Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-26-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Hate to lose a player because we carry an extra QB. It's horrible roster management.
eh, keeping Carr and Nassib over some chump doesn't bother me. Unless someone we cut becomes a star I won't be bothered by it at all. Carr is getting too much money to cut and we can't cut Nassib because that'd be dumb.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Naa I came around on him very quickly. I was fine with the pick by the next morning.
I'm actually more critical of Pugh than Nassib. Nassib was a 4th round pick. Even if he blows chunks, having a cheap 4th round pick as your backup qb that saves 1.5 mill a season is still a worthy investment.

Pugh on the other hand, was a 1st round pick. I think we reached. Granted, I think he'll be a solid pro, but I think we reached for need this year. So I want to see production out of Pugh. Bc he was a high investment and we left other talents on the board to get him.

So I'm going to be much harder on Pugh than I will on Nassib.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having that said, I like Pugh. He was on my list so I can't hate the pick. But I had guys rated higher than him. So I'll be interested to see how he does vs the other guys.

I know I'm gonna punch babies over us not taking Arthur Brown in the 2nd though. I'm pretty confident in that.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
eh, keeping Carr and Nassib over some chump doesn't bother me. Unless someone we cut becomes a star I won't be bothered by it at all. Carr is getting too much money to cut and we can't cut Nassib because that'd be dumb.
Depth depth depth. The odds of a 3rd QB playing is 0. At other positions we need all the bodies we can get.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Depth depth depth. The odds of a 3rd QB playing is 0. At other positions we need all the bodies we can get.
My concern is depth at DT in particular. Right now we have room for 4, I think we need 5 guys.

Bc we really only have 3 legit DTs on the roster right now. The rest are meh.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Huh? You don't see me saying anything bad about Pugh. Try again Alex!
You knocked the pick BIG time though when we did get him. Don't let your Rutgers cloud you!
Old 07-26-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
You knocked the pick BIG time though when we did get him. Don't let your Rutgers cloud you!
I did not. Like I said I was very happy with the pick the next morning after I thought about it.

And for us it's now B1G time while you languish in the AAC. We have the last laugh!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
My concern is depth at DT in particular. Right now we have room for 4, I think we need 5 guys.

Bc we really only have 3 legit DTs on the roster right now. The rest are meh.
Agreed here but I'm expanding it to the whole DL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Agreed here but I'm expanding it to the whole DL.
How many DEs?

Tuck
JPP
Kiwi
Moore
Tracy
Ojomo?

That would be 6. Maybe 5. I think Tracy and Ojomo might be fighting for the last spot.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

And now we sign a Rutgers player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on down Ryan D'Imperio.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
How many DEs?

Tuck
JPP
Kiwi
Moore
Tracy
Ojomo?

That would be 6. Maybe 5. I think Tracy and Ojomo might be fighting for the last spot.
I was thinking Tracy is a lock. Last spot on DL down to lots of guys. Ojomo, Trattou, Rogers, Austin, Patterson.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I did not. Like I said I was very happy with the pick the next morning after I thought about it.

And for us it's now B1G time while you languish in the AAC. We have the last laugh!
Haha, that's alright. It will be quite amusing the watch Rutgers get destroyed against real competition.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, that's alright. It will be quite amusing the watch Rutgers get destroyed against real competition.
We're going to be a middle of the pack team and I'll take it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-28-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't like Pugh as a player and he got demolished by sub-par pass rushers against Rutgers.

I NEVER liked Nassib. He's just so meh. And I got yelled at before the draft for suggesting a QB that falls to groom and now you're all over Nassib, jerks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will say this, keep an eye on our outsude linebackers, both Paysinger and Rivers can play; Williams has a fight on his hands for playing time.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How many DEs?

Tuck
JPP
Kiwi
Moore
Tracy
Ojomo?

I think we take five DEs

I'm guessing 5 DE, 4 DT, 6 LB, 10 DB

On offence I guess 3 QB, 1 FB, 3 RB, 6 WR, 3 TE, 9 OL

And the three specialists

Back to DE, I would not be surprised if we bring JPP back slowly and ge starts on PUP

Last edited by Big_Pete : 07-28-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I still don't like Pugh as a player and he got demolished by sub-par pass rushers against Rutgers.

I NEVER liked Nassib. He's just so meh. And I got yelled at before the draft for suggesting a QB that falls to groom and now you're all over Nassib, jerks!
There is nothing wrong with Pugh. Like most college guys he needs to get stronger and improve hus technique. He is very smart and has left tackke type of athleticism.

Let Pugh develop and trust in Coach Flaherty.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Also, randomness, but Steve Weatherford is pretty damn awesome. I follow on him on twitter. He's incredibly nice and interactive with the fans.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Nassib supposedly is looking pretty good so far.

Our secondary apparently is getting it's ass kicked. That's not good.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ready for sports to come back for real. This summer has been ridiculous and while on the one hand I ****** **** up with the woman I love for at least the forseeable future, at least I'm finally getting out of biology for reals and start the new job thursday.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I'm ready for sports to come back for real. This summer has been ridiculous and while on the one hand I ****** **** up with the woman I love for at least the forseeable future, at least I'm finally getting out of biology for reals and start the new job thursday.
Awesome, what are you doing now?
Old 07-29-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

DaMontre Moore supposedly looks pretty quick off the ball too. I really hope that's true, bc we need him to produce for us if we want to have a dominant front again.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He needs to get stronger. Looks more like a fast LB with his build.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I can see that. I think this year our expectations of him should be hoping he can come in on 3rd down and be a pass rush specialist for us. Then bulk up for next year and hope he can grab the LE position.

He was about 260 at the combine I believe, and with his frame he can easily get up to 270.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The only good thing with JPP out is the extra snaps the young DE's will get. It will give the coaching staff a better idea on the talent of these guys.

sig by BoneKrusher