.

Those 2 moves basically built the blueprint for our superbowls. So I give him a lot of credit for that.

But I didn't think he was a very good drafter, and I think he fell in love with names too much. Was too active in FA for my liking. Gambled on injury prone players too much.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also gave Collins another shot which was a success.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-03-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wasn't a huge EA fan. I give him credit for 2 moves:

1. The Eli trade.
2. The belief that you can never have too many pass rushers.

Those 2 moves basically built the blueprint for our superbowls. So I give him a lot of credit for that.

But I didn't think he was a very good drafter, and I think he fell in love with names too much. Was too active in FA for my liking. Gambled on injury prone players too much.
I am not sure on the belief that you can never have too many pass rushers, I think that came later. Just look at the late 90s and early 2000s where we had Strahan and .....
Since 2003 that did change though
Old 07-03-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Shockey was not a poor pick. The guy brought passion and energy to our crowd and fan base. We haven't had that since he left until now with Victor Cruz. People went nuts when Shockey made plays.

EA had a near .500 record overall. I blame those drafts a man named Marv Sutherland who was a Jerry Reese or Marc Ross. The Shockey draft was his last draft.

Then EA promoted Reese. I have this article on my stat dump thread.

It went :

Sutherland
Reese
Marc Ross
I hear what you are saying but I don't buy it. We had much bigger needs for example DE in 2002. blind freddy knew we had a major need at DE and we had a solid offense, so the solution is another TE? give me a break.

For me selling tickets is not a reason to compromise on building a football team properly.

I don't agree on the .500 level either. How many mid-late round picks contributed in significant ways.

Collins was solid, but lets not forget we got him on the scrap head.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Here are the drafts under EA

1 Mathias Kiwanuka Boston College
2 Sinorice Moss Miami (FL)
3 Gerris Wilkinson Georgia Tech
4 Barry Cofield Northwestern
4 Guy Whimper East Carolina
5 Charlie Peprah Alabama
7 Gerrick McPhearson Maryland

2 Corey Webster Louisiana State
3 Justin Tuck Notre Dame
4 Brandon Jacobs Southern Illinois
6 Eric Moore Florida State

1 Philip Rivers North Carolina State
2 Chris Snee Boston College
4 Reggie Torbor Auburn
5 Gibril Wilson Tennessee
6 Jamaar Taylor Texas A&M
7 Drew Strojny Duke
7 Isaac Hilton Hampton

1 William Joseph Miami (FL)
2 Osi Umenyiora Troy State
3 Vishante Shiancoe Morgan State
4 Roderick Babers Texas
5 David Diehl Illinois
6 Willie Ponder Southeast Missouri State
6 Frank Walker Tuskegee
6 David Tyree Syracuse
7 Charles Drake Michigan
7 Wayne Lucier Colorado
7 Kevin Walter Eastern Michigan

1 Jeremy Shockey Miami (FL)
2 Tim Carter Auburn
3 Jeff Hatch Pennsylvania
5 Nick Greisen Wisconsin
6 Wesley Mallard Oregon
7 Daryl Jones Miami (FL)
7 Quincy Monk North Carolina

1 Will Allen Syracuse
3 William Peterson Western Illinois
4 Cedric Scott Southern Mississippi
4 Jesse Palmer Florida
5 John Markham Vanderbilt
5 Jonathan Carter Troy State
7 Ross Kolodziej Wisconsin

1 Ron Dayne Wisconsin
2 Cornelius Griffin Alabama
3 Ron Dixon Lambuth (TN)
4 Brandon Short Penn State
5 Ralph Brown Nebraska
6 Dhani Jones Michigan
7 Jeremiah Parker California

1 Luke Petitgout Notre Dame
2 Joe Montgomery Ohio State
3 Dan Campbell Texas A&M
4 Sean Bennett Northwestern
5 John McLaughlin California
5 Mike Rosenthal Notre Dame
6 Lyle West San Jose State
6 Andre Weathers Michigan
7 Ryan Hale Arkansas
7 O.J. Childress Clemson

1 Shaun Williams UCLA
2 Joe Jurevicius Penn State
3 Brian Alford Purdue
5 Toby Myles Jackson State
6 Todd Pollack Boston College
7 Ben Fricke Houston

Last edited by Big_Pete : 07-03-2013 at 04:59 PM. Reason: 1997 while the Fassel era, EA wasn't GM yet
Old 07-03-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He had some good drafts. Some bad ones too. Anytime youre GM that long though you're gonna have some misses. From 2003 onward he was money.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He had some good drafts. Some bad ones too. Anytime youre GM that long though you're gonna have some misses. From 2003 onward he was money.
thats true for sure

My issue is that he neglected several key positions at the expense of others.

EAs drafts after 2003 were decent (with a few exceptions) but that may be more due to Reese.

EA did have some average free agencies though as well

I am tempted to go back through my notes at the time and see what differences I would have ideally made.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
And still a lot of good players found in the drafts before then. Hell we'd kill for someone like Greisen, Short, or Jones at LB right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-03-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That 1997 draft was awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
That 1997 draft was awesome
The 1997 was George Young, not EA

Even then I had issues with it, we could have done better.